Ignore the other negative reviews people have given, Turtle Beach Resort is well worth the trip!
The amenities were wonderful, the room was clean and the view was fantastic. The water toys (canoes, paddleboats, fishing poles, pool toys) were all available and in great condition. Everything was perfect and made you feel right at home. The staff was friendly and welcoming and made sure all of our expectations were met. The furnishings inside our cottage were wonderful. The couch, chairs and beds were so comfortable we never wanted to get out, and the atmosphere was fantastic. The pictures on the walls, fake flowers, seashells and books made the cottage warm and cozy. The privacy you receive here can't be beat either. There's nobody knocking on your door or getting in your way. You’re free to walk out on the dock, go canoeing, go for a swim, fire up the grill, take a relaxing dip in your private hot tub, or just lounge around your cottage without anyone getting in your way. It’s truly the perfect place to be.
The only thing to be aware of is the fact that it depends upon who your neighbors are as to how peaceful it can be. The people in the cottage next to us were a group of foreigners who were very loud all day, which made for our “peaceful” days to be tainted. However, if you have well-mannered, quiet neighbors you'll be fine. Also, be aware that there is a $62 charge for each pet you bring, and unlike what is stated on their website, there isn’t a private beach for you to let your pet run free. You must canoe or paddle out to the "beach," but even then, this beach was hidden under 2 inches of water. You can go a few minutes down the road to beautiful Turtle Beach, but pets are prohibited there, so it doesn't make it worth while. I suggest if you have a pet, you think about having someone at home watch him/her because there won't be much for your pet to do here. We brought our pug along and the poor thing had to stay in the cottage while we went out because there was truly nowhere for her to go and play. We had to have her leashed at all times, and being that the cottages are close together and there were always people outside, it made it difficult for her to enjoy herself. We wound up having to take her across the street to use the bathroom each day, as well.
Outside of those aspects, the entire trip was fantastic. The view each morning is phenominal and you truly have the privacy to do whatever you'd like without having people stomping around or interfering with your private time. Quite frankly, I’m surprised at all of the negative reviews people have given, but remember – it depends upon the person as to how true a review is. Perhaps for someone expecting 5-star service and amenities, this isn’t the place to be; but for a down-to-earth couple or family wanting a nice vacation outside of the fast-paced lifestyle, this is the place to be, without a doubt.
I highly recommend Turtle Beach Resort to anyone. It may be expensive, but you do get what you pay for. Privacy, relaxation, beautiful views, an amazing beach just minutes down the road, and a place to escape the craziness of the world. My husband and I cannot wait to return. Turtle Beach Resort will forever be our home away from home.
If you would like any additional input, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort located on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is the perfect family vacation getaway with spacious cottages that offer full kitchens, living, and dining areas. Enjoy the beautiful private outdoor space included with each cottage that includes a large hot tub facing the water. Our pet-friendly resort is a two-minute walk to the beach and offers complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, bicycles fishing gear, beach chairs, and umbrellas. If you're looking for a weekend away from the kids, visit our romantic sister property The Inn at Turtle Beach for peaceful accommodations. Plan your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida