“Paradise!”

Turtle Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the turtle beach resort for our ten year anniversary and it was absolutely perfect! We loved all the included amenities like the kayaks, bikes, canoes, fishing gear and lots more! Our favorite part of the resort was the privacy..we were able to enjoy this beautiful resort and enjoy the privacy that it offers. We felt very comfortable from the time we arrived until we left. We enjoyed kayaking to the private beach, fishing from the docks, enjoying our own private hot tub, a very nice shaded area with a grill and chairs to relax and watch the sunset! The restaurants in the area were very nice also, we were told as soon as we arrived that we must try a restaurant called "miguels" a wonderful restaurant we will never forget absolutely one of the best meals I have ever had. We could not have been happier with our stay. It was perfect, the privacy, the amenities, the service, it was really our own little piece of paradise for the three days we got to enjoy it. Already planning my next trip. No complaints what so ever.

Room Tip: we stayed in the #6 seashell we had our dock and pool right outside the room wonderful sunset view !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I vactioned in Siesta Key for the first time last week and loved it. I only stayed for a couple days but had the most amazing time. Turtle Beach Resort was the perfect spot on Siesta Key, away from the crowds, sits right on the water. We were greated with a warm welcome. The staff there was so friendly and accommodating. We could use bikes, canoes, kayaks, and beach chairs all for free, oh and did I mention the private hottub. I would definitely return for another stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: I called to make sure the room I chose had what I wanted in it. The owners are great about describi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christianaporter1
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I are here now. I am relaxing on my bed with the door open. I am looking at the beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. I wish we could stay here forever. If you are looking for a ritz carlton with intrusive services this is not for you. If you are looking for an escape in a private, serene paradise then you will forget what worries you left behind. The pool never closes and staff is only here from 9-5 to check in and they have to be the sweetest people I have ever met. David, Wanda, and Matt greeted us like we were family. The rooms have an old charm. They are clean but if you dont appreciate the character of an older building then you may want to keep looking. It feels like a home away from home. It feels lived in and warm. Some of the units are darker than others but take your tookis outside on your porch and you will get all the light you need and breathtaking almost rainforest like surrounding. You have boats and kayaks available 24 hours a day. Just hop in and go. No checking out needed or a guide. This is only our second day and we don't leave for another 5 days. I have never been more relaxed. We have the best cottage..the southwestern studio.. after seeing others I think we will return to the same unit next year. Come to this resort with an open mind, a humble heart, and an

appreciation for what really matters...natural beauty , good people, and serenity.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank kdc1970
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A week at Turtle Beach Resort flew by. I had to tell the world how amazing of a place this is! We were so happy that we got to experience it and as much as I want to keep it to myself, it is worth sharing.
I first heard about Turtle Beach Resort from a trusted friend who could not stop raving about this peaceful oasis on the Gulf Coast of Florida. We usually vacation in Miami when we are in Florida and I forgot about the recommendation for a few years until my husband told me that he had a business trip in Tampa and that we should spend some time there when he was finished. I then remembered that Siesta Key was close by and we should look into that magical spot. I quickly searched for Turtle Beach Resort and found a bunch of amazing reviews and some that were not so flattering. I was a bit concerned but trusted the recommendation from my friend who is a top consultant in interior design and an extreme perfectionist. When I called to make the reservation they said they were full for our first two nights so we booked at another resort located near the village on Siesta Key and to say the least it was awful.. you can check out that review on my page too. We called Turtle Beach Resort and they said they had a room for us for the remaining week we were in Florida!
When we pulled up to the Resort we were excited to be away from the other hotel and be out of the intensity of Manhattan, then we began to walk down the stone path towards to the water and the office and my mouth literally dropped open when I saw that stunning view with the impeccable landscape. It was so tropical I forgot I was still in America.
When we walked into the office Dave, the owner was there to greet us. He was so personable and hysterically funny. He will make you laugh and feel like you're apart of the family five minutes after meeting him. He began to ask about what we would like to do and eat and gave us the best recommendations! We would have been so lost in Sarasota without his help on the best places to eat. And do not be fooled- Sarasota has some incredible mom and pop finds that were a pleasure to go to instead of the typical touristy or chain places.
Dave then showed us to our well equipped and perfectly decorated private cottage that was overlooking the water. After that it was like heaven, it felt like we were on our own private island. I slipped into one of the Resort's bathrobes and the vacation was in full swing. We took advantage of the Resorts's hammocks, bikes, fishing, sunsets that were picture perfect (really, it is the background on my phone), and close proximity to the beach. Another huge bonus of the Resort is their discount to the gourmet French restaurant Miguel's. We got a five course dinner for the two of us for what we would pay for appetizers in the city and it was so good we had to go back twice!
We have gone back once already and in May we will be going back again with my sister and her three children. The resort is really unique and I am so happy we found it.

Room Tip: Every room has a private hot tub! If you want a view or king size bed make sure you ask about that...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RHarrison76
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were here for a week after booking and paying in full in advance at $365 a night plus, plus.Sheets were thread bare polyester. Dishwahser screwed shut. One towel bar, no soap dishes. Kitchen was not clean. Minimal of supplies of glasses and plates...like three of each. Bathroom too small even for one.No maid service of any kind for the week. No one on premises from 5 p m to 9 am. As one couple we met said: "If you can afford this place you will be disappointed." We were indeed. Lovely setting, great view. Book at your own risk. Greenbrier for a little more wolud be better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
18  Thank glenn c
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reading past reviews which either rate this as paradise or a dump I can say it is neither. On the plus side it has a great location. Siesta beach has been rated the best in the country but we preferred Turtle beach which is a short walk from the property. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. The hot tubs were a great addition to the rooms. We used the canoes around the local waterways. This could be a top funky resort but it is hurt by a lack of basic maintenance and room design .For example ,one of the pools was dirty and the wooden deck around it was rotted and could cause an accident. The rooms are naturally dark but the interior paint and bedding are in colors that make it worse. One room had brown sheets and blinds. It looks like the owners are trying to get by without any investment in the property. The sad part of this is that it would not cost a great deal to correct these items.. I like this place because it is not pretentious and will not attract the rich and famous crowd but I am concerned that the lack of maintenance will make things worse in the future as I would like to come again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arayCentralN_j_
Reviewed March 26, 2013

For our 5 year anniversary we stayed at The Inn at Turtle Beach Resort, where only adults are allowed to stay. The parking lot was packed yet walking around their beautiful, serene gardens, we felt like we were the only ones there! Loved our one bedroom suite unit, it was spotless when we arrived in the middle of the night. The owner's and staff were all so kind and helpful, they even left us a "treasure map" to help us get to our room afterhours! The hot tub was clean, hot, and ready to be taken advantage of! They even had a decanter with sherry wine on our table to be enjoyed! The bed was comfortable and our room had an "island" look to it, which made it even more relaxing. We only got to stay for two nights, but each night we enjoyed sitting on the dock with a cocktail. Yes, the pool is quite small, but at least you know there won't be 20 unattended little children splashing around in it, we had it all to ourselves. The resort provides complimentary bikes, kayaks, canoes, and fishing poles. We packed a cooler with beer and took one of the canoes over to the private beach area across the water. So beautiful, and we felt so adventurous! Matt in the main office was the greatest! If you're looking for some good recommendations for things to do in the area or really great places to dine, he's your man! For breakfast go to Millie's, it was about ten to fifteen minutes away, but sooooo worth it! We loved it so much we went two days in a row! For dinner, go to Miguel's. Best five course meal I've had in a very long time. I kept waiting for something to come out to our table that I wasn't going to be fond of, but I loved each and everything I tried there and the service was spectacular! We will definatley be back to stay at The Inn many more times, as I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Siesta Key. We are already planning our next getaway there in the summer! Go, Now!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple