Overall, the property was a nice place to stay. We had a top floor 3 bedroom ocean front unit with an amazing view of the entire Siesta Key Beach (the sunsets were terrific). Our condo was mostly updated with plenty of space for everyone. The pools were actually heated to a temperature that allowed comfortable swimming in December, and the staff was helpful and friendly. The beach was very nice, although it is quite narrow compared to the other beach areas of Siesta Key, which means it was more crowded. There is a public access trail right next to the property which adds to the congestion. Also, the water is quite shallow on this part of the Key. Like many vacation areas, better soundproofing would have been helpful. You can frequently hear doors slamming and other vacationers played loud music from their balconies. The neighbors in the gaudy house next door also were loud and liked to swim/scream very late at night. Smoking seems quite common on balconies and at the pool areas – it would be great if the entire property could be smoke free. The condo had almost nothing included except for starter toilet paper, bath towels and a few bars of soap – no beach chairs (unless you rent them), no paper towels, salt/pepper, coffee filters, etc. Last, the WiFi signal was very weak and frequently disconnected. Overall, we enjoyed the stay. However, at the price paid, I would have expected more, therefore the average rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siesta Key offers a variety of cuisines with numerous restaurants and cafés. From beach shops to fine clothing you can shop ‘till you drop. With Sarasota only minutes away, you are never at a loss for things to do and see. The Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, Mote Marine, Spanish Point, Jungle Gardens, dozens of art galleries and antique shops, the opera, symphony, ballet and numerous live theater groups are just across the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Siesta Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Sands Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Siesta Sands Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida