“Great week at the "Island"”
Review of Banyan Tree Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Banyan Tree Resort
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed almost perfect weather for Nov10-17. The accommodations were just as pictured, with plenty of space and a reasonably equipped kitchen. This unit has no oven and only one working burner on the stove top, but there is a microwave and toaster oven. I think this would be a problem if we were staying longer than a week and needed to cook more, but we had no problem going out to dinner sampling many of the restaurants in Siesta Key Village. The grills that are available require charcoal (not supplied) and are small, so we did not barbecue.
The unit was very clean and 3 changes of bath towels were supplied. There is also a coin operated laundry available off site (property just around the corner).
Be sure to read the description carefully as not all the units have access to a pool. This one does not and we were aware of this before booking. We are beach people and wouldn't use a pool, so it is nice to have options. There are beach chairs available, but there aren't many and they are not the greatest. Again, if staying longer than a week, it might be worth it to purchase your own. We did get to use the bikes, but it took us three days to get them. There were only 2 available and they were borrowed as soon as the office opened.
We were located about a 5 minute walk to Beach Access 7
The office staff was efficient and all our arrangements were made by email with very detailed instructions that answered all of our questions.
We will rent again from Banyan Tree. They have a varied selection of accommodations and if we stay longer the next time, we will look at one of the other units. But if we stay a week, the Island is a great choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Banyan Tree Resort

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My girlfiend and went to the Banyan Tree "Fiji" Condo in early August. We were surprised the condo was very clean and looked inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows worked well. The pillows did have a plastic covering on them which made them a little noisy when you laid on them. The kitchen worked fine and was furnished enough to cook meals there. We used the grill outside a couple of times and ate a few meals at the condo. The bathroom was small but fit our needs (no tub just a shower). For a small depoist the Banyan furnished beach chairs and an umbrella which was nice. We had pool acess and the pool was pretty nice. We used it almost everyday after running or biking in the morning. It was a short five minute walk to the beach aand the village which was a great feature. In all it is no Park Avenue but "The Fiji" made a nice vacation for my girlfriend and I at a great price.

Room Tip: "Bring your spices for the kitchen", "Bring extra toliet paper",
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Fiji, a one bedroom unit with a small living room and kitchen. The unit was very clean, and had a great screened in porch. We also were directly next to the pool. The office staff was very accomodating and the entire booking process and stay were smooth. The location of this property is perfect; about a five minute walk to the beach, and even less to town. I have to stress how important this is, as parking for beaches, and the Village can be a pain. If you are looking to park the car and explore on foot, this is the place for you. There are many places on the Key to stay, but again, this location is at the center of everything. We would not hesitate to book another trip at Banyan Tree!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

First time staying at the Magnolia House. We are 2 familes; one upstairs and one downstairs. Both units just about the same, upstairs table seats 6, downstairs 4. Positives: property from the outside is kept up and bright, great amenities in unit, loved having a porch, beach towels in unit, large closets,really comfy. Loved, loved the pool. Gas grill used all the time. Very close to town, great walks along canals."Beach access" was about a 10 minute walk. The not so positives, the pool area was messy and trash from last tenants, we needed to clean and straighten tthe pool area to enjoy it, pool floats leaked, and we had to buy sand chairs because both units chairs were broke, of course we left them and out of the 7 umbrellas between the 2 units, only two were NOT broke. Towels in unit are dingy and rough, so I washed and bleached them before we used them. Units are"pet friendly" and I had many bites of some sort from morning of day two until we left. Saw CRNP as well as the Walmart pharmacist and neither one knew what it was. Didn't stop me from my vacation (nurse heal thyself!) However, I did seek medical attention at home because it did not get better. Needless to say, we will not be staying in a place is is pet friendly again.

Room Tip: Unit below can hear foot steps above, so children/toddlers should probably stay in the lower unit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

we had a bottom unit and the location to town beach..and stores was great..the place was clean...we had no problems...pool needs some cosmetic updates..and the price seemed right..

everything was ready when we got there....

Room Tip: we liked unit a
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is my third time staying at a Banyan Tree Resort property and the first at Hummingbird. My extended family rented all 4 units in the building. I choose this building because of it's proximity to both the beach and the village. We walked everywhere and that was a huge draw for me! Cathi from the management is very nice and accessible and sees to your needs. I agree with other reviewers that the units need upgrading as far as sleepers/couches and stocked items in the kitchen. I was in a 2-bedroom unit and it was roomy and clean and yes, the one-bedroom units are small but perfect for a couple. The pool was maintained while we were there with the pool man coming by twice to clean it and to put the garbage/recycling to the curb. I don't think I would stay in this building if I didn't have all 4 units building because you can hear everything and I can't imagine sharing the small pool with others. You are really on top of each other around the pool and it's only a couple feet from one of the unit's door. But for my family reunion vacation, it was great!! I recommend this place for family gatherings, reunions, etc. where you would share the entire building with those you know. I absolutely loved that we had a pool and that we could walk the beach in the morning and walk to dinner every night. I would rent again with Banyan Tree Resort and work with Cathi to see that my needs are met.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mari9
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the HummingBird property. There are 4 units in this little complex. We rented 3 of the 4 units. The 2 bedroom units are good sized and comfortable for 4 people. The one bedroom is very small and really only suitable for 2 people. The bottom unit is only accessible from the pool area and it is about 4 feet from the door to the pool. There is just a small living room kitchen area (all one room) and then the bedroom and bathroom.

The downstairs two-bedroom unit has the lani attached to the master bedroom. This was fine for us since we were the only ones in the complex but since this is a common area it could be awkward if other guests are staying there and they are right outside your bedroom door.

The unit is very close to the beach (about a 5 minute walk) and very close to the shops and restaurants. It is good value for the price but it really needs updating - the towels are old and stained, the kitchen utensils are ancient, the furniture is clean but not very comfortable. Again, considering the price, I think this is a good deal but next time I would pay a little more for a little more comfort.

Room Tip: The best room is unit C which is the 2 bedroom upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
#7 of 29 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Bungalows
Siesta Key Bungalows
#5 of 29 in Siesta Key

Been to Banyan Tree Resort? Share your experiences!