“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Chicago, Illinois
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife, two-year old son, parents and myself stayed for a one week vacation and it could not have been more perfect. My son loves the ocean (only 100 yards away) and the pool. My parents love the quick walk to town for lots of great restaurants. My wife and I love the perfect white sand at the beach as well as finding a vacation spot that provides something for people of all ages. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Mount Holly, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is one of the best vacation stays we had, the place is really a home away from home. We stayed at the Seashell unit and beleive u me they had everything available from a full kitchen including all appliance (quality) to all silverware, pots and pans and some more, honestly my wife was a little skepticle in the begining, but once she steped inside the place, she fell in love with it. We were across the street from the beech and if you are having a stroller be ready to push hard in the sand , because the Siesta Beach sand is super super fine...it almost feels like powder and yes it is white...I have never seen sand like this...Beach toys , chairs etc are also provided by the resort...also plenty of pool toys also...the pool area is very nice and they have gass grills there too which we used and worked perfectly fine...Honestly we did not expect for all these things to be provided for...and next time we will be travelling much lightly to this place...over all Sea Spray Resort ROCKS...and thank you Mr.Bob for yr assistance ..you have a wonderfull facility..will be seeing you come summer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Helix1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hubby & I vacationed there for my b-day back in Sept 2010. I'm finally writing my review, after remembering the name of the resort. I think the owner's name was John, & he was wonderful. He took the extra effort to book me a complimentary spa day for my b-day after being notified of my special day by my husband. Overall, the location is absolutely beautiful, the island is gorgeous, laid back, & the resort is literally a few steps away from the beach, with the most gorgeous water I've ever seen. My husband & I spent 4 wonderful days & nights in bliss, until the second to last day of our departure, a couple of drunk, party girls checked in & decided to make their presence known in the common area around the pool until around 11:30 in the evening.
I wish the resort had a policy on noisey, rowdy vacationers so they don't disturb others, but overall it was a wonderful experience & we are planning a trip back.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Shonya1979
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom (Dolphin) in late November for 4 days. It was roomy, exceptionally clean, very comfortable bed, quiet, had everything you need, and was in a great location across the street from the beautiful beach. I was a little concerned about booking a place without views from the condo, but I got over that quickly. It is an excellent value, and with the beach a short walk away you have plenty of time to see the water. We have stayed on other islands and particularly like Boca Grande but now prefer Siesta Key because of the great number and variety of restaurants, museums, movies, etc in the Sarasota area.

1 Thank Richard E
Florissant, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I booked our one week stay at the Sea Spray after searching many of the other resort websites on the web for Siesta Key. After reading reviews for many resorts on Trip Advisor my husband and I decided to go with Sea Spray. It was the best decision we made. Our unit choice was a 1 bdr (Dolphin) for the entire week of Thanksgiving and it was fantastic! The reviews are all directly on the nose. Our unit was extremely clean, well furnished and very cozy. After a few days, as someone already mentioned it did feel like a home away from home. Location is SUPER! The beach path is just across the road, loved that they provide chairs & unbrella at no charge. And the laundry, washer & dryer facilities at no cost to use was wonderful also. Location was also very nice as being off the main road it was so quiet in the evening for sleeping, no road noise!
The beach was heaven,.. paradise.. call it whatever you like. It was gorgeous! (temps in the 80's all week) As we all seem to agree Bob is very helpful and welcoming and a pleasure to talk with. He'll do his best to make your stay comfortable. From the day I booked over the phone to the day we left his hospitality was fantastic! This was our first visit but not our last as I am sure many other reviewers say or feel the same way. If you are reading this and searching for where you would like to stay while visiting Siesta Key, I can assure you search no further. Sea Spray is a wonderful little abode tucked off the main street, it's a treasure find, a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a taste of paradise. And yes Bob we WILL be back!

Room Tip: We had Dolphin, it was perfect, very close to walk out your door, up to the road and cross to get to...
4 Thank Talula0410
Mountainside, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bdr which was so great for a family of four. First off also is Bob is the nicest and was so polite. So right from the start you have a positive experience just by checking in with Bob.
Place was roomy, kitchen newer, so great because we love to cook and they also have a grill. Bathroom was big-only thing is water pressure was a little weak. Acess to washer and dryer was good.

The best BEST part was walking to paradise in less than 5min. Coming from the NJ area and having 80 degree sunny days was the reason for our getaway and staying here was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank lgsells
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a week in the Starfish suite. It was perfect. Bob, Warren and the staff were so welcoming and anything we asked for was immediately taken care of. The unit itself was clean, spacious and very well equipped - including night lights! The location was ideal, close to the beach and a short walk to the village. The Siesta Key Crystal Classic sand sculpture competition was taking place during our visit and graciously gave us 2 tickets to attend. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and plan to return next year. Thamks for everything you did to make our vacation so enjoyable!
The Grays, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!