“Absolutely Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
The Sea Spray Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I almost don't want to write a review of this place--so it doesn't become overcrowded! We had an absolute wonderful time here. Everything was super clean, the unit was spacious enough, and there were so few people around, it almost seemed like we had the place to ourselves at times. Super quite, peaceful, and since there is no public parking near this part of the beach, the beach was never very crowded. I keep trying to figure a way to get back there later this year!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Tela_D

Reviewed June 29, 2011

My best friend and I just stayed at the Sea Spray last week. The location was perfect! We didn't need a car because everything is in walking distance. The manager, Bob, was so nice and helpful! The room was just the right size for the two of us and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed for cooking. I am super picky about cleanliness and this room was SPOTLESS. We felt right at home and enjoyed the flat screen tvs that are in every room.
The beach is just steps away and because there is no public parking near the resort, our part of the beach was less congested and felt very private. The Sea Spray even had lots of umbrellas, beach chairs, etc. for us to use for free!
We are definitely going back again next summer!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank koshka85
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I spent last weekend in Siesta Key at the Sea Spray resort and LOVED it!! It was right across the street from the the quieter end of Siesta Key Public Beach and a nice stroll to Siesa Key Village. No driving! Perfect! The resort was clean, quiet, and very accomodating. We can't wait to go back!!!!!

3  Thank Carrie382
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband & I stayed there in May 2011. We only had a few days (3) on the east coast to get away (we stayed a few days in orlando before we arrived there) and we loved Siesta Key when we visited last September so we knew that is where we wanted to go. I was worried where we would stay as we had our fur- baby with us and needed a pet friendly room.We stayed at the Tropical Sun last year but their rates had more than tripled from that week in Sept. and they only had one room left so they weren't budging in the price. ( I understand Sept i slow season, but still I was just not expecting that)
Well I read some reviews on here and I booked the trip only about a week in advance. The only rooms available were those with a non-baking oven discount. We figured we would give this place a try and keep our fingers crossed that it was as good as the reviews stated -(we also booked a room for our parents - who loved their room w terrace off the bedroom) Well let me tell you....we were more than pleased! The room was double the size we had on our last trip and Bob was very accomodating. He gave us a quick tour of the property when we arrived and was extremely pet friendly to our dog/baby - This is hard to find at so called "pet friendly "places, we usually have people watching our every move as if out little 9 lbs dog is going to destroy the place.(some people) - So that fact that he was sweet to our pup made us like him & the property instantly. The grounds were perfectly manicured. The lush tropical folliage melted all our NY stresses away the minute we arrived.The pictures on the site do not to justice. You really need to be there to get the full effect.The pool is perfect size, lots of tables & grills in area and a hammock. We stayed in unit 101 which was perfect for us. It was like our very own beach home. So private. We had a front porch w a cute little patio set on it and a back door which lead us straight to another larger patio w a picnic set and grills. The laundry station was outside our room which made it super easy to throw the beach towels in after the day at the beach while cooking on the grill at night.The beach is literally a stones throw away through access 10. Our room was clean & comfortable. The apartment had everything we needed. I would give up everything here in NY just to live in that small one bedroom near the beach, it was perfect. Our little Lola was happy she felt like she was at home. ..we cannot wait to go back again.
I would highly recommend this resort for the cleanliness, the friendliness, and value/location/proximity to stores./bars./restaurants & beach!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KMazz430
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was such a fantastic find!!! After reading all the reviews I had to check it out- my family and I are just returning!! Already planning for next year!!! We live on the east coast of Florida and wanted a quick w-end get away; I had lived in the Sarasota area years ago while doing an internship at a local hospital...now with life, family and work at hand, we needed somewhere close to go and "get away from it all"....this place fit the bill!!! Bob was wonderful and very accomodating.He was friendly and so pleasant. the grounds were gorgeous and the room was immaculate!!! We loved it so much!! The pool was great and the best was that the beach access was only a stone's throw away!!! What can you say about the Gulf?-perfection!!! The SeaSpray is a great place to stay-close enough to the village yet far enough away, tucked in a more residential type area. No need for the islands...Siesta Key fits the bill and this was an awesome place to stay!!!! Thanks Bob!!
-The Licata Family

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank richard619
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We booked Sea Spray because of the reviews online and it definitely lives up to it's standards. The property is well kept and located across the street from the world famous Siesta Key beach. The section of beach is not too close to the public beach so you get quite a bit of solitude.

We had the Manatee room which was a two bedroom, one bath with a private patio. We definitely got our use out of it all. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans, plenty of dishes and glasses. The beds were very comfortable but a bit creaky. The rooms all had DVD players in them and we wished we had brought movies with us:)
The property even offered a free place to wash your laundry(which comes in handy when you are reusing your beach towels often.
There is a clean pool and 2 grills available for cooking.

The resort is located about a half a mile from the Siesta Key Village where you can find tons of restaurants, pubs and ice cream shoppes. There is also a market in case you forgot to bring cooking oil like we did:)
For the price, proximity to beaches and cleanliness, We are all looking forward to our stay again soon!

1  Thank raisinette
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip for Memorial Day weekend, and we're lucky enough to find a room (the only one) available at Sea Spray. We have stayed at other places before that we're alright . It's an absolutely perfect location across from the #1 beach & walking distance to the small town center with bar's, restaurants, etc. And great location is hard to find in Siesta! Great for families, couples, friends and the like! This place is very private, clean, lovely grounds, and very comfy beds! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!!

2  Thank tiff524
#7 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to The Sea Spray Resort? Share your experiences!