Because Trip Advisor was so instrumental in helping me to make my vacation plans, and because the review of this hotel was so spot on, I HAD to write a review for the first time! You will not be disappointed! The hotel is small, but has everything you need. We stayed in a one br to have a wall separating us from our kids. The room is clean, well decorated and nicely furnished. The kitchenette allows you to cook (we didn't want to) and the hotel has a room of beach chairs, pool toys and the 2 washers and dryers to use, for free! The courtyard is beautifully decorated, between the landscaping and the peaceful fountain, the 2 gas grills, the tables with umbrellas to eat at and the chairs and couches to sit and relax. The pool is shared among the 5-7 resorts on the circle where the hotel is, but is a 100 yard walk at most from the room. The beach is maybe another 100 yards and is beautiful! You can rent beach chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and have it all charged to your room. Or you can do like we did and rent a stand up paddleboard from Siesta Key Beach and Kayak and they will deliver it to the entrance of the beach for you to use for the whole day, at the same cost for what renting on the beach would cost you to use for only 4 hours!
About .2 of a mile away, there are restaurants (we didn't eat at any of them), a small grocery store, ice cream and a drug store/post office. It is not central to "downtown" Siesta Key, but is 3 miles away, at most. It is really difficult to park downtown come dinner time, so be aware. Because it is so crowded, and because Sarasota is only 1 mile away, for more great dining options, we did eat over there a few times.
The staff at the hotel is wonderful as well! We dealt with Becky and Emily, but really never had to because we had no issues at all! Stay here, you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capri at Siesta is a charming boutique beach resort located directly on Siesta Key. With only ten guest rooms we are proud to offer our visitors with a unique and intimate vacation experience with a touch of luxury. Here you’ll find friendly staff, well-appointed guest rooms, and a beautiful tropical setting, only 200 steps to the private access to Crescent Beach.The hotel has been newly remodeled and redecorated inside and out to provide you with a superior quality resort. The heated pool has been fully renovated, including new pavers and deck chairs. All of our guest rooms are furnished with comfortable features like large flat screen TVs and premium Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses and full kitchenettes. Because of the special design of our hotel, our courtyard is totally enclosed, creating a private tranquil retreat that is great for couples or groups. Here you can relax under the shade of tropical trees, surrounded by lush landscaping while you enjoy the soothing sounds of water coming from the fountain. New barbecue grilling equipment and ample outdoor seating allow you to dine in an idyllic setting complete with birdsong and gently swaying palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Capri at Siesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capri At Siesta Hotel Siesta Key
- Capri International Siesta Key
- Capri International Hotel
- The Capri At Siesta Siesta Key, Florida