“Best location to stay (advice from a travel agent)”

The Capri at Siesta
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Brussels, Belgium
“Best location to stay (advice from a travel agent)”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Capri is a superb location, great rooms, nice place around the rooms where you can enjoy a barbecue and eat quietly outside. A few meters from the pool and the beautiful beach of Siesta Key and his white sand. The best for ending my review is the service of the personal, they are really great and helpful, I forgot my I phone and they took contact with me and send back my I phone by Fedex (thank you again)

2 Thank chricri77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I came to Siesta Key for a quick beach getaway and of course read many of the reviews here on trip advisor. We decided to give the Capri a shot based on its high reviews and were very impressed with the accommodations and service. We stayed in the junior suite (room 109). The room is not huge but for two of us, it served its purpose. As I sit here in the little dining area looking around the room, I'll describe what is provided.

Upon entering, you are in a single room serving as a living/kitchen/dining room. This room contains a full refrigerator/freezer, sink, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot, flat screen tv, cd/dvd player, futon, and a dining table for four. The adjoining room is the bedroom which contains a queen sized bed, two end tables, dresser, and a flat screen tv. The bathroom is a little tight but is very clean and has a nice walk-in shower. The Capri provides almost everything you need to make you feel at home. The room is equipped with utensils, paper towels, dishes, coffee cups, and pots and pans. Also, there is a "Share Room" which is a community room accessible to all guests. This room contains 2 washers and dryers and cabinets full of stuff you would need (paper towels, bug spray, boogie boards, books,, etc). The front desk also has numerous DVDs that you can borrow.

Customer Service:
Becky and Emily were really nice and bent over backwards to make sure we felt at home. I have never been at a hotel and had this much personal service. They knew it was our anniversary, and left a couple of balloons and a nice note in our room congratulating us. One night we were sitting in the courtyard, and The Mosquitos were a little annoying....Becky brought me a can of mosquito spray.

Beach:
The beach is nice as everyone says......however, it gets a little crowded. You should plan on being on the beach no later 9 am to get a good spot. However, the people there were very polite. There is a guy there that will rent umbrellas and chairs if you are staying at one of the properties on the street. Since we don't live too far away, we brought our own umbrella and chairs to save the expense. However, the guy there drilled a hole in the sand for my umbrella. The one thing I will say is that the hotel is not close to the beach as I would have liked. You can definitely walk to it, but if you have a lot of stuff, it's a chore. To give you a perspective, it's about a good 5 minute walk. Not a big deal, but in worth mentioning in case you are looking for "Beach Front".

All in all, if we return to Siesta Key, I would definitely stay here again. Even though it rained a lot, the room was cozy and the service was excellent. My wife wanted me to add that the courtyard reminded her of Melrose Place by the way the landscaping was manicured, the apartment courtyard feel, and how the people from different rooms would sit outside for an evening drink or cook out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oscar D
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Capri at Siesta is a cute little hotel (only 9 or 10 units) within a few minutes walk to Siesta beach. The room we stayed in was like a mini apartment with kitchen (coffee maker, dishes, stove, oven, microwave, etc.), bath, separate bedroom and fold-out couch & table in the living area. The courtyard just outside each room is beautiful with a relaxing fountain, BBQ grills and comfy patio furniture. They have a great selection of pool/beach toys to borrow while you are staying there as well as washers and dryers. Plus they offer movies you can borrow to watch in your room ... this was a big hit with our 7 year old. There is a community pool that is shared by several properties within Sara Sea Circle ... we only used it once but it's fairly nice. You have assigned parking for 1 car. The property manager Becky was awesome and so helpful. My only wish is that the property were actually on the beach instead of a few blocks away. We had never been to Siesta Key so I wasn't sure how to find a good hotel on the beach so we chose the Capri based on other recommendations. Other than the distance to the beach, we loved everything about the Capri at Siesta and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 103 is the only unit with central air. It's right next to the office so it's very conve...
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My fiance and I took a weekend getaway to Siesta Key and had a great time. Becky was hosting the front desk and was friendly and helpful (The power went out due to a thunderstorm one afternoon and she raced home to get candles and flashlights for everyone!). The room had everything we needed and was super clean and cozy. We enjoyed the outdoor sitting area and the location is perfect walking distance to the beach. The Capri is certainly the nicest place compared to all the others that surround it and made for a perfect stay.

Room Tip: 102 has it's own private porch which is nice if you're a couple.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan S
NYC
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great accommodations on a private road leading to a private beach (Siesta Key)! I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities! Becky, the manager and staff exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for that personal touch! Keep up the good work!!! Luis E. & family

• Stayed July 2013
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Capri for 4th of July. We stayed in room 103 with 2 adults and 2 children. The room was very comfortable and relaxing. The courtyard was amazing. The landscaping was beautiful. The best part of the trip was having Becky to answer all of our questions and go out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. Not enough can be said about how wonderful it was to have a person as friendly as her to welcome us after our 14 hour drive. If we come back to the area, we would definitely stay at the Capri again.

1 Thank LuvFlorida09