We've been visiting Aloha Kai during the month of July for over 20 years. We have a large family and usually rent about 6 to 8 villas. Although our group includes everything from babies to grandparents, we've never stolen or damaged anything and have completely cherished our time there.
Sadly, the new management & it's policies have led us to look for a new place next year. A $300 deposit is now required on top of the rental fee that is due in full at check-in. They have 45 days to return your deposit once you check out & they seem to be using every one of those days before refunding your money. They are also now tacking on an additional $100 cleaning fee - that might be okay if the villas were REALLY cleaned, but they're not. We encountered dirty dishes, filthy carpets and floors, etc. Many of the villas need to be remodeled/repaired - Air conditioning left much to be desired in several units and a few are still sporting their original decor from when the villas were built. Also,some are very poorly stocked with cooking items in the kitchens.
Parking is also a HUGE issue. Although some units clearly have space to park two cars (many have space only for one), the management strictly enforces a one car per villa rule. Apparently a tow truck regularly drives the complex looking for violations. If there was adequate space for overflow in the front, this rule might be okay, but there are not enough spaces to accommodate 2 cars for every 2 bedroom unit. Luckily, the complex was as empty as we'd ever seen it, so we survived without too much parking drama, but if the complex were full, it would be a nightmare. There's no alternative parking nearby.
The new management leaves so much to be desired. Nobody goes on vacation to feel stressed out. It's with a heavy heart that I say stay away from Aloha Kai, there are many other places to stay on this beautiful island that won't leave you feeling harassed and unappreciated as a customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT as of May 1, 2013!!!!68 private villas on one of the best stretches of Siesta Keys famous Crescent Beach. Aloha Kai offers the largest heated pool on Siesta Key with studio, one, 2 and 3 bedroom units available. Most units offer high speed internet free of charge and are updated to the individual owners tastes. Value pricing with exceptional units. We would love to see you on your next Siesta Key vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Aloha Kai Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Kai Vacation Rentals Hotel Siesta Key
- Aloha Kai Vacation Rentals Siesta Key, Florida