Fisherman's Cove
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Siesta Key
See available hotels
View Hotel
Flip Flop Cottages(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
Siesta Key Bungalows(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
Twin Palms of Siesta(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
The Capri at Siesta(Siesta Key)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssouth end of siesta keybeach restorationhear the waveswhite sandsiesta beachblind passturtle nestingbunk roomnext yearthe kitchengreat shellssouthern endthird floorspring traininggulf of mexicopublic beachmanagement company
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I didn't read the reviews until after I had booked our vacation, which was really a mistake. Once I read them, I was still optimistic that it would be okay. We rented through the Fisherman's Cove website and our unit (A111) was not one of the updated condos that we had seen on VRBO. Everything about it was old and not maintained in any way. Our biggest complaints were; the bedroom ceiling fan did not have a pull chain, so it was stuck in the fastest position the entire stay. We told maintenance about it and they offered to come and fix it while we were out, but we weren't comfortable with that. It should have been fixed before we got there. The slider to the lanai was full of sand in the track and was extremely difficult to open and close. The door to the beach patio squeaked terribly. My husband finally went to the office and asked for WD-40 and oiled it and that's all it needed. There were rusted, broken and sand filled beach toys and chairs left outside on the patio that were disgusting. We had to ask someone to come and remove those so that we could sit and relax on the patio. Come on, Fisherman's Cove.....fix this place! It could be a very nice condo.

About the beach; YUK is a word to describe it. They brag about how they trucked in sand and rebuilt the beach. Well, they should have trucked in white sand and not the pea gravel that they have used. The sand that is right outside of the condo is probably the original white, shell filled sand and it was very nice. The beach sand was like quicksand. You couldn't even go for a walk on it because it never packed down, even along the water's edge. It wouldn't pack for sand castles. I have been to many beaches in Florida, and this was the ugliest. We went to the real Siesta Key Beach twice and it was beautiful. Crowded, yes, but I would take people over gross sand any day. I will never return to Turtle Beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jojo1054
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Rented a totalof 2 condos at Fishman's Cove over Spring Break. I would recommend unit 203B. Before renting be sure to review pics of the unit as some are very outdated. 203 was great...the other not so much.

Pros: Right on the beach...so convenient!
Canal for fishing and boating directly behind condo facility.
Very quiet location. Perfect for families with young children
Great area for shelling
Friendly office staff
Siesta Key is a fantastic destination!

Cons: If you are looking for nightlife within walking distance then this is not the location for you. This is a quiet area. Need to drive a few min for restaurants and shops. Not a problem for us but thought I would mention.
Pool was on the small side.
Be careful of the unit you are renting. Not all units have been updated.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lambertbunch
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I should start by saying that the particular unit my family stayed in was managed by Sunnyside Properties (I believe other units may be managed by other companies). Our third floor 3/2 was absolutely perfect. Professionally decorated with excellent amenities including a Nintendo Wii, beach chairs/mats, and plenty of board games. The bed my wife and I shared was incredibly comfortable, and the shower had two heads. Very beautiful property that was perfect for our stay.

FC is a bit further down the road from the main part of Siesta Key. We loved this because it was quiet where we were and had a secluded feeling. You don't get the white beaches here as they don't truck the sand in that far, but our beach was great, and only about 30-yard from the property.

Pool was heated, grounds were well taken care of. Property was a very short drive from restaurants and activities. We usually visit a different place each year, but I think we'll be coming back here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Murdoughnut
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The outside of the condos and the pool had recently been updated. ..all the units had gulf views.....the only glitch was that you drove through a public beach...We enjoyed our stay there....

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is my third year visiting Siesta Key. FC is located on Turtle Beach, south of Siesta Key. Sure, the location is great, the price was affordable (considering the growing popularity of this area) and the beach is just about as private as they come BUT I will not stay at FC again.
The condo was not even close to being clean, I spent 3-4 hours cleaning (scrubbing bath tubs and sinks, vaccuuming carpets, mopping tiled areas, wiping down everything in the kitchen with Clorox wipes, wiping sand off of the furniture and spraying all surfaces with Lysol) when I first arrived. I'm not OCD about cleanliness, don't get me wrong, but when I spend over $1,000 to stay somewhere I at least expect it to be decently clean--it turned out to be quite the opposite. The good news was that previous renters (I assume) had left some sponges and cleaning supplies so I didn't have to go out to buy too much to get all this done. Since I arrived on a Saturday and the office is closed all weekend, there was basically no point in complaining since I'd already cleaned everything myself. So, the cleanliness aspect was very disappointing for me.
The king bed was horribly uncomfortable and it was painfully obvious that a new mattress/boxspring was needed. One of us ended up sleeping on the couch and the other in the recliner chair each night if that tells you anything...
With that being said, there are alot of good qualities to FC. Free parking and the area is very quiet as other reviews have mentioned. Very easy access to Publix and other shopping places (if you have a rental car) as well as restaurants. Turtles Pub and Turtles Restaurant are basically across the street and are two convenient, affordable, and tasty places to eat. Condo is right on the beach and every room is oceanfront. The beach area is not crowded and the water is unbelievable. I will still say "yes" to recommending FC to others b/c despite our bad experience with the cleanliness and sleeping comfort, our basic needs were met and we had a great vacation overall.
FYI--The sand on Turtle Beach is NOT the cool, white, powdery substance that Siesta Key is famous for, instead it is very shelly and gray. However, it doesn't make that much of a difference except for aesthetic appeal in photographs, etc. Just wear flip flops so you don't burn your feet!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends