“Best Yellow Fin Tuna”

Ophelia's on the Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's on the Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stickney Point Road
Description: Ophelia's on the Bay is one of Sarasota's premier fine dining waterfront restaurants. Enjoy beautiful vistas of Little Sarasota Bay, from the floor-to-ceiling windows that line the dining room. Or join us for al fresco dining on our open-air patio, as the dolphins and manatee swim by. Winner of many awards both locally and nationally, including an Excellence rating from Zagat as well as being listed as the number one restaurant in America in Power and Motoryacht Magazine for dock and dine. Ophelia's on the Bay has also been voted most romantic, best waterfront and best restaurant with a view by its loyal customers. The menu changes nightly using fresh and seasonal ingredients, fresh fish flown in from all over the world and specialty meats. There is certainly something for every palate! We feature an extensive wine list, specialty martinis, as well as a full bar. Family owned and operated for over 27 years, we have an experienced staff that prides itself on exemplary service.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place is on Midnight Pass and relatively close to Turtle Beach. The atmoshere was great as it sits right on the water. Valet Parking made it easy. Make reservations as it gets a bit crowded as it is so well known. The Yellow Fin was flown in from the H Islands and was buttery smooth and tender. The wine list was diversified. Wait staff was very attentive and the meal, although pricey was one of the best I've had in the Sarasota area. Plan on speding some time there as the views are great and the place is relaxing.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I made reservations to have Sunday brunch for my mother's 85th birthday. It was the worst brunch buffet I have ever been to and here's why. I got that sinking feeling upon entering the restaurant and finding people standing in gridlock due to the chaotic traffic flow coming from four directions. That feeling deepened as we entered the dining room to find it crammed with so many tables that it was difficult to walk through. I thought the promised jazz would smooth the atmosphere but it seems the lone musician was more interested in talking to people next to him then playing. The buffet itself was a disappointment. We arrived one hour before closing and they were already out of 5 items. The food on the buffet looked cheap; lettuce leaves with croutons was the salad offering. Not a vegetable in sight anywhere. The cheese blintzes were very good. Too bad they couldn't spring for another jar of jam to replenish the empty bowl. We had to ask for plates and bowls as there were none available. The rest of the food items were bland and unappetizing. A disgrace at $25pp. The dessert buffet was pitiful with offerings of apple danish you'd get from a vending machine and pies you'd get from your grocery store except not as good. The final blow came with the bill. We discovered after leaving that the $10 coupon was vastly negated by the 21% gratuity added (including tip on tax) for a table of four when the coupon was for two. The service given was a glass of water and a delayed cleaning of plates. The saddest part of all this was that my mother's 85th birthday celebration was ruined. Shame on them for putting out a lousy product and then scamming us with a "coupon". Never again.

8  Thank linda s
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there for dinner a few weeks ago and enjoyed every minute of it. We were a few minutes late for our reservation but got a table about 10 minutes after we arivied. The drinks were made very well. I got the king salmon. It had an amazing taste and was worth the price. My boyfriend got the shrimp scampi. Also another great dish. The staff was all very friendly and got us what we needed quickly. Our server, Bobby was very helpful and answers all our questions about the food. We plan on going there again soon :)

1  Thank Bbrackin89
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is incredible. The food, the wine, the Bay. Try to reserve a take outside on the water. It is so relaxing & a work class view. Their seafood is the best I've had anywhere. Can't miss this one.

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've been to Ophelia's twice now. Today I enjoyed the Sunday brunch. The food was plentiful, managed very well on the buffet line, and well-prepared. I think the $25 for all you can eat (breakfast and lunch choices, including crab legs, shrimp, salmon, prime rib, ham, and many other choices) plus a mimosa or bloody Mary is entirely reasonable. Our reservations were for 11:15 and we didn't leave until around 1:45, so there was no pressure for us to rush. Our server was very attentive. I don't recommend outdoor seating -- if it rains, you'll get wet.

It was not a perfect dining experience, however. The prime rib was nearly raw. The air conditioning vent right next to our table was filthy with dust, and the room became uncomfortably crowded after 1pm. I know it's Florida, and people tend to wear whatever, but I tend to expect diners at a setting like this to dress up at least a bit. Alas, there were lots of shorts, jeans, and other casual outfits. Not a deal-breaker, though.