“It's closed for now, but...”
Review of The Broken Egg - CLOSED

The Broken Egg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Traverse City, Michigan
“It's closed for now, but...”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was one of my favorite places for breakfast. When it reopens (as Another Broken Egg), I'll give it a try. If the new ownership does the name proud, I'll be able to keep on recommending it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JWrites

Indianapolis, Indiana
“The Broken Egg Is No More”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attempted to find this restaurant for our first vacatin breakfast without success. Found out here's why.
This a line out of the Siesta Key News Round Up from the December 2013 Siesta Sand local news rag. The headline stated "Broken Egg Broken Up".
The owners sold their interest in the 3-shop chain. The Clark Road store will keep the name and recipes and not be affiliated with the chain. In Siesta Key, a large chain breakfast store called Another Broken Egg will open in February 2014.
Sorry for the review rating. It was the only way to get this current info posted.

Mokena, Illinois
“Make it "The Greasy Spoon"”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Reading the reviews, I was thinking my husband and I would be able to have a good, old Chicago-style breakfast. Service was mediocre. My husband's breakfast was "OK" as he would put it. I had some kind of scramble which was overloaded with onions and grease.
Between the onions, grease, and service, I would have to rate it between 2 and 3 stars.

• Visited November 2013
Spring Arbor
“Food was Ok”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate here during our stay in Siesta Key and I was disappointed. The food was just ok. The service was not that good and we had dirty glasses and silverware. I was a little put off by watching the cook go to the restroom and then returning to the grill. I know they have to go too. I just don't want to see it.

• Visited October 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
“OMPancake”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a lovely little restaurant right off of Ocean Blvd. We had to wait briefly for a table for brunch, but they had a coffee pot set out for us to help ourselves while we waited. We sat out on the patio which was nice and cool. The breakfast was very good, and the pancake was massive!! Yep, it filled up the entire plate! My hubby and I were able to stuff ourselves just by sharing one. Delicious. (However, I would probably recommend running down the road to get sweet potato pancakes from Sun Garden Café if you had to choose! Wow.)

• Visited June 2013