“Puzzled as to its Popularity”
Review of The Broken Egg - CLOSED

The Broken Egg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Kalamazoo
“Puzzled as to its Popularity”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We hadn't been to the Broken Egg for Breakfast for a few years and decided to try it after a long walk on the beach. Because it was a cool day, the 12 or so indoor tables were filled when we arrived at 8 a.m., so we elected to eat on the protected porch area rather than wait. Our first clue that this restaurant might not meet our standards were the dirty menus we were handed. Because they were plasticized they could easily be wiped clean. The coffee mugs are too heavy for some of us to lift. Two of us shared a vegetarian omelet that came with potatoes or fruit. When we found out the potatoes were prepared with cream and cheese we switched to fruit. The fruit was the cut up frozen variety that was past its prime. We left most of it. The omelet was greasy. We were amazed at the crowd this restaurant attracts with its overpriced and unhealthy
breakfasts. To be fair, the restaurant has a large menu with pancakes, blintzes, crepes, french toast and egg white omelets. We may have just hit a bad day. On weekends the lines are long as is the wait for a table. For right now there are other places on Siesta Key that we prefer.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank joloa

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Worth Trying”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you're driving through the village, I would probably recommend trying out this place. I work on the key, and decided to try a different breakfast place, other than the one I work. I had the traditional Eggs Benedict, and I practically licked my plate. The coffee was just okay, but I can be more critical than others about that. The only con I would have about this place, is the atmosphere. I feel as if I'm in an elementary school library, it turns me off a bit; suppose the food makes up for that though.

• Visited February 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Poor drinks, food is just ok”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

the place was very busy but the food wasn't even good ! The mimosas were very watery and the service was unfriendly and rude

Visited February 2013
2 Thank DUANE R
Carmel, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exercise on the way to Breakfast/Brunch”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Popular old favorite for breakfast/lunch on the key. Enjoy beautiful Siesta Key beach for a brisk walk or run into the village for breakfast . Outside dining, good food. Eggs Benedict...yummy

• Visited November 2012
Manlius, New York
“Yummy breakfast.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of our regular places when we're in Siesta Key and it seems like we always get the same (very good, very nice) server who is also from New York. Our kids order pancakes and love that they are served with a face made of fruit and whipped cream. I'm a fan of the fiesta skillet. Food is delicious and well-priced, service is prompt and professional. Definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013