“Great spot for terrific cocktails & sincere service”
Review of Blase Cafe

Blase Cafe
Ranked #25 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Many have observed that Siesta Key's handful of bars and restaurants are tourist traps. I don't disagree, but would argue that there are probably two tiers of service... Locals or seasonal residents are likely recognized and given great service, whereas tourists or short stay visitors are given shoddy service since they're not likely to return.

The Blase Cafe is certainly an exception. Staff (in particular Rachel) took time to get to know myself and the friend I was traveling with, and Rachel not only recognized us when we returned, but remembered our preferred cocktails - on a busy Friday night!

Both Rachel and her counterpart (who was working Tuesday but whose name I've forgotten - Amy perhaps?) were great ambassadors - not just for the Blase Cafe, but Siesta Key - giving us lots of suggestions of things to do and where to go. Their warmth and sincerity ensured that we visited this establishment each time we were out in the village - and although we tried out many of the other places - this was by far our favourite.

The band on Friday night was terrific - great musicians who must have a substantial repertoire since they indulged my requests for both the Rolling Stones and the Guess Who! The crowd was primarily 40 and upwards - though we (in our mid-30's) didn't feel out of place at all.

Definitely check out this gem of a place - though I can't speak to the food the cocktails were terrific - made with care, and delivered with sincere, excellent service.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've eaten the Fettuccine Alfredo which is:
Fettuccine pasta simmered in a parmesan cream sauce
And I added some chicken to it because I was affraid the pasta was not gonna be tasty and I was really hungry at that moment.
The sauce tasted like some chemical stuff. The only positive thing I can say about was the pasta being boiled properly. But the entire taste of a pasta depends mostly on the sauce. My girlfriend took some other pasta and she also barely ate from it. We are 30 and 31 years old the moment of writing and we were by far the youngest people over there. Most people were also drunk, which I personally think is ok for a bar, but at 9:15pm ?????
In short: food is not eatable, average age over there is 48 years old, people are drunk.

5  Thank Windjuh
blasecafe, Manager at Blase Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Sir;
We resent your description of our alfredo sauce which is one of our best sellers and for a reason. We discussed your experience with your server and you did not bring anything to her attention and most of you ate most of your pasta. Just to clarify that our sauces are made from scratch and do not contain ingredients that would taste like chemicals. Maybe you had a bad taste in your mouth or has been chewing gum. As for the drunken state of some of the patrons, you were out on a Friday night in a vacation destination during the busy season, for the sake of all the businesses in the village I hope people were having a good time. Also, I am not sure why your age or the other patron's ages matter, we strive to make sure people of all ages have a good time in our establishment.

Management

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Balse Cafe works to earn your business. Rami is alwaysready to accomodate a dietary need or happy hour adjustment. One must remember it is not a fast food restaurant but a fantastic food restaurant. Never had a bad time in this establishment!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love Blase Cafe. They make a great martini, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. Love the big sun on the wall.

Did I mention they make a great martini? I did? Why are you still reading this?

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped in with my girl. Delightfully surprised. Nice ambiance, soft jazz and great big martinis!

Cool place for adults to relax and have a sophisticated drink.