“A fun key place”

Blase Cafe
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A fun key place”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I love this place there specials are always the best choice to go with

Parkland, Florida
“Try it for the Drinks”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

So the food is not notable, I agree with other reviewers. Who buys rice on a Florida island? But the drinks are reasonable and pretty good. So enjoy yourself... Hey, if you are three sheets to the wind... maybe the food tastes better, eh?

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank joebx
vancouver BC
“A paradox”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I don't know what to say about this place. A previous reviewer nailed it writing "They should consider converting entirely to a martini or tapas bar." The service is welcoming, cheerful and efficient. The menu has some nice items and the ones we had were fine. Not exceptional but fine. Prices are reasonable.

But ... the martini glasses are plastic, the "top-shelf wines" are not listed in writing but the very few they offer recited by the waitress (who serves up a very nice house wine I should note), the decor is pretty run down - small tables - ours in a corner next to a bamboo divider between us and the bathroom. And the bathroom line up...

What to call this place? I guess a cheerful well run bar that the locals clearly enjoy that comes with food service. I'm not being negative - just puzzled.

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank pcryan5
Pittsburgh
“Very good value”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I was drawn in by a sign board advertising a brie and mushroom bisque, which turned out to be "lick the bowl" delicious. I also had good grilled grouper with pineapple salsa. My husband had a creamy fettucine with chicken and vegetables and if we return, I'm having that. We split the dessert, which was key lime triffle, made with macaroons. Really, really good food for a special of $15.99 per person, including a glass of wine.
Wait staff was friendly and fun.

Michigan
“Loud obnoxious man at the bar scared us away!”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My husband & I were visiting Siesta Key the first week in December. We saved this restaurant for our last night in Florida because we wanted it to be special. It was anything but special.

When we walked in, we were 'barely' greeted. I'm not sure if the hostess was in a bad mood, or disappointed that she had to seat customers 1 1/2 hours before the time the restaurant was to close. There were people seated at the bar, but only one other table in the restaurant area was occupied.

While trying to review the menu, it was very distracting. There was a "loud mouth" seated at the bar having a "discussion" with another customer who was seated several chairs away from him. I thought he might quiet down, but he didn't. The other couple at the table near us noticed it, too. The man at the bar was so loud! I won't bother to type the details of his conversation other than to say his comments were very inappropriate and degrading to women. I was astonished that the waitress did not say anything to him, although she clearly heard him because she rolled her eyes at me when she walked past him. This was supposed to be (or so I thought) a nice restaurant, not some trashy bar, so I expeced much more.

The menu was a bit pricey, however I wouldn't have minded if I was able to enjoy a quiet dinner with my husband, but I could see that was not going to happen, so we chose to leave. There are other restaurants to enjoy a quiet dinner --- I wouldn't bother stopping at this one.

4 Thank Harley7733
blasecafe, General Manager at Blase Cafe, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
We are very sorry you had less than good experience with us, we do appreciate your business but on the other hand after reading your review we noticed that your main complaint is about a customer not about the establishment to be more precise. As well as you know we're located in the heart of siesta village which is crowded by tourist and locals. we do appreciate you coming back and giving us another chance but just incase something like that happen the right course of action is to talk to the bartender or the staff about any inconvenience behavior, so we can fix it right away instead of reading about it online, and we do take reservations for dinner that would also had help locating you in one of our two dinning rooms which wouldn't probably been a problem like i said if you shared your concerns with us.