“Tropical Shaores Beach Resort - Siesta Key”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Just returned from a great holiday In Siesta Key. Stayed 5 nights at Tropical Shores (SaraSea Circle Siesta Key)

Stayed in a room with own Sundeck and Kitchen & made use of both. The grounds have BBQ's available & it was great to cook out & dine on our own deck. Room was clean & nicely decorated (tropical theme) Bed was comfortable & housekeeping prompt & efficient. Kitchen was full equiped and it was nice to be able to make picnic lunches for the beach & prep for BBQ's

The Resort:
Pool was never crowded & water was great
The maintaince of the grounds & pool was excellent. There is real attention to detail.
The front desk were very welcoming & helpful - The are truly please to see you & will assist you in any way they can. (There is also free coffee available in reception)
Whilst not 'on' the beach, it is only a very short walk away with no roads to cross. The beach was fantastic (as always) The sand at Siesta key is amazing. We found some great shells
Many people take beachchairs & a drink down to the beach each night just before sunset - The sunset times are available in reception and it was worth the effort each night.
This is a great place to relax if you are looking for a low key holiday.

There is a 7 11 within walking distance (but you are probably best popping to Publix for supplies) as well as a few restaurants such as Capatian Curts (was OK but would not rush back)
If you have a car dont miss Phillipi Creek Restataurant (Casual but fun), The Sarasota Farmers market (every saturday) & Frozen Custard at Sweetberries -(on Clark road over the causeway) and a trip to Myakka state park

This was our 2nd visit to Tropical shores & we will be back

7  Thank ljn_uk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,665)

Reviewed May 11, 2007

We returned last week from a four-day stay at Tropical Sun Resort. We had a king bed efficiency room, and it was very comfortable, with a small but well-equipped kitchen, a small dressing area, and a tiny, but fairly nice bathroom. The shower was great! Plenty of hot water, and really good water pressure, which is important to us. The room was clean, with fresh towels provided daily. The pool is very nice, and the walk to the beach is lovely, with lots of tropical foliage everywhere. The beach had a lot of seaweed when we were there, but my daughter and her husband have spent many vacations at this beach, and she says they have never had the seaweed problem, so I assume it was just nature! The price was reasonable, staff was friendly, and we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2007

Just got back from Tropical Sun a few days ago. It was so beautiful!! The beach was so beautiful! Clear water and the sand was so white and soft!! The room was so clean!!!!! So bright and sunny. The bathroom was on the small side, but we were okay with it. The ocean water was a bit cool for me. It was so tropical there. We also go to Saint Petersburg beach too which is nice, but not as nice as Tropical Sun. I was going back and forth on this web site making sure I made the right choice and I did!!!! You will be happy with Tropical Sun!

Marie

4  Thank sunflr
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Just got back on 4/16/07. From the website, one is to believe the beach is close by. Not so. It is quite a haul, but at least you don't have to cross the street. The room was worn and dirty feeling, not at all like the photos. The shower was dirty. Paint was peeling badly in the bathroom and the shower. The blankets were ragged and the sheets were stained. The old window air conditioning was extremely loud. Our room (king effiency) was very tiny, not what you would expect from a resort. I thought it was highly overpriced. I had to call the office twice to have my room cleaned even though the sign was out to have it serviced. The gentlemen that checked us in was extremely curt and seemed bothered that he was having to work. My teenager daughters inquired about beach towels at the front desk and were lectured about it and told to go to the pool to get some, yet the pool bin was empty when they checked. I will say there were a few positive aspects: good high-speed internet access, a couple of staff were nice, and the grounds were pretty. Will not stay again. The comfort inn or holiday inn would be a much, much better value, and cleaner.

5  Thank eastnc
Reviewed April 13, 2007

I have to say I just loved Tropical Shores Resort. I lived in the Sarasota area for 10 years, and knew I needed to stay on the key to avoid the public parking during spring break week. This place was wonderful, and the grounds are well kept . The rooms were very clean. The bathrooms are a bit on the small size, with limited outlets, but even with a teenage daughter we managed fine. The pool was very warm, and it was never over crowded. It was a nice refreshing swim after the beach.The walk to the beach is short, and you must see the sunsets if you stay here. I will defintely be back, as it is the most beautiful place to visit.

1  Thank hockeymom95
Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband and I stayed for six nights at Tropical Sun. Everything was adequate, the bed was comfortable,the pool was fine, the beach was pretty. The room was small and cramped. the weather was so nice and hot we felt as though we needed to retreat to the air conditioned room to escape the intense sun and wished our room was just a bit nicer, or that we had a nice area to sit in the shade outside our room. As the other reviewers said, it is a great place to bring children and there were plenty of kids running all over the beach and pool. We were traveling alone; I would not recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2007

My wife,27 month old and I stayed at Tropical Shores for 2 nights in March. The location was great. A nice walk to a few ammenities including a small grocery store and a nice little ice cream store. The beach is all that it has been made out to be and more. Best beach I have ever been to! The hotel staff is just wonderful and helpful and the rooms where nice and clean. We stayed in a studio efficiency. It had everything you needed for cooking except for dish soap. Yes their is a short walk to the beach. The area is very peaceful. I would go again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!