Great location to the beach, great staff. It was nice to have towels and chairs available to take to the beach; just have to make sure that you sign them out and back in. If you want lounge chairs and umbrellas, they have to be rented, charged to your room - we found out $20 for a full day and $12 for a half day; found at the beach. They were very accommodating in splitting the charges between 2 credit cards. We were surprised to find a bottle of wine and glasses chilling in the fridge when we arrived - from the staff acknowledging our girls' getaway! That was so nice thoughtful. Having said all that, the room itself was definitely older with some cosmetic updates but wasn't set up very well, I don't think. The double beds were set up with one side of each bed up against a wall. If there had been 4 of us, one of us would have been crawling out of the bed, disturbing the other one, if she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night - also, the one bed was blocking the bathroom access by about 6-8 inches. The bathroom itself was pretty clean but again just old - be careful when you take a shower - it seems taking a shower at night was the best time otherwise you dealt with very hot water with a good shot of freezing cold water you never knew when! The closet was very small - couldn't hang a pair of pants full length or a dress because some of it would lay on top of a shelf. The kitchen was adequate but the sink was set up rather inconveniently -it was back in the right hand corner of the kitchen lengthwise with a short counter top between it and the fridge. There was a bit bigger counter between the sink and the oven.In order to turn the cold water on, you had to reach towards the back of the sink and it was very awkward to try and wash dishes. The fridge was a full apt size as well as the stove/oven. No dishwasher but they did provide dishwashing soap and also coffee and filters for coffee making, I would stay again but I would like to see another room arrangement, if there is one, in a Deluxe Efficiency. Not sure it was really worth the rate - but it was high season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our world where relaxation meets paradise at our Siesta Key Hotel. It is here at Tropical Beach Resorts in Sarasota Florida, where the setting sun meets the gentle rhythm of the sea. Siesta Key is where you will experience the best of all worlds… vacation fun, natural beauty, choice of activities and so much more… Proudly rated the #1 Beach in the USA, this stretch of the most beautiful powdery- white beach is just the beginning of what this natural gem on the west coast of Florida has to offer. It is home for us … and will be paradise for YOU! Just imagine walking on a pure white beach, while savoring spectacular sunsets over the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico or just strolling through the quaint village of Siesta Key with its lively atmosphere and friendly people… you will experience it all! Siesta Key is home to exquisite fauna and flora offering a collage of breath-taking colors and exotic wildlife. Whether you are looking for single solitude, a romantic get-away for two or family fun in the sun, Tropical Beach Resorts provides the perfect fit with beautiful hotel rooms and suites! The variety of room types offers a choice to fit your style and your budget. From stylish smaller floor plans for singles or that romantic getaway for two to spacious one- or two-bedroom units, perfect for the whole family to enjoy, we can accommodate you. All units offer a colorful garden view with the nearby pool area and the beach only a short walk away. We take great pride in our attention to detail, personal service and exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and customer satisfaction. Our hotel is conveniently located directly on Siesta Key (Sarasota, FL) and within immediate walking distance to our private beach access to Crescent Beach where you can meet some of Florida’s natives: dolphins, manatees, pelicans, sandpipers, sea creatures and seagulls galore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida