Stayed here for a few days, and here are some are thoughts.. To be honest I am wondering about who wrote the stellar reviews, marveling about the gardens, nature, beauty, etc..
A. Room is tiny, the tiniest we ever stayed at within any "resort". After putting our suitcases down we were stepping over them for a few days and ended up just placing them on the couch.
B. Lush gardens? The room faces the parking lot. You take a few steps and you are in the street. For people who have been to other resorts, they would not consider these to be "lush gardens"
C. I would not mind if the resort just said " Small motel with small rooms, close to the beach" I still might have stayed there if the price was right. I am starting to wonder who wrote all of these reviews?
D. This part annoys me.. We go to the empty beach (due to the cooler weather), and it is filled with 50 empty lawn chairs. 2 guys are sitting there and watching you to make sure you do not sit on them without paying. So we just sat in the sand next to the empty chairs.... With the cooler weather , we weren't going to sit at the beach for hours, so it is just silly to have chairs there and charge people to sit for a few minutes. Would make more sense not to have chairs there, or have them be a complimentary part of the resort. When you enter the beach there are 2 signs.. if you stay at hotel X, the chairs are complimentary. If you stay at this resort, you must pay a fee. just gives you a bit of an irritated feeling.
E. This part of the beach is not nearly as nice as the pubic beach. It is narrow, filled with shells, and empty.
F. One more thing.. Now this is not the hotels fault, but if you are looking to get away, and want to get some sun, make sure you also check wind in the forecast as well. It might be 75-80, but with the wind it feels like 50 and you will need a jacket/sweater/pants at the beach.. Just quite a bit different from Mexico, where 75-80 means warm water, a warm breeze, and perfect t shirt weather.
G. To be fair the area was safe, and our room was cleaned daily. Not as much nearby as the downtown section of Siesta key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our world where relaxation meets paradise at our Siesta Key Hotel. It is here at Tropical Beach Resorts in Sarasota Florida, where the setting sun meets the gentle rhythm of the sea. Siesta Key is where you will experience the best of all worlds… vacation fun, natural beauty, choice of activities and so much more… Proudly rated the #1 Beach in the USA, this stretch of the most beautiful powdery- white beach is just the beginning of what this natural gem on the west coast of Florida has to offer. It is home for us … and will be paradise for YOU! Just imagine walking on a pure white beach, while savoring spectacular sunsets over the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico or just strolling through the quaint village of Siesta Key with its lively atmosphere and friendly people… you will experience it all! Siesta Key is home to exquisite fauna and flora offering a collage of breath-taking colors and exotic wildlife. Whether you are looking for single solitude, a romantic get-away for two or family fun in the sun, Tropical Beach Resorts provides the perfect fit with beautiful hotel rooms and suites! The variety of room types offers a choice to fit your style and your budget. From stylish smaller floor plans for singles or that romantic getaway for two to spacious one- or two-bedroom units, perfect for the whole family to enjoy, we can accommodate you. All units offer a colorful garden view with the nearby pool area and the beach only a short walk away. We take great pride in our attention to detail, personal service and exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and customer satisfaction. Our hotel is conveniently located directly on Siesta Key (Sarasota, FL) and within immediate walking distance to our private beach access to Crescent Beach where you can meet some of Florida’s natives: dolphins, manatees, pelicans, sandpipers, sea creatures and seagulls galore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida