Went on a whim to siesta key based on a couple of friends recommendations. We had never been to the gulf side before and were skeptical. We always have gone to Miami where it's young and lively. But with our toddler we wanted to go somewhere low key. Found this rental property on tripadvisor. And it was great. Flew in to tampa and it was an easy straight drive to siesta key. They let us check in early. Parked in front of our room. There was a pool in front. The room was so cute w a little kitchenette, a sofa, a large king bed. It was so cozy. We dropped our stuff off and went straight to the beach. They supplied towels, beach chairs, and sand toys for our toddler. The beach was a 2 minute walk and we were the farthest property fr the beach and still THAT close and convenient. There was a private seating area w reasonable lounge chair and umbrella rentals ($12 for 1/2 day incl 2 loungers and umbrella). And we enjoyed a quiet afternoon on the beach. I was immediately relaxed as my super-dad of a husband played w our daughter in the water. The sand was cool, the water was cool but not cold, and there was a pleasant breeze. It was great! It was hard to leave. We cooked breakfast in our room. Had to drive 1.5 miles to get the necessities but it felt like home. We enjoyed 3 nights and 4 days there. On our last day our flight wasn't until late in the afternoon but check out was at 10. I thought that was a bit early but they let us stay until noon. And even as noon approached, they said we didn't have to rush out of there. That was so nice of them. I guess they didn't have tons of people checking in immediately and it was sooooo nice of them. We appreciated it. I told my husband we should come back every year. It was great. Especially the private beach. We spent one morning on the public beach. It was nice and a 5 minute drive away but too crowded. But there wasn't much else to do on the key. Not many great restaurants except at Clayton's grill. But otherwise, there were cheesy tiki bars, fake Mexican food joints that we didn't care for. In Miami they have a lot more food choices. They have lots of walking and people watching and shopping. I'd appreciate a little bit more of that in siesta key. But this rental property was amazing esp the customer service and convenience. Thanks!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our world where relaxation meets paradise at our Siesta Key Hotel. It is here at Tropical Beach Resorts in Sarasota Florida, where the setting sun meets the gentle rhythm of the sea. Siesta Key is where you will experience the best of all worlds… vacation fun, natural beauty, choice of activities and so much more… Proudly rated the #1 Beach in the USA, this stretch of the most beautiful powdery- white beach is just the beginning of what this natural gem on the west coast of Florida has to offer. It is home for us … and will be paradise for YOU! Just imagine walking on a pure white beach, while savoring spectacular sunsets over the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico or just strolling through the quaint village of Siesta Key with its lively atmosphere and friendly people… you will experience it all! Siesta Key is home to exquisite fauna and flora offering a collage of breath-taking colors and exotic wildlife. Whether you are looking for single solitude, a romantic get-away for two or family fun in the sun, Tropical Beach Resorts provides the perfect fit with beautiful hotel rooms and suites! The variety of room types offers a choice to fit your style and your budget. From stylish smaller floor plans for singles or that romantic getaway for two to spacious one- or two-bedroom units, perfect for the whole family to enjoy, we can accommodate you. All units offer a colorful garden view with the nearby pool area and the beach only a short walk away. We take great pride in our attention to detail, personal service and exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and customer satisfaction. Our hotel is conveniently located directly on Siesta Key (Sarasota, FL) and within immediate walking distance to our private beach access to Crescent Beach where you can meet some of Florida’s natives: dolphins, manatees, pelicans, sandpipers, sea creatures and seagulls galore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida