Went on a whim to siesta key based on a couple of friends recommendations. We had never been to the gulf side before and were skeptical. We always have gone to Miami where it's young and lively. But with our toddler we wanted to go somewhere low key. Found this rental property on tripadvisor. And it was great. Flew in to tampa and it was an easy straight drive to siesta key. They let us check in early. Parked in front of our room. There was a pool in front. The room was so cute w a little kitchenette, a sofa, a large king bed. It was so cozy. We dropped our stuff off and went straight to the beach. They supplied towels, beach chairs, and sand toys for our toddler. The beach was a 2 minute walk and we were the farthest property fr the beach and still THAT close and convenient. There was a private seating area w reasonable lounge chair and umbrella rentals ($12 for 1/2 day incl 2 loungers and umbrella). And we enjoyed a quiet afternoon on the beach. I was immediately relaxed as my super-dad of a husband played w our daughter in the water. The sand was cool, the water was cool but not cold, and there was a pleasant breeze. It was great! It was hard to leave. We cooked breakfast in our room. Had to drive 1.5 miles to get the necessities but it felt like home. We enjoyed 3 nights and 4 days there. On our last day our flight wasn't until late in the afternoon but check out was at 10. I thought that was a bit early but they let us stay until noon. And even as noon approached, they said we didn't have to rush out of there. That was so nice of them. I guess they didn't have tons of people checking in immediately and it was sooooo nice of them. We appreciated it. I told my husband we should come back every year. It was great. Especially the private beach. We spent one morning on the public beach. It was nice and a 5 minute drive away but too crowded. But there wasn't much else to do on the key. Not many great restaurants except at Clayton's grill. But otherwise, there were cheesy tiki bars, fake Mexican food joints that we didn't care for. In Miami they have a lot more food choices. They have lots of walking and people watching and shopping. I'd appreciate a little bit more of that in siesta key. But this rental property was amazing esp the customer service and convenience. Thanks!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Beach Resorts is one of the premiere Siesta Key hotels where you can enjoy your vacation at the #1 beach in the USA! Gently rolling waves, sun-drenched sand and spectacular sunsets... This is paradise, and it's called Siesta Key. T's truly the land of flowers and they bloom in a rainbow of colors. Home to exotic sea creatures, a lively village of friendly folks and some of the world's top-rated beaches, Siesta Key boasts Tropical Beach Resorts: a comfortable, yet stylish collection of properties just a short walk from Siesta's shores. The rooms at Tropical Beach Resorts are white-glove clean, feature 32" flat screen TVs and either double, queen or king-sized beds with fluffy white duvets. Most include a sleeper sofa and fully appointed kitchens. While none of the units overlook the gulf, they each offer a colorful garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida