“Great Getaway”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Denver, Colorado
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very well run resort. they have thought of everything a beach goer needs, from chairs, towels, great lounge and umbrella rentals, and an outdoor shower to rinse the sand off. The fabulous gulf is a pleasant one-minute walk from your digs. The rooms are clean, well-thought out, and the kitchen is well stocked with utensils. Overall, it is hard to think of anything they could improve.

Room Tip: We were in 126 which was kind of tucked away and yet very convenient to the office, the road, and th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked this place through priceline and it was rated as 3 star. To me this place should be rated as a 4-5 star. The staff was very nice and even offer us a pack and play even before we asked because she saw us holding a baby. Right after we went into our room, 5 mins later they brought us the pack and play and even set it up. Our room had a kitchen with a full size fridge, big microwave, and there was bowls plates, and silverware in all the drawers. They had everything from Pots, pan, bottle opener, just like your house. Everything was VERY VERY clean. The restroom was spotless and decoration was very nice!. My husband and I had an awesome vacation here and it was so worth what we paid for. It was actually very cheap for a great place like this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Milton, West Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We just returned home from another terrific stay at the Sara Sea. After our short visit last year we decided to dedicate a week at the Sara Sea this year and it was amazing.
We stayed in one of the Hideaways it gave the feeling of complete privacy in a beautiful tropical place. It was just a short walk to the gorgeous white sand beach with crystal clear waters. The pools were clean and the perfect temperature for lounging your day away. They have beautiful landscaping that helps you to be taken in to the tropical feel. The sights, sounds, and even the smells all invited a sense of tranquility. This is perfect place for couples.
We packed nothing but carry ons, as the resort has everything that you need. They supplied beach chairs and towels. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the dishes and appliances that you could need (minus a blender, the only fault I found, but I didn't ask for one either).
On our second day we made a trip to the grocery store and upon our return I of course dropped a jar of salsa and it shattered all across the floor making a terrible mess. My husband went in search of housekeeping and found a wonderful couple of ladies who came immediately and helped us clean it up. They were very kind and concerned that we be careful not to step on any pieces of the glass. We eventually got out of their way and they were extra cautious to get all the small shards of glass cleared up. We could not have asked for better service.
We love to travel to different places and explore new adventures every year, but it will be hard not to make this place a yearly visit. Maybe we will sneak away for a long weekend getaway every year.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Lori J
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! We sure appreciate the huge compliment that you previously stayed with us and decided to come back for an entire week! We are very pleased that you found your accommodations ideal and really enjoyed your stay! We do suggest that for stays more than two nights that our guests stay in a boutique at the Sara Sea which offers a lot more space and a sitting area. Typically, a hideaway is considered to be a very small room for a weeks stay but we do understand that sometimes it’s all that one needs to relax and enjoy beautiful Siesta Key! We hope to see you again and thank you again for your review!
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very well apointed. The sunset.... Priceless!!!! It is very close to restaurants and other things to do. Very easy to get to from the east coast of Florida. We enjoyed our trip very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zztech
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My friend took me here for a 3 night stay. The town of Siesta Key is a very quiet, nontourist town. If you are looking for a party do not come here. If you are looking for quiet relaxing with minimal annoying tourists... chose this place! The rooms looked like they had been recently remodeled and were in EXCELLENT shape. The decor was very tasteful and the maid service was excellent. Cab rides were also free in this town (with tip). The chair rentals were not the best because they were not the wooden chairs with pads but rather the regular pool type lounge chairs with umbrellas. The service for the chair rentals was excellent... I just think they should upgrade the furniture on the beach to make it the same quality of furniture you find in the guest rooms. That is the only flaw I could find with this resort. We are already trying to figure out how we can return again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Grand Heron end unit. It was the furthest walk from the beach of any guest room. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jade D
London
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in room 115 which was on the 1st floor (as previously requested) and my experience was amazing! After a long journey from the UK, I had arrived after 22.30pm to which the staff go home, but as promised I was left my room key in a sealed envelope with my name on it welcoming me and providing all the nformation needed on settling in...I was extremely impressed!
Parking is free and allocated to every guest by room number. Wifi is free too and fast.
The room and bathroom were extremely clean and had a lovely home feel to it. I loved the decor and wished I had stayed longer than 3 nights.
Staff are extremely friendly and polite and always keen to provide you with information etc. There is a also a DVD library (DVD player in room too next to a huge plasma) in the reception area in which you can borrow more than one movie for free.
They also provide you with free beach towels, chairs and toys to take with you to the beach, which is about 8 minutes walk away.
I especially loved the chairs and table outside my room, which gave me the option to sit outside in the mornings and have my breakfast in the lovely sun!
I would definately recommend to couples & families.
The only small thing I didnt like, was the bed. Unfortunately way too soft for my liking, but saying that, I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Its nice to be one floor up because your not sitting directly infront of the parked cars when sittin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry W
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well located resort, large and clean rooms. Beautiful common private beach with the other resorts is 1 minute walk. Stores and a handful of restaurants is nearby (should try Captain Curt's Crab & Oyster Bar for happy hour oyster and chowder). The Village with most of the bars and restaurants are however pretty far away, you'd have need to take a cab, unless driving.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter G
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! We are always pleased to read that our guest’s find the accommodations at Sara Sea to be clean ! We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the beautiful beach too! The Siesta Key village is 3 miles from Tropical Beach Resorts and there are free taxis (tips only) that operate daily from 10 am-2:00 am. A lot of our guests tell us they love the clam chowder and grouper sandwich at Captain Curts! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
#12 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!