“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Rhode Island
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at the Tropical Shores resort in April and this was our second visit to the resort. Last year we stayed at Sara Sea. Both hotels are excellent. The only difference I saw between the two was that Sara Sea had granite countertops in kitchen and bath. The property is maintained just beautiful, and kudos to the staff for all their hard work. Since we are pool owners we were impressed on how well the pools were kept. Great access to private Crescent beach, and the hotel provides beach chairs. The hotel is located in a great location with access to shops, and food.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms are ideal for couples
1 Thank Oceanview25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My Uncle suggested we go visit Siesta Key the last couple of days we were in Florida. set my GPS to Cressent beach and pushed go. Drove into town and was blown away by the beautiful little town. My eye caught a vacancy sign and my wife and i pulled over.
They did not have any rooms for one night.
But, recommended the Tropical Shores Beach Resort half a mile away.
They had a room and wow was it nice!
king size bed., big bath, kitchnett. little table and chiars. Just perfect. Newly renovated. all my wife and I kept saying was wow, what a great find.
Our room was near the road, but i never heard a car. 2 minute walk to the beach, breathtaking. Water was awesome.
Rented an umbrella and two chairs. hotel provided chairs and towels if we wanted them, plus there where two pools open till 9 PM.
Bought some food and refreshments across the street. had a great time. wish we could have stayed another day or so.
will go back some day for sure. very affordable.
Everyone at the hotel were great. very clean. can not say enough about the place.

2 Thank Mark F
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel went above and beyond for our stay. Stocked our fridge full of drinks... Gave us privacy when we needed it. The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again! My husband and I stayed as an after new years treat... the beach access was great! Perfect views.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Loveland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very clean and updated. Steps away from a beautiful private beach without the congestion of Siesta Key public beach. Yes, it's small, but why would you want a huge room if you have one of the top beaches in the world outside your room? I think if we had the kids with us, the room would be too small but for a getaway for just me and my wife, it was perfect. Staff was great as well!

2 Thank Specialist234
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was so swayed by the positive experiences that I read on this site that I decided to splurge and treat myself by booking a room here.This was at the Tropical Sun location. I was so excited but when I saw the room I felt underwhelmed immediately. It is basically a motel room;albeit a nice one but one just the same.. All one level. You hear the car doors shutting outside. One reviewer on here states it looks like a 1950's motor lodge. I would agree. Not that there's anything wrong with that except for the high rate(in my mind anyway) I paid for 4 nights..(200.00-249.00)
Yes the bed was comfortable. There is a well stocked kitchen where I prepared most of my meals with nice granite counters. Also a couch and kitchen table. Just average that's all.
The grounds are pretty with tropical vegetation. I think they do try. There are also 2 swimming pools there. I did spend a couple of hours there one day;nice heated water.
I have to mention that my room was not available at 3 PM on that first day even though you are suppposed to be able to check in at that time. I overheard other guests being told the same thing during my stay there.
On a positive note there is only a few minutes walk to the beach with the whitest and softest sand;just lovely. I saw pretty birds;osprey and pelicans. I collected some of the most beautiful shells I have ever seen. Even saw dolphins my first evening there. The town has a wonderful grocery store called Crescent Beach grocery-all kinds of delicacies and the liquor selection is impressive.
But the area is not what the review should be about. I loved the area ; I was just disappointed with the quality of the room. I will definately come back to the area but will do my homework first and try to find a better place;one that deserves my hard earned money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Acworth, GA
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I decided we needed a short vacation and decided to try Siesta Key instead of Longboat Key (nicer but pricier - so, I'll try not to compare). We booked a Tropical Sun / Grand Heron room and were given room 166. The room is situated next to the main road (pro's - it is quiet and you don't have to deal with headlights from vehicles entering/leaving the parking lot, con's - longest walk to the beach and you probably won't be able to park by your unit). The building itself reminds me of the old motor lodge hotels those of us in our 50's/60's remember as kids. The owners have spruced up the outside and updated the interiors. The unit's kitchenette was satisfactory for our cooking needs (I prefer to make our meals) - just need to replace the serrated knives that didn't cut without an effort. There is also a gas grill with ample utensils outside that was great for preparing meals. The entire unit is tiled which makes sense when sand is involved. This unit also had a Jacuzzi tub with high sides - might be hard for short, elderly or the handicapped to use. The staff offers free short leg beach chairs and towels to use at the beach - advise to get two towels for each person since they're not beach towel length. A beach vendor also offers full day umbrella and two rubber-slatted lounge chairs for $20 full day/$12 half day. There is no denying that the owners and staff are making an effort to make the best of what they have to work with - and you can't ask for anything more.

1 Thank chas57
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the comments that you shared. We will also test the knives in your kitchen and appreciate this being brought to our attention. Our team is always available to provide additional items or adjust anything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We also understand that as much as you enjoyed your stay with us, our accommodations and the entire island may not compare to Longboat Key with regard to the high end luxury condominiums and full service amenities. Tropical Beach Resorts is a very friendly, clean, nicely updated casual resort on Siesta Key that welcomes guests to stay less than a week. We are committed to staying true to offering genuine old Florida charm and hospitality while ensuring modern apartment conveniences for a relaxing and wonderful stay. We truly appreciate your comments and for staying with us and hope that you will visit TBR if you return to Siesta Key in the future.
nottingham
Reviewed April 24, 2013

booked this resort because of reviews, however, when we saw room thought we had come to wrong place!!
booked sandpiper king- nothing like pictures in brochure. room is very small and looks very crowded with all the furniture. very basic kitchen. what didn't like was that you had to hang clothes in small closet in bathroom.
furniture looking worn, bathroom tiles grubby. no basin plug and shower rail was nearly coming off wall at one end. towels very poor quality- so thin!!
pool very small but water warm
one good point is beach very short walk away and all the staff are extremely helpful.

Room Tip: room 165 not very nice
2 Thank amber10
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
#12 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!