“New Adventure”

Senor Siesta
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: South American, Spanish, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our Seasonal Hours Closed Monday and Tuesday We are open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Sunday
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel 200 nights a year and always seek out different unique restaurants.

Enjoyed this one and the flavors were exactly what I was looking for.

Family owned and does everything. This is island time so slow down, unwind and enjoy the taste buds trip to South America.

SenorSiestaSrq, General Manager at Senor Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thanks for adventuring to Senor Siesta—we are kind of tucked out of the way in the Village. Our “tagline” is YOUR PASSPORT TO LATIN CUISINE, so learning you travel nearly 2/3rds of the year, we are grateful to receive your review. Hopefully, our home cooking and family service made you feel “at home”. Tenga viajes seguros, regrese pronto!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My son and I were wrapping up our stay on Siesta Key. As is customary, we typically try a restaurant off the beaten path on our last night. He has never had true Spanish/Latin cuisine. Our meal was fabulous and my son has a new appreciation for a new cuisine. When we are back in Siesta Key, we will be back. I have already recommended the restaurant to friends who visit annually. Thanks for a delicious meal and an extremely pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank DrBuckeye
SenorSiestaSrq, General Manager at Senor Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

So happy you enjoyed your visit ("nuestra casa es su casa") and your culinary experience (Latin but not Mexican). Oh yeah, GO BROWNS!! (except November 2...)

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

When my family asked me to choose a restaurant during my short stay in Siesta Key, I did a little research and found Señor Siesta. It had wonderful reviews and the menu looked interesting. When we arrived we found a small restaurant with a delightful family involved in each aspect. Everything we ate was fantastic! As the restaurant filled up we never felt rushed to leave despite people waiting for tables. I would suggest that if you want a table that you make a reservation or arrive early! Happy hour offers two for one sangrias! Don't leave without the Tres Leches!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We found Señor Siesta via Tripadvisor and can agree with the previous reviews. Our map app had it located on the other side of Ocean Blvd, so be wise that it is located next to the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce. We were the first customers of the evening and found the family atmosphere to be delightful. We started with the beef tapas and Gambas al Ajillo, both were fantastic. The Gambas had plenty of shrimp to share. The tapas were a good size with an excellent side sauce. Our waitress was the daughter of the owners and was home from college. You could tell that she was quite proud of her parents and the food. We enjoyed the early bird 2 for 1 sangria special and it was definitely special, the hint of cinnamon was just perfect. Our main course was the Paella and it was quite yummy. My husband and I could have had our own, but we wanted to save room for dessert. We enjoyed Tes Leches, which was homemade by the owners wife and the coconut ice-cream. The family was delightful and it was evident that they had a passion for their food, & the service was wonderful. There is indoor and outdoor seating, if you have a large group please call ahead so that they can be prepared. Be advised the restaurant is small, but well worth any wait. We will definitely return and you will not be disappointed to give this place a try.

SenorSiestaSrq, General Manager at Senor Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

We are glad you found us and even more gratified that you enjoyed your food and service. The Gambas and Sangria seem to have taken on a life of their own, as starters, as has our Quinoa Croquetas and Bacalhau. Thanks, also, for pointing out that we are basically hidden in the corner of the Village Plaza next to the Chamber of Commerce. Happy 4th!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food at Senor Siesta was absolutely fresh and amazing. It is a very small restaurant, and we had a large group of 9 - so we decided to have dinner early. The owners are so friendly. We tried one of each appetizers - and even the young ones enjoyed the food. Our entrees were perfect size and you will definitely not leave the restaurant hungry. Thank you for a great dinner experience - this will be the first restaurant I go to when I come back to Siesta.

SenorSiestaSrq, General Manager at Senor Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind words; this really encourages us to continue striving hard to please our guests. Yes, we are a tiny restaurant tucked off the beaten path, so your feedback is very much appreciated. Even though we do not publish a children’s menu, per se, we try our best to whip things up to everyone’s liking—young and old and in between. That is the beauty of Latin cuisine!