“Best Seafood I've had in a long time”

Lobster Pot Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Jacksonville, Fl
“Best Seafood I've had in a long time”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place is delicious. The Ipswich steamers were a great appetizer. My husband had the fried clam strips and I had broiled scallops. The clam strips were the best we have ever had. Big and fresh. The scallops were good but all the sides were drenched in butter. If you are not a butter person, you better let your server know. I could not eat my sides for the butter. But the clam strips and steamers were amazing. I would definitely return. Service was average.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AlanaAug
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thanks for trying us out, Alana. I'm glad to hear you and your husband had a great time with us overall, and I appreciate the review. Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Holy guacamole!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ok, there wasn't any guacamole but the food was amazing. Like seafood? Go here. The absolute best meal we had our entire time there and we hit a lot of great spots. YUM!

Visited June 2013
Happy to hear your meal hit the spot, Greg! Thanks for the 5 stars—the team and I appreciate your support. The next time you're in town, you know where to find us!

Palm Coast, Florida
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Salmon was excellent, wait was not bad for a table for 2, service was great. Parking however was not so good.

Visited May 2014
Glad you enjoyed your meal, Gage! I'm sorry parking was difficult, though. For future reference, we have valet.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

All the best

Sarasota, Florida
“Don't like lobster yet? Get ready to become a convert.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The best meal I've had since moving to Sarasota: unexpectedly classy with quality service at two seats by the bar. Homesick for Louisiana and crawfish boils, I stopped in here with a friend who claims it as her favorite restaurant in Sarasota -- and with good reason. We started off with fiery scallops and cornbread, the latter used to soak up every drop of the former, then split a big beautiful Lobster Dutchess. I left still knowing what it means to miss New Orleans, but full of a new taste for Sarasota life.

Visited May 2014
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I'm thrilled to hear we were able to give you not only a delicious meal, but also a "new taste for Sarasota life." To tell you the truth, I can't imagine a bigger compliment.

Anyway, the next time you're feeling homesick or are just in the mood for something tasty, I hope you'll come back and see us!

Cheers,

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Best Lobster Roll”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I felt like I was at a lobster/clam shack in New England. I had "top of the line" clam chowder and a lobster roll that had both tail and claw meat. It's the best one I've ever had and enjoyed creamy delicious cole slaw as a side. My Wife loved her blackened grouper as well. We were there "in season" so we parked several blocks away however it was well worth the walk. The service was excellent and the waiter was very helpful in answering our questions about the Siesta Key area. It was our first visit and I'm looking forward to going back and working my way through the menu. Not fancy but outstanding food and service

• Visited April 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience, RC. "I felt like I was at a lobster/clam shack in New England"—that's exactly what we're going for, and it's great to hear we're on point. Looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back next time!