“Don't like lobster yet? Get ready to become a convert.”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The best meal I've had since moving to Sarasota: unexpectedly classy with quality service at two seats by the bar. Homesick for Louisiana and crawfish boils, I stopped in here with a friend who claims it as her favorite restaurant in Sarasota -- and with good reason. We started off with fiery scallops and cornbread, the latter used to soak up every drop of the former, then split a big beautiful Lobster Dutchess. I left still knowing what it means to miss New Orleans, but full of a new taste for Sarasota life.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I'm thrilled to hear we were able to give you not only a delicious meal, but also a "new taste for Sarasota life." To tell you the truth, I can't imagine a bigger compliment.

Anyway, the next time you're feeling homesick or are just in the mood for something tasty, I hope you'll come back and see us!

Cheers,

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I felt like I was at a lobster/clam shack in New England. I had "top of the line" clam chowder and a lobster roll that had both tail and claw meat. It's the best one I've ever had and enjoyed creamy delicious cole slaw as a side. My Wife loved her blackened grouper as well. We were there "in season" so we parked several blocks away however it was well worth the walk. The service was excellent and the waiter was very helpful in answering our questions about the Siesta Key area. It was our first visit and I'm looking forward to going back and working my way through the menu. Not fancy but outstanding food and service

Thanks for sharing your experience, RC. "I felt like I was at a lobster/clam shack in New England"—that's exactly what we're going for, and it's great to hear we're on point. Looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back next time!

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We loved this Restaurant. Quaint red and white table cloths and nautical decorations greet customers to a bustling, New England feeling restaurant. We chose excellently served lobster, accompanied by some great seafood starters and were not disappointed. The children were given a good choice of simple meals together with a maritime based coloring sheet to keep them occupied!

Hint:Make sure you book a slot on their waiting list in peak season to avoid long waits.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thanks for stopping by! I'm delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meals, and I appreciate the kind words. If you're ever back in Siesta Key, you know where to find us!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went to the Lobster Pot twice while we were in Siesta Keys. The food was amazing both times. My favorite cocktail is the homemade Sangria. Out of this world.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thanks for the 5 stars! I'm glad you had a great experience with us, and I appreciate the kind words. Hope you'll get the chance to visit again soon—we've got a glass of sangria with your name on it!

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Well they say you can't judge a book it's cover and this place proves it. Fresh and good from the salads to the crab legs!

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Glad your meal hit the spot! Thanks for the review—we appreciate the kind words. The next time you're in town and are craving seafood, you know where to find us!