“Everything about it is great!”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Really enjoyed this place! Lobster bisque was great. 1/2 lobster was very good. Portion sizes are very appropriate. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was perfect. Not an inexpensive place-but, we are talking lobster. It just is a great place!

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thanks for the review, Betty. Great food, great service, great atmosphere—it sounds like we did right by you on all accounts, which is really wonderful to hear. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is right in the middle of the tourist spot on Siesta Key, But it had been rated high, so we tried it.
Great waitress, Vere, Super nice, Awesome grouper sandwich, The house Cab wine was much better than I had expected.
Nice view for people watching. Full menu. We will return to try dinner after season. We saw many dishes we would like to try.
Traffic was terrible, parking horrid, but it is high season, so we knew it would be that way. No problem...just relax and enjoy. You will not be disappointed. Saw many eating the lobster rolls, and they really liked them. Several sides to choose from. It is a small place, but very friendly.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm thrilled to hear you had a 5-star experience with us—delighting our guests with delicious seafood and friendly service is always our goal. The next time you visit Siesta Key, we'd love to host you again!

All the best,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The lobster was amazing!!!Fresh and unreal!! For the price the double tail is a great deal.
The garlic salad was also a favorite. Our waitress was Nina she made us feel as we were her only table!!

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks for the kind words, Eliska! We aim to delight our customers with fresh, delicious lobster, and it's wonderful to hear we did just that when you came in. (I'll be sure to share your review with Nina, too. She'll appreciate the compliments.) If you're ever back in Sarasota, you know where to find us!

All the best,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The lobster was amazing!!!! For the price get the double tail. The best we have had!!! the garlic salad was also a favorite as a starter. Our waitress was Nina she great !!! We always come here at least once while we are in Siesta Key.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I went once with others in a double date and it was ok. Second time I went with my parents for valentines day, I nearly cried of how crappy they made us feel. It was a valentines gift for my parents. My parents have an accent and it triggered the waitress to ignore every single word my parents said to her. Waitress would not answer there questions what so ever. I had to ask for them. I though maybe she couldn't understand them but later on I saw it was more racism then not understanding. All tables were served with bread and drinks and we were there a lot longer then others that had just arrived and our table was EMPTY. I finally got upset and went to the back to ask for bread and drinks and the waitress and all other waitresses were sitting in the back chit chatting, texting/browsing web. I was in total shock how she gave me the dirtiest look and I asked her to please bring us bread. Not only is good there too expensive for the portion but the tip that was charged was insane. I paid $30 for awful service from a team of racist employees. They served me a cold lobster with dry cold cheese on top and served a nasty soda that tasted more like water. To make things worst, these people are sooooo cheap not only with portion but fountain drinks... What I am about to say will most likely shock you..... I asked for a refill to go and she brings me a cup and tells me to simply pour my left over soda "which was almost gone" into the cup she gave me..... So I was charged $30 tips for this? I couldn't even get a refill. This was the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant and I really want everyone to know how racist these people are. Not only the waitress but the whole team. As I left I spoke with a manager and told her that I was being charged $30 for tip and I did not agree with it and she gave me the dumb found face and shrugged. I then said that the service I was given was not worth $30 and she then again shrugged and walked away..... Really? This totally had me almost in tears because I never knew someone could make you feel soo crappy and small.... Please spread the word so no one else goes through this.

9  Thank Bradlady
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to clarify something, though. We value each and every customer that walks through our door and would never discriminate based on ethnicity, race, or anything else. That said, it sounds like you received less-than-amazing service, and I'm truly sorry about that. Rest assured, I'll have a word with my entire team about being more attentive. There's clearly some room for improvement.

Despite your last visit, I hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future. I'm confident we have what it takes to show you the delicious meal and warm, welcoming service you deserve.