“Great quick lunch stop”

Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were in the area and looking for a place to grab a quick lunch, preferably seafood. The Lobster Pot did not disappoint.

I ordered the lobster bisque and a side salad. The soup was absolutely delicious - rich, creamy and with lots of small lobster bits. The salad had mixed greens, tomato, cucumber and red onion. The croutons were homemade. The ranch dressing was better than usual, with a slight sweet taste to it. My husband and I both thought the dressing was outstanding.

He ordered fish and chips. There were three huge pieces of white fish, nicely battered, with tons of fries.

Total bill, with drinks, was under $25.00.

The place is right in the center of town, next to the gazebo, but does have an "on the water" feel to it.

We hope to return when we are in the area again - and next time for dinner!

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Stuffed lobster was amazing & if you ever need to know how to fight off a Portuguese lobster.. just ask Vera ;) hahaha

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Lobsters and clams were fantastic, and reasonable prices, too! Service was quick and efficient on both of our visits. Try the Vinho Verde and lobster bisque- YUM!!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

On vacation many years ago I ordered Portuguese Kale soup at a little restaurant somewhere near Provincetown, Mass. It was heavenly but I was never able to find a restaurant that served a soup that even came close to it. The Lobster Pot is a favorite spot of ours. We think the food is awesome, but for some reason I never ordered the Portuguese soup. When I finally did I was THRILLED to find it was just as I had remembered it. (The lobster bisque is also one of the best I have ever tasted.). Great service, great food.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thanks for the review! It's always a treat to hear from a loyal customer. Hope you'll come see us again soon—we've got a big bowl of Portuguese Soup with your name on it!

All the best,

Tony
Owner

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ate here back in 2008 or 2009 for the first time, and our then, 9 year old daughter fell in love with lobster bisque, because of The Lobster Pot. Now at 13, she was so excited to be returning to The Lobster Pot (her choice for tonight's dinner) this visit. My daughter ordered a bowl of lobster bisque with extra lobster chunks; my husband ordered a cup of lobster bisque (with extra lobster chunks) and an appetizer (as a tapas/small plate) of fiery scallops. I ordered the pasta fiery dishes (shrimp). So delicious and so much - I had to ask for a box to take the rest back to the condo! All three of us were so thrilled with our dinner. Each choice was fantastic, and the fiery sauce is so full of great flavor. My husband and I are both hop beer lovers, so we each enjoyed an IPA; both great. Friendly service by John, and we look forward to our next visit to return to The Lobster Pot! Check it out - you won't be sorry!

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

lovefoodandbeach, isn't it wonderful how an excellent meal can be so memorable? I love that your family had such warm memories of dining with us, but I'm absolutely thrilled that your most recent visit was even better! Thank you for coming back and sharing the experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'll make sure to pass along all your kind words to the kitchen and waitstaff (John, especially). Don't be a stranger! Join us again soon for and make some more memories.

All the best,