“Not the New England Sea Food I knew”

Lobster Pot Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Venice, Florida
“Not the New England Sea Food I knew”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Horrible clam chowder, over cooked scallops and a dark, dirty environment. Nothing about this restaurant resembles anything close to good seafood, it is terrible. My wife and I are from New Englandvand yes, we know good sea food and trust me, this place does NOT serve it. And, to add further insult to patrons, their prices are rediculous, especially for the poor quality of their food. My wife and I will never go back and we will advise all to save their money and go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
11 Thank Jr00123
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you and your wife had such a subpar experience. Naturally, since we pride ourselves on serving authentic New England-style seafood, it's disappointing that you thought we missed the mark. Still, I appreciate your honest feedback. Without constructive criticism, we'd never be able to improve.

If you want to discuss your experience in more detail, please give me a call at (941) 349-2323.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good that the ceiling fell down...”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Good food but crowded. The ceiling literally was crumbling down on my son's back as we ate. No harm, but you think they would have apologized or taken some off of our bill. Instead, the waiter told an older gentleman (owner? manager?) and he said, "I need to be calling a roofer."

1 Thank mitomom
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Although I'm happy to hear your meal hit the spot, I'm so sorry our ceiling situation detracted from your experience. I know it's a bit late, but I hope you'll accept my apology. This is a truly freak incident, and it will never happen again.

Thanks for bringing the matter to my attention. If you're ever in the mood to give us a second chance, we'd love to have you back.

All the best,

Gainesville, GA
“Big portions, not too bad.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

First time we have tried this place. Good food, nothing particular stood out. When asking about certain items like avocado that was supposed to be on my nacho we were told they were out. other than that I would recommend The Lobster Pot. Our service was great and we were there around lunch and it was slow so we had plenty of room for our big party. We'll be back & next time I'll try the seafood.

• Visited June 2013
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry we were out of avocado when you visited—this doesn't happen often—but I'm glad your meal still hit the spot. Definitely let me know what you think of our seafood after you try it!

Have a good one,

Comstock Park, Michigan
“It wasnt good it wasnt bad”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first visit here having been to Siesta several time. The food was alright. I felt it was a little overpriced when taking portions into consideration. But the food was well cooked and tasted great. We a nice window seat though which was nice, I wish they had outdoor seating because the place was cramped. The valet parking was nice,

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Oregonmike98
Thanks for trying us out. It's nice to hear you enjoyed your meal—impressing our guests with expertly prepared food is our main goal. I'm sorry you found us a bit expensive, though. When setting our prices, we have to factor in the quality of our ingredients. Hopefully, the next time you're back in Siesta, you'll give us another shot. We'd love the chance to show you a 5-star experience.

All the best,

Kansas City, Kansas
“Excellent Food, Location and Prices”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had dinner here last night (6/23) and wish we'd tried them earlier in our vacation as we would certainly have returned over and over. There were two of us dining that night.

we started with littleneck clams (me) and lobster bisque (husband). My clams were incredible, a pound of them steamed in broth with vegetables (onions, celery) and linguicia. These were true littlenecks (here in the midwest, we sometimes wind up with middlenecks billed as littlenecks) and were so tender, non-gritty and succulent. The broth was incredible as was the small bowl of a slightly spicy broth on the side. The linguicia was good as well. I wish I'd ordered a double order.

The lobster bisque was very good. It was creamy with good flavor and a slight spice from the added seasoning. There weren't large chunks of lobster, though they were available for extra, but having grown up in Maine and lived in NH, we weren't expecting the bisque to have a lot of lobster meat in it.

I also had the fried cod, which was good and a large portion.

My husband had the fried ipswich clams, which were the best he had on this trip (he tried them at two other places). they were well cooked, not rubbery, flavorful, not overpowdered by the breading and were not at all muddy, sandy or gritty.

In addition, the prices were very good. It was just about $60 +- for both of us with two non-alcoholic drinks.

The location is a little small, but nothing unexpected given its location.

• Visited June 2013
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review. It's great that you discovered us and had such an enjoyable experience. Coming from a New Englander, your compliments on our seafood really mean a lot. Hope you had a safe trip back to Kansas City! The next time you're in Sarasota, drop by and see us.

Cheers,