“A great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lobster Pot Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Valrico, Florida
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Oh my goodness the food here is amazing! We really enjoyed it, and the service was great! We started with the oysters, and of course the corn bread. I am not a huge fan of cornbread but I did eat quite a bit of theirs. :) My fiance had the platter, and he enjoyed it all and I had the shrimp. They looked to be butterflied and lightly breaded, which is perfect in my opinion. We will be back!

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“A favorite and must eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We eat here at least once per visit. Get the scallops, lightly breaded and fried. Watch out for the corn bread, it is excellent.

Sarasota, F
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I love the fact they give those warm fresh corn breads first. I have to stop myself from eating the whole basket. I make up for it by having the fresh tuna (seared) with veggies only. Great atmosphere!

Tampa
“Nice little seafood place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Loved the Lobster bisque and stuffed shrimp. Husband loved his fried oysters. Fresh vegetable medly very good as well. Nice atmosphere. Good service.

“Worst place ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went here for diner and it took 20 mins to get our drinks and then another 40 mins to get our food. I ordered a salad and never got it, was told as my other food was coming that it would be right out. This is the first place I have ever walked out on, the service was the worst. They even had the nerve to charge another table gratuity on a to-go order.

8 Thank Biz-ow
, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I regret that you had a bad experience. We were short staffed that first day we opened from Tropical Storm Debby. Workers did not make it in due to local flooding. I am very sorry.