“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Bluque - CLOSED

Bluque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Loved this place..food, live music was great!!!! Would go back and try all of the other things I didnt get to eat the first time..so many great choices

• Visited August 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“Nice atmosphere & food - lack knowledge of food allergies”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

After a day at the beach my family was looking forward to a nice dinner for my daughter's birthday. My husband and I along with my 3 boys are not allergic to any types of food. My daughter on the other hand is severely allergic to dairy and eggs. When I travel with her we explain the severity of her allergies from the beginning. I even take out her epi-pen to show them that even if her food is prepared or comes in contact with the allergen, she will stop breathing. My daughter ordered a salad and ribs as the main dish. When her salad came, it was covered with blue cheese. I looked at the waitress and said, "she cannot have that". And she looked at me and said, "why not?" Then I had to explain that blue cheese contains milk. I am not expecting everyone to know about the severity of food allergies, but common sense and awareness will make dining-out a wonderful experience for those who have allergies. I give this restaurant a "very good" status because although they lacked the knowledge of food allergies, the rest of my family enjoyed their dinner.

• Visited July 2014
kent
“Awesome clams!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have eaten here on three or more occasions since arriving in SK village
The happy hour is brilliant and the clams are just perfect we would all recommend them!!
Wings are also just great we ordered two dozen in the end!
Can also recommend the calamari and the salads are so so fresh!
We will without doubt be back this week a few times.
Ps singers are good too!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank fivestarKent
nursewinders
“Best thing was the calamari”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The BBQ here taste like lighter fluid and crab cakes were soggy.... HOWEVER.., the calamari was to die for!!!

Visited June 2014
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Last time for this restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We vacation in Siesta Key annually, and started going to Bluque 3 yrs ago. The first time was good. The second time was pretty good. This time the service poor. We rarely saw our waitress, even though she was very pleasant. They had a male singer who was decent, and he said that he'd take requests. Please remember to make your request before you tip him, if you choose to go there. We requested 2 songs when we tipped him, and he said he knew neither of them - and never offered to sing a song we would like. Instead, he sang the Stones, "You can't always get what you want". Coincidence? maybe. The food was average; the barbeque over-done. The calimari had too much breading and was also over-done. When we left, all (8) of us agreed that there are a lot of restaurants in Siesta Key Village, and this is one that we can skip in the future.

• Visited May 2014