“Pleasantly pleased”
Review of The Palm Bay Club

The Palm Bay Club
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were very pleased with our week-long stay at PBC, The property is well kept and tidy - from the front office to the beach. I did walk through the bay side court yard to the pool and that seemed quite pleasant. Our 2 bedroom unit (128) was perfect for two couples. The unit was spotless, beds and linens were nice - lots of space. Each morning, the beach was groomed and neat for the coming day which didn't seem to be the case with other properties I walked past. Although the beach was private, it seemed like people from other properties were taking advantage of the PBC beach front. No biggie but no obvious control.

We are ready to book for next year! Don't hesitate to rent this unit at Palm Bay or this unit.

Room Tip: The location of this unit is great - not noisy at all and between the beach and pool. The view was l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, Lori. I'm glad everything was in tip-top shape and you thoroughly enjoyed your unit. It's great to know you you were able to pop by and see the the Bayside pool, as well. Thanks so much for your feedback about our private beach — I'll look into that. I really appreciate your compliments, and I hope you do come back and see us again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Palm Bay Club is wonderful. We stayed on the bay side. It is a hike to the beach if you have mobility issues, we do not and I like the hike through the palm lined development. Twice we forgot something and and had to walk back, that's a pain, but if you have a car and parking sticker (from the front desk) you can drive over. I also did this when I hauled a cooler.

The unit was great, we stayed in #320, the only complaint was the bed quality. They were well used. The unit itself is a little dated but in really good shape and clean enough. We cooked two meals a day in the unit and ate out once a day. he unit itself has everything you need including beach towels and a styro-foam cooler for use.

We loved the bay side location, the pool was great, nice and warm. The dock was fun to sit on and watch the boats go by.

We'd stay again in this unit, my wife woke up with a back ache everyday from the king bed in the master but she loved everything else.

Room Tip: Either way, we got ours on VRBO and saved a bunch.
1  Thank JNB412
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed the walk to the beach, and I'm glad you took advantage of our parking pass on the days you brought the cooler. Seeing as you stayed in a non-rental unit, it's nice to know that you're unit was clean, convenient and had everything you needed to enjoy your days in the sun. I appreciate your feedback about the beds — I'll be sure to send your review to the owner so he is aware. Thank you for your thoughtful review, and I hope you'll come back to visit again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My family (wife and 2 children) stayed here from 2/16-2/22/2014 in Unit #63. It is the second time we have stayed here, renting on the 9th floor the prior year.

The good:
1. if you stay in the tower by the beach, you literally spill out onto the sand. That is fantastic.
2. the 2 bedroom condos are fairly spacious for a vacation and you can comfortable have 5 people if need be.
3. Pricing isn't terrible. It's not cheap, but it could be a lot worse.

The bad:
1. This is a terrible unit (#63) to stay in. I would not recommend it. It was a very different experience from the unit we had the prior year. In particular, the beds are uncomfortable and old, the freezer wouldn't close properly (goodbye ice cream for the kids), and the shades were not very good (early morning wake ups!). The unit also didn't have a broom, which is challenging when you bring in lots of sands no matter how much you try otherwise.
2. Housekeeping only comes at the end of your stay. A bit annoying given the sand mentioned above, and also how dirty your towels get towards the end.
3. The pool is not near the beach, it's a 5 minute walk away. This might not be important for some. We didn't think it was a big deal last year when we first came. This year, it was more of an issue. The Surf and Racquet Club next door does have it next to the beach.

All in all, it's a decent place to stay but I would be careful about the room I booked when staying here.

Room Tip: not #63. have only stayed in corner rooms, which tend to be spacious.
4  Thank Dan C

First, let me just again say thank you for choosing to stay with us again, Dan. Your loyalty is very much appreciated, and it's great that you enjoyed our prime location and spacious rooms.

That said, I'm disappointed that your second stay wasn't as relaxing. Please never hesitate to let us know if there is a problem with your room. I'm sorry to hear about your about your freezer — we would have been more than happy to fix that for you. As far as housekeeping, we like to give guests their privacy when they're staying with us, but we're always happy to provide you with maid service for a small fee or we do provide a laundry card to work the washer and dryers located throughout the property. I'm sorry if the pool was a little far from this unit, but hopefully the easy beach access made up for it! Please accept my apologies if you felt let down, and I hope you'll give us another shot to make it right, especially since you had such a great first trip.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were not let down. This place was everything that we expected. We rented a 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor bayside. It was modern, clean, and had all the amenities that we were looking for. We have 2 kids (12 and 15) and they were content the whole time. Pool, hot tub, beach, fishing from the dock. The grounds were well kept and clean. The location was excellent.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor on the bay side and have no complaints
1  Thank tphill
Shawna F, Manger at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I'm thrilled to hear you really enjoyed your visit! From the hot tub to the beach, it's nice to know everyone found a way to relax while you were here.

We do our best to provide you with everything you need to take advantage of the surf, sand and sea, and I'm happy it was exactly what you wanted. Please come back and visit us again soon — there's plenty of sunshine to go around.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

we have stayed at Palm Bay Club for past several years for a two week period and always wished we could have stayed longer! Our condo is always clean,fresh, and quiet and a brief walk to the beach along a brick walk/drive surrounded with tropical foliage
of all kinds

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sparky2875
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I am so happy that you always enjoy your time with us! It's nice to hear that you've found your condo to be clean and convenient. It's important to us that our customers can have easy access to the beach so they can really soak up the sunshine while they're here! That said, I hope that you'll be able to stay longer next time, too!

All the best,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a chance to get away for a few days and we love the Siesta Key area. We only had 5 days so a one week rental was not what we wanted. I looked around and found Palm Bay Club could be booked for 3 day minimum, perfect. We only needed a one bedroom one bath condo and they had several that fit our needs. The condo was well, appointed and very comfortable. The price was less per night than several motels I checked out so it was a great choice. I would stay again, hopefully for a full week next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

We're glad you found us so you could spend a few days in sunny Sarasota! It sounds like everything worked out perfectly with the cost and your stay. We're always striving to give you a beautiful place to relax that's also within your price range. It was a pleasure having you visit, and I hope you get the chance to come back for a week so you can enjoy more of our beautiful beaches.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This resort, although an older building was very nicely updated. Our unit met all of our needs and offered all the little extras, pillows, blankets,sand toys. The on the beach , was truely on the beach and they would accomidate us for 4 days at our choice, rather than Sat to Sat musts...pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: side units have a limited view and patio's are to the rear.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We provide those little extras not only as a way to thank you for staying with us, but also to make you feel like you're at a home away from home. I'm just glad you found us so could enjoy the beach during the days that were most convenient for you. Please come back again and enjoy more of the surf, sand and sea. I look forward to seeing you!