“Great place to relax!!!”
Review of The Palm Bay Club

The Palm Bay Club
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at The Palm Bay Club!! We stayed in unit 333 - Bayside Suites!! It was a roomy, attractive 2 bed/2 bath condo!! Plenty of space!! Modern appliances and everything needed to prepare & cook meals!! What a $$$$ saver when vacationing with children!!! BOTH of the pools on the property were great. Not too big but plenty of room for lots of fun!! The beach is gorgeous. Sand is like sugar!! We drove across to the beach side of the property as we had lots of beach gear in tow!! The staff was great. Security guard was visibly seen all over the property throughtout the day & night. All around great price!! Only a $50 cleaning fee was added to the bill. Not bad!! We will definately be back!!
P.S. Some of the locals suggested that we go to Casperson Beach for shark tooth & fossil hunting!! Bring something to sift through the sand or buy one of the cool metal sifters that we saw plenty of others using!!! Good times!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TravelingMom1323
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. The owner of unit 333 has done many upgrades and takes great pride in his unit. We love hearing you enjoyed our property just as much as we love hearing a guest enjoyed their accommodations. The grounds and maintenance staff work hard to make sure all 9 acres are well tended to. Security also patrols 24/7 to ensure that our property is safe and enjoyable for all guests. I am a local and never been to Casperson Beach so I am looking forward to taking my children there next weekend! There are always new places I am learning about. Once again, thanks for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Palm Bay Club

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great time. We stayed in room 125. The unit was very roomy with tile floors throughout. My only problem was that we went during July 4th week and some folks were rowdy late at night. I should have just called security and I'm sure they would have taken care of it. The beach was great, there is a nice size pool, and table tennis.

2  Thank FLTraveler12
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We understand some guests like to party on holiday, which is why we have extra staff on hand to keep them under control. Although we want all of our guests to enjoy their vacation, we do have rules for guests to follow to make the stay enjoyable and safe for all of our guests. Please, call security next time and let them handle the situation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the unit and the amenities here on property. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rain. Rain. and more Rain. That was the downside of our trip. I have never, ever seen so much rain in my life. Just to get to our condo and back was a task at times, because the roads flooded and were closed down. Now for the good. Palm Bay Club is wonderful! We are very seasoned travelers. I have to say this condo community is amazing. The people at the front desk, the manager, even all the guests/residents are top notch. We had a few issues with plumbing/air but they were resolved immediately. The elevator was fast and only had to wait once for longer than 3 minutes. The noise was never an issue. And our condo was amazing and we can't wait to go back! The 6th floor is perfect, not too high but high enough to see the views. Palm Bay Club in the middle of Crescent Beach. It is the perfect location. Even though the weather was horrible each and every day of our stay, when we did get that slight break of good sun, it was perfect. We can't wait to come back next year and make this a family tradition. WITHOUT the rain hopefully. :)

Seriously, just do it. Rent it. Love it! Enjoy!

Room Tip: 6th floor is perfect! We loved being in a corner unit. any floor ending with a (1) has amazing views...
1  Thank thewollbrinks

We can’t wait for you to come back year after year with the rest of your family! It is great to witness the joy of families reuniting when they check in to vacation here with us. It is great to read that you enjoyed our staff, the unit, the property and most of all, your overall time here on property. I hope the weather cooperates next time you come to visit, although I guess on the positive side, you didn’t get sunburn!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'll preface this review by saying that I wasn't an actual guest of the hotel this July 4th. We had some family in town that were staying at the Palm Bay Club and were invited to spend the day at the hotel and adjoining beach with them. They were given two guest parking passes for the day which were given to two other family members, so I knew that we'd need to park elsewhere in order to visit. Fine - no problem. I understand that it's a holiday and parking is limited. However, when we arrived and hoped to pull in to drop our beach stuff off with our family, we were rudely stopped by a man on a golf cart. I told him that we weren't planning on staying, just dropping a few things off. He, in a raised voice, said "I don't care. You can't come through here. Turn around!". I asked why I couldn't just pull through and drop off some things and come right back. He raised his voice again and said "Turn around!". I was taken aback by how I was just talked to. When I went into the office to plead my case (and drag my toddler out of the car in the process), I was told I could go ahead through the property. Once I moved through the property and came to the turn around, I pulled off to the side and started to unload items to my waiting family members (guests at the hotel). Just then, a man on a golf cart ("security") came and told me that I couldn't park there. I told him I wasn't parking, I was just unloading some things and then I'll move (my motor was still running, trunk open, actively moving items - all pretty good signs that I'm not "parked" I'd say). He then proceeded to raise his voice and told me I needed to move my car NOW. I asked him what his problem was and he responded "what's YOUR problem" in a very loud and threatening voice - in front of my child and family. Needless to say, I stopped unloading my car, told my family that I was sorry but I was not about to stay there another second and left. Good job dude, you yelled at a pregnant lady with a kid. You're doing a great job.

Look, I get it. It's the 4th of July and people are always going to try to take advantage of beach front property to suit their parking needs. But when someone is a visitor of guests at your hotel, have explicitly stated they are NOT trying to park at your "private" club, and they are treated in such an abusive and disrespectful manner - there is no excuse. I am a local - have lived here all of my life. I have plenty of family and friends that like to visit. You can bet that I will be sure to let them know to NEVER stay at this hotel. Any hotel that treats anyone like that does not deserve any business, if you ask me.

6  Thank Yarutsi1014

I am sorry to hear you had a negative encounter with one of our security staff. We expect all our staff to treat each and every person with the upmost respect. However, our security staff is hired to patrol the property to make the stay enjoyable and safe for all of our guests. Now and again, especially during sold out holiday weekends such as July 4th, we do have to be strict and make sure that all of our guests and visitors are following the rules set in place. We only have a limited number of parking spaces and due to the reputation of PBC, many non-guests and local residents attempt to park at our property due to the close proximity of the beach. In the past, we have had many incidences where people say they are only driving down to drop off coolers or guests and then instead park. This leaves no parking for our paying guests and their visitors. The only way to stop this is to not allow anyone without a pass through the “gate”. This should obviously be accomplished with respect and professionalism toward all guests at all times. Once again, I am sorry to hear you were treated disrespectfully and I will speak with our security staff. Being local, I hope you try our resort again- maybe during the off season when it is much quieter.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were accompanying family staying at the club and were treated very poorly. The "security" staff were very rude and confrontational, and acted in this manner directly in front of my small children. So much so, that my nine year old who witnessed the encounter, stated "that man was really disrespectful to you mom" after we walked away. Any establishment that employes staff who have that level of disrespect for another human being should be ashamed! Having lived in Sarasota for 32 years, I would urge anyone looking for a place to stay on Siesta Key to look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank funmomFlorida

I am sorry to hear you had a negative encounter with one of our security staff. We expect all our staff to treat each and every person with the upmost respect. However, our security staff is hired to patrol the property to make the stay enjoyable and safe for all of our guests. Now and again, especially during sold out holiday weekends such as July 4th, we do have to be strict and make sure that all of our guests and visitors are following the rules set in place. This should obviously be accomplished with respect and professionalism toward all guests at all times. Once again, I am sorry to hear you were treated disrespectfully and I will speak with our security staff. Being local, I hope you try our resort again- maybe during the off season when it is much quieter.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Top Reasons to Avoid the Palm Bay Club

1. Staff are rude. The only pleasant person on staff was security guard at check-in. I have never checked out of a resort and NOT been asked how my stay was. Wow. The staff are simply indifferent.

2. Very run down for what you must pay. Elevator broken off and on our entire visit. Handle broken off faucet for washing feet leaving beach. No one attempted to fix our entire stay.

3. You have to wade through two feet of soured rain water to get to beach. No attempt to pump it out our entire stay.

4. No balcony or covered seating areas (that aren't in two feet of water after a rain). No real place to shelter or enjoy during rain storm.

5. They advertised a workout room. It is actually a small closet in the restroom with an elliptical machine and treadmill. No free weights at all.

6. Security allows obscene music to be played at pool. Not suitable for children. Heaven forbid asking a staff member to intervene.

7. Only way to walk to office/pool is via narrow street. Have to dodge workers in golf carts who seem to enjoy driving dangerously close to pedestrians. Pool is not convenient and is really outdated. No located where people are encouraged to congregate. They advertise two pools but the second one is tiny and outdated.

8. Tried to get wireless fixed in the room to no avail. Again, complete indifference by staff. Really needed the connection fixed to meet a deadline.

We will not be returning. We simply enjoy Destin/Fort Walton area better. Much better value. Better restaurant choices as well. Cleaner beaches.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JaceMan1970

I am sad to read you did not enjoy your stat here at the Palm Bay Club.
Due to turtle season, we are only allowed to rack the beach on certain days after first receiving clearance from a Mote Employee. We follow the state laws regarding turtle season procedure and obtain our permit on an annual basis just be allowed to rack.
Both of our pools have recently been renovated and the new brick pavers that extend from the beach to the Intercostal Waterway were put in just a few years back. Our recreation room was just remodel last year and the fitness center and bathroom remodel are being discussed.
An elevator was down during your stay, and we do apologize. We called to have it repaired as soon as it went down and the 2nd elevator in the building was up and running at the time. Unfortunately, things do break, but we do our best to get them repaired as soon as possible. We were unaware of the broken handle for the shower beach but after reading your review have already ordered and replaced the part.
Once again, sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We will miss having you as a guest at our resort.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rented 044 in the tower and it was wonderful. The unit was updated, very nicely decorated and clean. The view of the ocean from the living room was nice. The kitchen was stocked extremely well (even sharp knives), with the exception of a small saucepan. Floors were tile and wood which makes so much more sense than carpet. Easy to use the steps in lieu of elevator as they were close. My only complaint is the dining room table is on the porch and it is not air conditioned so not useful in summer months. There are bar stools where you can eat indoors. Front desk staff were very nice. Convenient to beach and short walk to pool. Would definitely stay at this unit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Unit 044 is new to our rental program and very popular! I will look into the dining room table being on the patio and see if there is some rearranging we can do so the table is in a more practicable atmosphere. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to having you as our guests again soon.