I'll preface this review by saying that I wasn't an actual guest of the hotel this July 4th. We had some family in town that were staying at the Palm Bay Club and were invited to spend the day at the hotel and adjoining beach with them. They were given two guest parking passes for the day which were given to two other family members, so I knew that we'd need to park elsewhere in order to visit. Fine - no problem. I understand that it's a holiday and parking is limited. However, when we arrived and hoped to pull in to drop our beach stuff off with our family, we were rudely stopped by a man on a golf cart. I told him that we weren't planning on staying, just dropping a few things off. He, in a raised voice, said "I don't care. You can't come through here. Turn around!". I asked why I couldn't just pull through and drop off some things and come right back. He raised his voice again and said "Turn around!". I was taken aback by how I was just talked to. When I went into the office to plead my case (and drag my toddler out of the car in the process), I was told I could go ahead through the property. Once I moved through the property and came to the turn around, I pulled off to the side and started to unload items to my waiting family members (guests at the hotel). Just then, a man on a golf cart ("security") came and told me that I couldn't park there. I told him I wasn't parking, I was just unloading some things and then I'll move (my motor was still running, trunk open, actively moving items - all pretty good signs that I'm not "parked" I'd say). He then proceeded to raise his voice and told me I needed to move my car NOW. I asked him what his problem was and he responded "what's YOUR problem" in a very loud and threatening voice - in front of my child and family. Needless to say, I stopped unloading my car, told my family that I was sorry but I was not about to stay there another second and left. Good job dude, you yelled at a pregnant lady with a kid. You're doing a great job.
Look, I get it. It's the 4th of July and people are always going to try to take advantage of beach front property to suit their parking needs. But when someone is a visitor of guests at your hotel, have explicitly stated they are NOT trying to park at your "private" club, and they are treated in such an abusive and disrespectful manner - there is no excuse. I am a local - have lived here all of my life. I have plenty of family and friends that like to visit. You can bet that I will be sure to let them know to NEVER stay at this hotel. Any hotel that treats anyone like that does not deserve any business, if you ask me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Bay Club is a vacation rental resort condominium property offering three types of accommodations, all available at daily, weekly, and monthly rates. With a three night minimum stay, we're the ideal choice for Sarasota, Siesta Key beachfront condominium vacation rentals. Enjoy the pools, sauna, spa, bay, tennis court, fishing, fitness center, and golfing. We're also conveniently located near area attractions such as the Big Cat Habitat, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Mote Marine Aquarium, St. Armands Circle, Siesta Village, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota Bradenton International Airport, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palm Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palm Bay Club Hotel Siesta Key
- Palm Bay Club
- The Palm Bay Club Siesta Key, Florida