Top Reasons to Avoid the Palm Bay Club
1. Staff are rude. The only pleasant person on staff was security guard at check-in. I have never checked out of a resort and NOT been asked how my stay was. Wow. The staff are simply indifferent.
2. Very run down for what you must pay. Elevator broken off and on our entire visit. Handle broken off faucet for washing feet leaving beach. No one attempted to fix our entire stay.
3. You have to wade through two feet of soured rain water to get to beach. No attempt to pump it out our entire stay.
4. No balcony or covered seating areas (that aren't in two feet of water after a rain). No real place to shelter or enjoy during rain storm.
5. They advertised a workout room. It is actually a small closet in the restroom with an elliptical machine and treadmill. No free weights at all.
6. Security allows obscene music to be played at pool. Not suitable for children. Heaven forbid asking a staff member to intervene.
7. Only way to walk to office/pool is via narrow street. Have to dodge workers in golf carts who seem to enjoy driving dangerously close to pedestrians. Pool is not convenient and is really outdated. No located where people are encouraged to congregate. They advertise two pools but the second one is tiny and outdated.
8. Tried to get wireless fixed in the room to no avail. Again, complete indifference by staff. Really needed the connection fixed to meet a deadline.
We will not be returning. We simply enjoy Destin/Fort Walton area better. Much better value. Better restaurant choices as well. Cleaner beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Bay Club is a vacation rental resort condominium property offering three types of accommodations, all available at daily, weekly, and monthly rates. With a three night minimum stay, we're the ideal choice for Sarasota, Siesta Key beachfront condominium vacation rentals. Enjoy the pools, sauna, spa, bay, tennis court, fishing, fitness center, and golfing. We're also conveniently located near area attractions such as the Big Cat Habitat, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Mote Marine Aquarium, St. Armands Circle, Siesta Village, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota Bradenton International Airport, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palm Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palm Bay Club Hotel Siesta Key
- Palm Bay Club
- The Palm Bay Club Siesta Key, Florida