“Destin and Fort Walton much better value”
Review of The Palm Bay Club

The Palm Bay Club
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Top Reasons to Avoid the Palm Bay Club

1. Staff are rude. The only pleasant person on staff was security guard at check-in. I have never checked out of a resort and NOT been asked how my stay was. Wow. The staff are simply indifferent.

2. Very run down for what you must pay. Elevator broken off and on our entire visit. Handle broken off faucet for washing feet leaving beach. No one attempted to fix our entire stay.

3. You have to wade through two feet of soured rain water to get to beach. No attempt to pump it out our entire stay.

4. No balcony or covered seating areas (that aren't in two feet of water after a rain). No real place to shelter or enjoy during rain storm.

5. They advertised a workout room. It is actually a small closet in the restroom with an elliptical machine and treadmill. No free weights at all.

6. Security allows obscene music to be played at pool. Not suitable for children. Heaven forbid asking a staff member to intervene.

7. Only way to walk to office/pool is via narrow street. Have to dodge workers in golf carts who seem to enjoy driving dangerously close to pedestrians. Pool is not convenient and is really outdated. No located where people are encouraged to congregate. They advertise two pools but the second one is tiny and outdated.

8. Tried to get wireless fixed in the room to no avail. Again, complete indifference by staff. Really needed the connection fixed to meet a deadline.

We will not be returning. We simply enjoy Destin/Fort Walton area better. Much better value. Better restaurant choices as well. Cleaner beaches.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JaceMan1970
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I am sad to read you did not enjoy your stat here at the Palm Bay Club.
Due to turtle season, we are only allowed to rack the beach on certain days after first receiving clearance from a Mote Employee. We follow the state laws regarding turtle season procedure and obtain our permit on an annual basis just be allowed to rack.
Both of our pools have recently been renovated and the new brick pavers that extend from the beach to the Intercostal Waterway were put in just a few years back. Our recreation room was just remodel last year and the fitness center and bathroom remodel are being discussed.
An elevator was down during your stay, and we do apologize. We called to have it repaired as soon as it went down and the 2nd elevator in the building was up and running at the time. Unfortunately, things do break, but we do our best to get them repaired as soon as possible. We were unaware of the broken handle for the shower beach but after reading your review have already ordered and replaced the part.
Once again, sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We will miss having you as a guest at our resort.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rented 044 in the tower and it was wonderful. The unit was updated, very nicely decorated and clean. The view of the ocean from the living room was nice. The kitchen was stocked extremely well (even sharp knives), with the exception of a small saucepan. Floors were tile and wood which makes so much more sense than carpet. Easy to use the steps in lieu of elevator as they were close. My only complaint is the dining room table is on the porch and it is not air conditioned so not useful in summer months. There are bar stools where you can eat indoors. Front desk staff were very nice. Convenient to beach and short walk to pool. Would definitely stay at this unit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Unit 044 is new to our rental program and very popular! I will look into the dining room table being on the patio and see if there is some rearranging we can do so the table is in a more practicable atmosphere. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Palm Bay Club. The accommodations were fabulous. Our room (#156) was clean, quiet, well stocked with necessities and very comfortable. Thank you so much for making our trip enjoyable! When the time comes to return to Sarasota we will definitely choose The Palm Bay Club.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank azgirl584

Making sure your vacation is your home away from home is what we are here to do! So glad to hear yours was enjoyable and the unit was clean and well stocked. Looking forward to having you back again... sooner than later!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I can't begin to explain how much we loved our time at the Palm Bay Club. We stayed in Unit 334 on the Bayside and I couldn't have picked a better unit. The kitchen was nicer than mine at home--remodeled with granite counter tops and the same deep sink and faucet! We were all very pleasantly surprised at the quality of 334. It was like we were staying at our own beach condo!

We went down with another couple and found that the bayside was the best place to be. It more quiet than the tower and the pool and hot tub over looking the bay was our favorite spot! Grab some drinks and some fresh seafood to grill and relax in the hot tub at sunset, what more could you want on vacation? Our rooms were well decorated and the whole unit was very comfortable and clean. We loved the patio furniture the owner's provided and waking up to watch the sun come in over the Bay from our balcony was so beautiful.

The little village has great restaurants and the free shuttle bike service is awesome, especially after a long day at the beach. We will definitely be coming back to the island and I can't wait to come with the family! It was the perfect trip with friends and I know our families will love it too.

Room Tip: The Bayside Unit 334 was fabulous! The owners clearly maintain and take pride in their complex: comf...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay – and unit – here at The Palm Bay Club. The unit owners have done a great job remodeling their unit and the Bayside suites in general do offer the most serene environment to relax in. The village is nicely located just a little over a mile away and there are many bike shuttles that will pick you up for just a few dollar tip. We look forward to seeing you – and the rest of your family – soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I hesitate to write this review, because I don't want our "little secret" to get out! My husband and I had a much needed, long overdue "romantic getaway." We have been going to Siesta Key for years, as we used to live in Sarasota, but we have never found a place to stay where we wanted to return, again. Until we stayed at The Palm Bay Club, June 8-15, that is. Perfect location, beautiful condo and friendly front desk staff. We stayed in the Grand Tower in unit 116. If you are looking for a couples-only unit, this is it. It has recently been renovated, and they overlooked nothing. This unit is beautifully appointed. We were granted an early checkin, but the front desk called us to tell us that they forgot that the realtor was showing it to potential new buyers, so we ran errands before unpacking. I certainly hope that the new buyers keep this unit on the rental program, as I would love to return here, annually, with my husband! I could live here, if there were only one more bedroom for our daughter! (But since it was a romantic getaway, it was perfect for just the two of us!) The bed was so comfortable; I wish I had thought to look to see what brand it was, because we slept better there than we have in months! There are beach towels provided for you which was also a plus. The amenities in this particular unit were nicer than many upscale hotels where we have stayed, in that they were all so beautiful. You do have to keep in mind that you have to supply your own dish detergent for the dishwasher and coffee filters for the coffeemaker - but next time we will remember to pack our own. This particular unit does not have an ocean view, which is the only thing that would make this unit "Perfect" perfect. The city view is still quite nice, and the location is fabulous. The covered parking is very nice and I just cannot find anything bad to say about The Palm Bay Club. The only "bad" thing I could say ... was that we had to leave. It is so nice to find a place to stay and want to return, and we plan on doing so before school starts back, so we can bring our daughter and her best friend. If you stay at the Palm Bay Club, you will not be disappointed. The staff was working hard, every day, to keep this building clean. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Cannot WAIT to return!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a romantic getaway, you need to book The Grand Tower Unit 116.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

The owner of unit 116 is going to be so pleased to read this. He spent so much time making this unit perfect for their renters and he is always asking if they had any feedback. The unit really is magnificent and I am glad that Palm Bay Club was able to provide you the location to have the perfect romantic getaway. I am sorry about the mix up at check in; I am personally responsible as I knew they had a 1pm showing and didn’t make myself a note. We try our best to have units ready as soon as possible so if a guest checks in early we are able to hand over keys. Again- sorry for the confusion and thank you for being so understanding. I did do a little research for you and the brand of the bed is a Sherwood Lumina Luxury Bedding Spirit. Maybe you can do some mattress shopping for your home soon. If not, we also hope if the unit sells the new owners will keep this unit on our rental program so you are able to enjoy our property ( and unit 116) year after year.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just returned yesterday, June 7. 2013 from out stay at the Palm Bay club in siesta key, FL. We will definitely be back. We were in G88 in the Grand tower and rented it from Vacation Pro Rentals the last minute. We loved it. The condo was beautiful, clean and the king size bed was fabulous. I loved the balcony as well. I recommend this to any couple. I will book my rentals through them again for sure and this location was probably the best spot around. You are close to everything and the beach us unbelievable gorgeous white powder sand and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Avblankenship

I am happy to read that other management companies who have units in The Palm Bay Club have units that are well kept. It is frustrating sometimes to read negative reviews that pertain to units that are not on our rental program and we have no control over how they are managed. It sounds like you really enjoyed your unit and the property. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a great place to stay on the island. It is right on the beach and just a short walk to town. The owners of this unit really seem to take pride in the condo. And you have to love the view of the ocean. I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Look no further than unit 28
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We love hearing our guests will return in the future. The owners of the unit you stayed in, tower gulf view 028 recently did some upgrades to their unit themselves. I know they take great pride as I personally saw them working hard to improve the unit. They will love reading your review. Thank You.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
1 mi away
Beach Club at Siesta Key
Beach Club at Siesta Key
#9 of 30 in Siesta Key

Been to The Palm Bay Club? Share your experiences!