“Still great!”
Review of The Palm Bay Club

The Palm Bay Club
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is our 11th year staying at the Palm Bay Club and I always rated it as excellent. The management and staff are fantastic and easy to deal with and for the most part I never had a problem they could not deal with. We always stay in the same unit which was redone a few years ago and is very comfortable. This year I noticed( as did other guests I talked to) the facility showing signs of detoriation.I am not against people having fun, but I am use to a quiet and laid back atmoshpere at this facility. Loud groups on the beach and in the rooms until the early hours was usual this year. Also this year there was much more overcrowding in the units than what i seen in the past. People would pull up to unload their luggage, and seeing 6 blow up beds with the luggage was not uncommon. The parking was at maximum, it was difficult finding space on the fishing dock, and by 9:00am all the beach chairs were gone. But we still had a great time and we already booked for next year. I'm hoping the overcrowding like I seen this year during our stay will not be the norm.

Room Tip: The tower is the best location when looking for a room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Another repeat guest! If you stayed after Tropical Storm Debby, I have no doubt your observations pertaining to the property are false. The staff has been working harder than ever to bring the property back to its normal finest shape. We also have many projects in the beginning stages that you should be more than impressed with once complete. The property has been tremendously busy this past year and rentals have been higher than normal. We have also noticed the overcrowding and are trying to figure out a means of controlling this. I am cheerful to hear you have already booked for next year and I look forward to seeing you then!

There are newer reviews for The Palm Bay Club

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Palm Bay Club. We stayed across the street . We were so surprised that it was a two bedroom condo. We had gotten four rooms , We could have easily stayed in two as we had 8 people. The beach was awesome and just a short walk across street. All restaurants were close enough to walk. You can also rent bikes and surf equipment close by. I loved the beach about a one and half mile down ,There is a beach that is just covered with shells. We enjoyed our stay even though we were there with tropical storm Debbie.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Sorry to hear that you had to share your vacation with Tropical Storm Debbie, but so glad that the weather didn't seem to interfere with your dining & shopping! The Bayside units are all 2 bedrooms, and just like the rest of the units on property, come with a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, & living room. The beaches are amazing when the weather is hot & sunny, and can be just as amazing during a storm. So glad your trip to Siesta Key and the Palm Bay Club was memorable and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed on the top floor of Palm Bay Club tower with its beautiful 3-way views of the Gulf. We arrived late and the night guard was helpful in getting us checked in. We were greeted with horse-fly size flying insects. Being late at night, we conquered the insects and went to bed.

The unit was clean and had all the necessities. Each condo is furnished by his or her owner, so some units were updated, some are not. The one we stayed in had deteriorated since we were there just a few years ago when the lobby and hallways were newly updated. The huge windows leaked when there was storm.

The swimming pool and Tennis courts are very nice.
The Siesta Key beach area is fabulous and a wonderful place to take kids.

Room Tip: Ask if the room in the tower has been redecorated recently.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thelma53
Shawna F, Guest Relations Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

All of our units are individually owned, and each unit owner is responsible for the replacement & upgrading of furniture & accessories. I am interested in which unit you stayed in so I can share this review with the owner. I am sorry to hear about the visitors you had upon arrival and hope they were not a problem throughout your entire stay. We are in the process of getting quotes to have the walls of the tower lobbies upgraded, however a project this big takes time to complete. We hope to see you back at the Palm Bay Club in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I visit Siesta Key for Independence Day week just about every year and this is my second stay in the palm club. I enjoy staying there because they offer the flexibility of staying only three nights or more than one week. Other places on the island require a one week minimum. I stayed in the tower but visited my friend who stayed in the condos both on the Gulf side and they are really nice and newer. The staff at the desk are friendly flexible and accommodating and the place is a great value overall. The only complaint I have is that the elevators are slow and during peak times of the day you can literally wait seven minutes for an elevator. However the view is beautiful from the higher floors and it's very convenient to just walk to the beach right outside the tower.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank arielhdz
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

All of our units are individually owned, and each unit owner is responsible for the replacement & upgrading of furniture & accessories. Therefore, each unit upgraded and remodel in each owners time frame. However, we highly encourage each owner to keep their unit up to standards and remodel whenever possible.
I am pleased to hear interaction with the front desk was both friendly and accommodating. Customer service is one of our top priorities. We hope to see you back at the Palm Bay Club in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ive been coming to palm bay club for twenty years. I have to say the tower building needs maintenance in the halls and on the walls and floors. The landscaping which has always been beautiful needs work. The beach was never raked while we're there even though all the others were. I hate to say it but next year I wil stay next door at Sarasota surf and racquets which is in great shape.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary T
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I am sorry to hear your recent stay at the Palm Bay Club was less than memorable. Your comments regarding the landscaping & beach raking are largely in part due to Tropical Storm Debbie. The staff has worked tremendously hard to get the property back in shape.
Seeing as you are a repeat guest, we hope you plan a return visit to the Palm Bay Club.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I stayed in unit 150 for 1 week in June 2012. It was a nice unit and good location for pool and beach. However, I was not impressed with the front desk staff upon checking in, didn't give me any information at all, assumed I stayed there before I guess. They weren't all that pleasant and neither the morning when we checked out. The swimming pool for the size of the complex was a joke, the fitness room consisted of only 3 pieces of equipment. We found that our unit had a terrible odor in it, had to buy air fresheners to help make the place smell nice. We couldn't find a cleaning product to save our lives, not even paper towels or windex to clean all the glass furniture in the place. I like to clean bathroom sinks more than once a week, nothing at all to freshen them up with. I mean if everyone who rented bought cleaning supplies and left them when they departed. Where are they? Can't you leave them for the next quest to use and if they use it all up, than they should replace it. We couldn't believe they counted the towels and only had 16 towels in total which included fash cloths, hand towels and bath towels to use for 1 week. Then we were suppose to wash and dry them ourselves for a cost of $3.00 a load. I didn't go on vacation to wash towels, I could have stayed home to do that. I mean don't you think the $180 a night is over the top, with no services at all. One lady at the pooled complained she couldn't even get an extra roll of tiolet tisse. I think if you're going to charge guests that much money, you better provide better services. You rates are way our over the top with out any services to meet the $180 a night, plus taxes, than cleaning cost. You be lucky to get $100 a night, that's all it's worth. We also found it to be very noisey late into the night with a security guard who should be retired by now and at least 75 years old. What kind of protection or security can someone this old provide for me and my family. What a JOKE!!!! I certainly hope you take these complaints into consideration and maybe look after your own unit instead of having unhappy clerks working at the front desk. They won't do much for your business.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TinaWP
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We are sorry to hear your stay at the Palm Bay Club was not all you had hoped it would be. I am sorry that your interaction with the front desk staff was far less than pleasant. I have reminded them that all guests are not always repeat guests and are new to the property, and some instruction of where to go is needed. Your feedback regarding the supplied inventory has already been addressed and we have increased the towels & toilet tissue we provide upon arrival.
We hope that you give our property another try.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

These are privately own condos rented thru the palm bay club. So every unit is different. We stay in a one bedroom unit with two queen beds every year, that are professionally decorated and have the most amazing view. Unit # 52 & # 98 are my favorite units in the beach front tower. These two units are kept up to date and well so well maintained. The palm bay club is my home away from home, as you have everything you could possibly need in Sarasota. The shopping is awesome and the dining is great too. Although you have a kitchen in these units that you may choose to stay in and cook, so you can enjoy the sunset right from your balcony while enjoying your wine. The grounds are kept as clean as disney, and they have pools and tennis courts and a view of the intercoastal, to watch the boats .

Room Tip: The best units in the whole complex are unit 52 and unit 98 in the tower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda C
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you are repeat guests to Siesta Key & the Palm Bay Club! Your amazing review really does point out the need to know facts about our property. Each unit is individually owned and the units you mention happen to be owned by the same owner. I have shared your review with her and I am sure it brightened her day. I am also glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the shopping & dining in the area as well as the property itself. We look forward to seeing you again next year at your "home away from home"!