“LOVE THE BEACH”

The Palm Bay Club
Grand Prairie, Texas
“LOVE THE BEACH”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Palm Bay Club. We stayed across the street . We were so surprised that it was a two bedroom condo. We had gotten four rooms , We could have easily stayed in two as we had 8 people. The beach was awesome and just a short walk across street. All restaurants were close enough to walk. You can also rent bikes and surf equipment close by. I loved the beach about a one and half mile down ,There is a beach that is just covered with shells. We enjoyed our stay even though we were there with tropical storm Debbie.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sorry to hear that you had to share your vacation with Tropical Storm Debbie, but so glad that the weather didn't seem to interfere with your dining & shopping! The Bayside units are all 2 bedrooms, and just like the rest of the units on property, come with a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, & living room. The beaches are amazing when the weather is hot & sunny, and can be just as amazing during a storm. So glad your trip to Siesta Key and the Palm Bay Club was memorable and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed on the top floor of Palm Bay Club tower with its beautiful 3-way views of the Gulf. We arrived late and the night guard was helpful in getting us checked in. We were greeted with horse-fly size flying insects. Being late at night, we conquered the insects and went to bed.

The unit was clean and had all the necessities. Each condo is furnished by his or her owner, so some units were updated, some are not. The one we stayed in had deteriorated since we were there just a few years ago when the lobby and hallways were newly updated. The huge windows leaked when there was storm.

The swimming pool and Tennis courts are very nice.
The Siesta Key beach area is fabulous and a wonderful place to take kids.

Room Tip: Ask if the room in the tower has been redecorated recently.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thelma53
Shawna F, Guest Relations Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
All of our units are individually owned, and each unit owner is responsible for the replacement & upgrading of furniture & accessories. I am interested in which unit you stayed in so I can share this review with the owner. I am sorry to hear about the visitors you had upon arrival and hope they were not a problem throughout your entire stay. We are in the process of getting quotes to have the walls of the tower lobbies upgraded, however a project this big takes time to complete. We hope to see you back at the Palm Bay Club in the future!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I visit Siesta Key for Independence Day week just about every year and this is my second stay in the palm club. I enjoy staying there because they offer the flexibility of staying only three nights or more than one week. Other places on the island require a one week minimum. I stayed in the tower but visited my friend who stayed in the condos both on the Gulf side and they are really nice and newer. The staff at the desk are friendly flexible and accommodating and the place is a great value overall. The only complaint I have is that the elevators are slow and during peak times of the day you can literally wait seven minutes for an elevator. However the view is beautiful from the higher floors and it's very convenient to just walk to the beach right outside the tower.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank arielhdz
All of our units are individually owned, and each unit owner is responsible for the replacement & upgrading of furniture & accessories. Therefore, each unit upgraded and remodel in each owners time frame. However, we highly encourage each owner to keep their unit up to standards and remodel whenever possible.
I am pleased to hear interaction with the front desk was both friendly and accommodating. Customer service is one of our top priorities. We hope to see you back at the Palm Bay Club in the near future.
Southlake, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ive been coming to palm bay club for twenty years. I have to say the tower building needs maintenance in the halls and on the walls and floors. The landscaping which has always been beautiful needs work. The beach was never raked while we're there even though all the others were. I hate to say it but next year I wil stay next door at Sarasota surf and racquets which is in great shape.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary T
I am sorry to hear your recent stay at the Palm Bay Club was less than memorable. Your comments regarding the landscaping & beach raking are largely in part due to Tropical Storm Debbie. The staff has worked tremendously hard to get the property back in shape.
Seeing as you are a repeat guest, we hope you plan a return visit to the Palm Bay Club.
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I stayed in unit 150 for 1 week in June 2012. It was a nice unit and good location for pool and beach. However, I was not impressed with the front desk staff upon checking in, didn't give me any information at all, assumed I stayed there before I guess. They weren't all that pleasant and neither the morning when we checked out. The swimming pool for the size of the complex was a joke, the fitness room consisted of only 3 pieces of equipment. We found that our unit had a terrible odor in it, had to buy air fresheners to help make the place smell nice. We couldn't find a cleaning product to save our lives, not even paper towels or windex to clean all the glass furniture in the place. I like to clean bathroom sinks more than once a week, nothing at all to freshen them up with. I mean if everyone who rented bought cleaning supplies and left them when they departed. Where are they? Can't you leave them for the next quest to use and if they use it all up, than they should replace it. We couldn't believe they counted the towels and only had 16 towels in total which included fash cloths, hand towels and bath towels to use for 1 week. Then we were suppose to wash and dry them ourselves for a cost of $3.00 a load. I didn't go on vacation to wash towels, I could have stayed home to do that. I mean don't you think the $180 a night is over the top, with no services at all. One lady at the pooled complained she couldn't even get an extra roll of tiolet tisse. I think if you're going to charge guests that much money, you better provide better services. You rates are way our over the top with out any services to meet the $180 a night, plus taxes, than cleaning cost. You be lucky to get $100 a night, that's all it's worth. We also found it to be very noisey late into the night with a security guard who should be retired by now and at least 75 years old. What kind of protection or security can someone this old provide for me and my family. What a JOKE!!!! I certainly hope you take these complaints into consideration and maybe look after your own unit instead of having unhappy clerks working at the front desk. They won't do much for your business.

1 Thank TinaWP
We are sorry to hear your stay at the Palm Bay Club was not all you had hoped it would be. I am sorry that your interaction with the front desk staff was far less than pleasant. I have reminded them that all guests are not always repeat guests and are new to the property, and some instruction of where to go is needed. Your feedback regarding the supplied inventory has already been addressed and we have increased the towels & toilet tissue we provide upon arrival.
We hope that you give our property another try.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2012

These are privately own condos rented thru the palm bay club. So every unit is different. We stay in a one bedroom unit with two queen beds every year, that are professionally decorated and have the most amazing view. Unit # 52 & # 98 are my favorite units in the beach front tower. These two units are kept up to date and well so well maintained. The palm bay club is my home away from home, as you have everything you could possibly need in Sarasota. The shopping is awesome and the dining is great too. Although you have a kitchen in these units that you may choose to stay in and cook, so you can enjoy the sunset right from your balcony while enjoying your wine. The grounds are kept as clean as disney, and they have pools and tennis courts and a view of the intercoastal, to watch the boats .

Room Tip: The best units in the whole complex are unit 52 and unit 98 in the tower.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda C
I am so happy to hear that you are repeat guests to Siesta Key & the Palm Bay Club! Your amazing review really does point out the need to know facts about our property. Each unit is individually owned and the units you mention happen to be owned by the same owner. I have shared your review with her and I am sure it brightened her day. I am also glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the shopping & dining in the area as well as the property itself. We look forward to seeing you again next year at your "home away from home"!
Washington dc
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am staying in unit 153 it has some newer amenities such as fridge, tv, sofa. But the bedroom is what makes people feel good about a place. I own two condos and would never have my grandmas left over linens on the bed. And the wall paper must go if it's falling down! The room is over 180$ a night, not the ritz price but should be fairly decent considering the draw that this area brings. I see no reason a property owner could not invest in buying a decent set of sheets, pillows, and blankets once a year. The location is fantastic for sure, the property is set up beautifully but having returning guests is the most important, and feeling clean in the bed is #1!

Room Tip: Ask for specific photos of the bedrooms and when they were last updated. There looked like some very...
1 Thank Jennifer D
, Guest Relations Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am so happy to hear that despite Tropical Storm Debby, you were still able to say our property is set up beautifully! I hope the rain did not stop you from having a great time on vaction.

Regarding the indivdual unit, all of our units are individually owned, and therefore each unit owner is responsible for the replacement & upgrading of furniture & accessories. We have shared your review with the owner of unit 153 but we do know that they are already in the process of scheduling work to be done this fall.

As you say, returning guests is most important, and we hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
The Capri at Siesta
The Capri at Siesta
#2 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to The Palm Bay Club? Share your experiences!