“Hidden Bargain in Siesta Key Village”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed November 30, 2010

i stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend and this was the cheapest I could fund. I usually stay in crescent Beach but at $375 for 4 days in Siesta Key Village, I could not pass up this resort, so I gave it a try. i arrived really early and my room was not available. The front desk staff allowed me to stow my bag in the reception arrive, gave me a beach towel and arranged for a chair on the beach. After a few hours tanning in the sun before Thanksgiving dinner, I was given my room assignment in Room 143. It was a really tiny room, with a small stand up shower and a small TV , microwave and compact fridge. The doors that lead into the room are french doors with white curtains to cover the glass but with the ceiling fan on, the curtains do fly open. Also, if you are a light sleeper like me, there are no blackout curtains on thew window and the adjoining building has lights that stay on all night and illuminate your room when trying to sleep. The bed was not the most comfortable in the world, but then again, it's what you get for the price. The building is beautiful as were the other rooms in the building. The pool was wonderful...had an outdoor bathroom, shower and barbeque grills. It was only one block to the beach and one block to the bars---that is something that you just can't beat. Next time, I hope to get one of the better rooms...there were many to choose from, just not Room 143!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Tropical Breeze Resort

Reviewed November 26, 2010

My husband and I just spent a marvelous week at this resort - spacious and clean rooms, and ours had a modern kitchen. We were only steps away from Siesta Key Beach (the second most beautiful beach in the US) and steps away from marvelous restaurants, bars and shops too. The staff was very accommodating and friendly; and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

They charge a $100 fee if you do not return the parking passes. Also we were charged a $200 fee after checking out because they said there was "a strong ciggarette smell" in our room.... Never smoked in the room!! Awefull experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great staff, excellent location, beautiful beach, great restaurants, and night life all within walking distance... Web site dosen't do it justice... Can't wait to go back!...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I didn't have any place to stay in mind when I set out to visit Siesta Key because I hadn't been there before. I found this place - great price, loved the room, very clean, staff friendly; and it's very close to the nightlife! I will definitely stay again and have been telling my friends and family about the place!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Being from Miami,we weren't really familiar with the Siesta Key area, so when looking on-line for a hotel, we relied on website pictures and location to the beach. Unfortunately, the first night we stayed at another hotel that was very deceiving on-line. Very dirty and old and damp. Sadly we just felt dirty being there. But we stayed the one night to avoid being charged anyway. That same night, as we were checking out the sights, we saw the Tropical Breeze Resort! So we decided to go in to see what it was like. As soon as we walked into the office we knew we were home! Very clean and fresh! Kimberly greeted us, listened to our story about the other place and showed us one of their available rooms. As soon as we saw the room, we booked it for the following night! It was just their "Standard King". A smaller room, but, it was beautiful! All new and fresh. And,really, plenty of room! Tile floors, very modern, but still a very islandy feel. Granite counter top with fridge and microwave. Very nice bathroom, with cabinets and plenty of space. The grounds are really pretty and its only a 2 min. walk to the beach. I believe there are 3 pools,too, but the beach was so beautiful, we never made it ti the pool. All of the restaurants and bars are right there! Everything is within walking distance. We really didn't want to leave! They also have suites and cottages for larger groups. And very reasonable. The ENTIRE staff was wonderful! We're already planning a trip, with friends, in December. Tropical Breeze Resort is the only way to go!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The location near the beach and shopping village and the unit layout with kitchen facilities and swimming pool had all the ingredients for a relaxed and pleasant stay. That's the big picture. Now for the detail. Our family of 3 adults and one baby were welcomed by two large cockroaches and later that evening one more in the bed. During the night we discovered that the bedroom window was located above the pool filter which ran 24/7. The next day the matter was raised with management and I was made to feel that I was the only person who had ever complained about the pool filter noise. We declined to have the unit sprayed with insect repellent because of the baby. Other annoying features included not having any coat hangers in the closet, no remote control for a cable TV, broken towel racks, slime on the blinds above the bath tub, one day missing the room refresh service, quite soiled lounge chairs, squeaky doors etc. If you drink beer all day and like sitting around the pool then this place may be fine for you as you should be able to sleep soundly over the pool filter noise and not mind the odd cockroach taking a detour across your body.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family