“Unreasonable fees”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed November 11, 2010

They charge a $100 fee if you do not return the parking passes. Also we were charged a $200 fee after checking out because they said there was "a strong ciggarette smell" in our room.... Never smoked in the room!! Awefull experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great staff, excellent location, beautiful beach, great restaurants, and night life all within walking distance... Web site dosen't do it justice... Can't wait to go back!...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I didn't have any place to stay in mind when I set out to visit Siesta Key because I hadn't been there before. I found this place - great price, loved the room, very clean, staff friendly; and it's very close to the nightlife! I will definitely stay again and have been telling my friends and family about the place!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Being from Miami,we weren't really familiar with the Siesta Key area, so when looking on-line for a hotel, we relied on website pictures and location to the beach. Unfortunately, the first night we stayed at another hotel that was very deceiving on-line. Very dirty and old and damp. Sadly we just felt dirty being there. But we stayed the one night to avoid being charged anyway. That same night, as we were checking out the sights, we saw the Tropical Breeze Resort! So we decided to go in to see what it was like. As soon as we walked into the office we knew we were home! Very clean and fresh! Kimberly greeted us, listened to our story about the other place and showed us one of their available rooms. As soon as we saw the room, we booked it for the following night! It was just their "Standard King". A smaller room, but, it was beautiful! All new and fresh. And,really, plenty of room! Tile floors, very modern, but still a very islandy feel. Granite counter top with fridge and microwave. Very nice bathroom, with cabinets and plenty of space. The grounds are really pretty and its only a 2 min. walk to the beach. I believe there are 3 pools,too, but the beach was so beautiful, we never made it ti the pool. All of the restaurants and bars are right there! Everything is within walking distance. We really didn't want to leave! They also have suites and cottages for larger groups. And very reasonable. The ENTIRE staff was wonderful! We're already planning a trip, with friends, in December. Tropical Breeze Resort is the only way to go!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The location near the beach and shopping village and the unit layout with kitchen facilities and swimming pool had all the ingredients for a relaxed and pleasant stay. That's the big picture. Now for the detail. Our family of 3 adults and one baby were welcomed by two large cockroaches and later that evening one more in the bed. During the night we discovered that the bedroom window was located above the pool filter which ran 24/7. The next day the matter was raised with management and I was made to feel that I was the only person who had ever complained about the pool filter noise. We declined to have the unit sprayed with insect repellent because of the baby. Other annoying features included not having any coat hangers in the closet, no remote control for a cable TV, broken towel racks, slime on the blinds above the bath tub, one day missing the room refresh service, quite soiled lounge chairs, squeaky doors etc. If you drink beer all day and like sitting around the pool then this place may be fine for you as you should be able to sleep soundly over the pool filter noise and not mind the odd cockroach taking a detour across your body.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding (didn't really have a choice in the matter) and our room felt like a really old apartment that needed to be gutted - basically a dump. Dirty old mini blinds, dirty old kitchen appliances, and ants in the kitchen. I had no idea there were nicer rooms here...if I had I would have asked for those. I thought I would never come back until I looked at the web site just now, and maybe now I would give it a second chance, but only if we could stay in the rooms they picture on the Web site. Be wary.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelinGirl36
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am a Floridian who had never been to Siesta Key before so we decided to take a "Staycation" this year because we wanted to bring the dogs and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Tropical Breeze Resort is much nicer than the photo's online. The rate was great, the location was awesome and the room was much nicer than I expected. The sheets were very clean as well as the towels in the bathroom, which for me is the most important thing. The staff was friendly and did I mention the location. If you have the ability to bring your bike, do so. We walked everywhere but if you were staying a bit you may want to take a bike ride and may need grocercies from the food market so a bike with a basket would be ideal. Still so close you can carry two or three bags with ease walking. I may elect to pick a better week next time as several of the restaraunts were closed for vacation but there were still plenty of places to eat, drink, dance and have a good time. This place really is pet friendly, they did not beat us up over rules for the dogs but we are responsible pet lovers and do pick up after our animals but they did not know that at first and the pet fee was VERY reasonable. We will be back, maybe with one or two other couples and get one of the bigger rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple