“Perfect Location But Renovations Were A Hassle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Weekday Special
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Location But Renovations Were A Hassle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

TBR is at the ideal spot at SK. It is perfectly placed between the beach and the restaurants/bars. No driving required. However, I was disappointed with the renovations being done. Mid way through our week long stay, the paver stones leading to our room and in front of our door were removed without any notification and made for a real mess when coming back from the beach (wet sand and mud). After notifying the front desk and speaking with facilities, the contractor doing the stone work came back and laid a few pavers down so we at least had a walkway. But when we returned to our room later that evening after dinner, the pavers had been picked up again. Facilities had to re-lay the stones at 12:30 that night. I was disappointed that this renovation work was being done during our stay. From our check-in, we should have been put in a room away from this type of work. Additionally, both the bedroom door and closet door were broken and off their hinges. Not that big of a deal since we spent most of our time at the beach, but still a hassle to deal with for a week-long stay. Regarding the wi-fi, although it was free it was very spotty. It really only worked in one part of the room. So while nice to have, it was difficult to use the service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David S
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort. We continually work on upgrading the resort for our guests. With Siesta Key being such a beautiful beach destination, it's always a challenge to schedule any renovations. However, we never want to inconvenience our guests and I am truly sorry that these landscaping improvements were a disruption. I hope that you will stay with us again when making plans to visit Siesta Key. I can assure you all renovations will be done.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at the Tropical Breeze for 4 days. Before arriving the staff decorated my room for my birthday with balloons, happy birthday sign, and two bottles of wine that my sister shipped to them. The staff was very friendly and allowed us to check in 5 HOURS early (who does that these days?)

I stayed in a standard room with a king bed (Room 111) and it was absolutely perfect for what I needed. It had plenty of space for my sister and I with a full size Frig, flat screen TV, very nice bathroom, seperate room for a dresser with a clothes rack, iron & ironing board, and 2 complimentary beach chairs for us to use free of charge, also a microwave with a full length of cabinets for oodles of storage.

Location couldn't have been better, we were walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, and most importantly the beach. I personnally loved the all the shells and the landscaping on the property. Why would you walk around barefoot anyway when there are shells everywhere. Landscaping was beautiful in my opinion. I will say that I wasn't impressed with the size of the 3 pools, but I spent my time in the open water so it wasn't a big issue for me. They also had very large BBQ grills all throughout the resort and I loved the huts you could sit under and just chill out with a drink and talk to other guests.

I do wish they had more choices for the breakfast, (for example boiled eggs would have been nice or donuts). If you like lobster, check out the Lobster Pot, the bartender Tony is wonderful and the food is very tasty as well. It is located maybe a block away from the resort. And the Strawberry Daiquiri Deck has 2 for 1 drinks from 3-7 daily. Yummy!!

I can't say enough good things about the staff, they went out of their way to make my birthday unforgettable with the help of my lovely sister. They were always friendly when I called and always smiled.

I most definitely plan on returning and the staff mentioned they give discounts to returning customers so that is even more of reason to go back. I have great memories of Siesta Key thanks to the staff at Tropical Breeze Resort, I can't wait to be able to go back.

Room Tip: Room 111 if you are looking to stay in a standard room with a king bed. It is attached to the offic...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MARVOE74
We were so pleased that you had such a nice birthday when staying with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort. We had a lot of fun decorating your room before your arrival. It was so nice of your sister to go to such great lengths to send us everything for your special day. Please come back and see us again, hopefully before your next birthday! Thanks again for staying with us!
Round Hill, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We love Tropical Breeze Resort. You cannot beat the location. There are plenty of various room needs to choose from. This is our second stay there. Our room this time was adequate although it needs some minor attention, I would stay again. I do believe the staff was overwhelmed over a holiday beach weekend during Sunday room turnovers, but that will not keep us from not returning. The prices are reasonable and the location is perfect. If you want 5 star pay for 5 star.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This was a great location for its price but that was about it. The regular rooms were very small. The exterior looks very unkempt. Te landscaping was horrible for bare feet especially when the ocean is only a block away- broken shells! Geeze.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We have many different room types, maybe a one bedroom suite would better suit your needs in the future; they feature a separate bedroom and full kitchen. I didn't read any specifics about service, so I can't really respond except to say that I am truly sorry if our staff was less than outstanding. Our goal is for complete guest satisfaction. Being near the beach comes with shells, unfortunately we can't get away from them. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will try us again in the future.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Tropical Breeze was the perfect place for our beach vacation. Our room was clean, comfortable and the fully operating kitchen was a definite plus. The location of the hotel is unbelievable- 1 block from the main street of Siesta Key, and 2 blocks from the beach. We were able to stroll throughout the neighborhood at our leisure and never even touched our car. Their bicycle rentals are wonderful! I highly recommend renting bikes!

I cant wait to go back to Siesta Key!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here many times and absolutely recommend it. Nice large rooms with plenty of amenities. Some rooms have lanais and the resort is a short walk from the water. Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
We thank you so much for being loyal guests at the Tropical Breeze Resort. We appreciate your comments and your continued business. We look forward to your return!!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend at Tropical Breeze for our anniversary from Tampa. Our one bedroom cottage was perfect and just steps away from the beach. The staff helped us when needed but some were more friendly than others. Great getaway!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple