“Lovely cottage, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Breeze Resort

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Gainesville, Florida
“Lovely cottage, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent a weekend here, and enjoyed the accommodations. The hotel is actually multiple buildings of different styles, from efficiency rooms to palatial villas. The staff were awesome, and even thought our thermostat broke, they quickly had someone out to replace it and cool us back off. The area and beach were paradise, *and* the hotel was pet friendly. It's typical Florida small town beach, and the motel does not disappoint.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments but more importantly we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again when visiting from Gainesville, maybe next time you can spend more than a weekend at this beautiful location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Summerfield, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place takes up a whole block, close to everything, walking distance to beach, shopping & eating places. You have your choice of what kind of room you want, clean, great service, friendly staff. Pricing is appropriate for what time of year you are staying, so a bargain on off season.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank laceynes
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our third visit to Tropical Breeze and we can't wait to go back! We arrived on Memorial Day and the resort was packed with guests. We reserved a king suite and when we went in, we did not care for it. Being repeat guests, and after staying in the Honeymoon Suite we expected more. It was not a remodeled room. I picked up the phone and the nice girl in the office said that she had only two other suites available and to go take a look. We chose suite 101 near the office, it was small, but clean and lovely. The next day I spoke to Trista and she offered us any other suite that was available as the resort quieted down from the holiday weekend. We were already settled in our room and although it wasn't as big as the other suites we stayed in, again, it was lovely. Tropical Breeze has it all, great staff, the best location, and that private beach. If you need to have a relaxing, beach vacation, this is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Go for the King Suite with porch.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank di925
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We had two nights here and enjoyed every minute..perfect location and our suite was beautiful..full kitchen..one bedroom..full bath..very very clean and you can't beat the location. We will be back..already making reservations for October ..thanks to the staff..high fives all around!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sherrybrooks
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Tropical Breeze Resort and for your glowing review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return! Call us directly for a repeat guest rate.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I forgot some of my groceries that I left in the car. It was 11 pm. The room key was a credit card type that you swipe, and was working fin all afternoon and evening. I put the card in my pocket and went to my car, when I got back the card key did not work. I did not have my wallet, phone or glasses on me. I tried the windows to see if one was open not that lucky. So I walked down to the office that was closed. They had numbers to call but were to small to read without my glasses. I was up all nite Mosquitos and all. It was a living hell. I was furious!!!
Finally the maintenance guy got there at 7am he let me in and I asked him if this happens much and he was honest and told me yes all the time. So when the manager got in she said that the number was posted (I needed glasses to see it) and that she could not refund money for that day so this is fair warning.

Room Tip: Don't do it!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank Gordon B
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We are so sorry that you were locked out of your suite after the office was closed. It happens very rarely and we have an emergency number posted to assist our guests after hours. Someone would have been here in a matter of minutes. With the constant police presence and proximity to the restaurants next door, I'm so sorry that someone couldn't have helped you read the emergency numbers. We will make sure that all of our emergency information is clearly readable.
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is an interesting little place, with a variety of properties of various sizes within close proximity of the beach and the shopping and restaurant areas. This is easily one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and it is literally a 5 min walk away from the resort.

Because I stayed at this place 20 year and loved it then and have now returned, I wanted to be able to give it a higher rating. But while we found our accommodations comfortable, I think I struggled with a couple of things. First, the overall condition of our unit felt a little dated and/or worn. Not in disrepair, but not quite as "fresh" as it could have been either. For example, the grout in the shower stall was stained with a bit of mould in the corners, not a lot, but still it could have been cleaner. And our bath towels looked they had passed their expiry date a while ago and/or could have used a good hot water wash with bleach.

The efficiency unit was stocked with everything we needed, pots and pans, utensils etc. including a toaster and a blender and a bottle opener too. The stove was a good size and so was the fridge. The air conditioning was excellent and so were the three ceiling fans.

The courtyard was really nice but I also felt that the walk ways good have used a daily sweep from the housecleaning or grounds staff. The fact that they did not get swept during the 4 days we were there was rather surprising to me.

Oh, and the pool was really nice. The kids and I really enjoyed taking a dip in the pool after a swim at the beach.

As for customer service, the ladies at the front office were professional and efficient at check in, but not overly friendly or very welcoming either. I thought maybe I'd caught them at a bad time, but they were equally cool when I went to get beach towels and at check out. Maybe I was spoiled by Disney's customer service on this trip, but the ladies in the office could take a lesson or two from the Disney folks for sure.

I really like Tropical Breeze Resort. It is in a perfect location, close to the beach and everything else you need in a "beach holiday". And the resort itself has a lot of potential. I'd definitely consider going again too, but I hope that they will pay attention to some of the finer details in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank DaveandBeverley
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Tropical Breeze Resort. I appreciate your comments. You will be happy to know that guests' suggestions don't go unnoticed and we are doing exactly what you pointed out, we are updating all of our units so everything will be "fresh" and not "dated". You can feel confident when making your future reservations that the items mentioned have been addressed and corrected. Thanks again for your continued patronage!
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The beach is steps away. the shops, restaurants, and activities easy walking (strolling) distance. The staff is very courteous and always available. While units are older, some small, some spacious, the units are clean and well maintained. The neighborhood is quiet and serene. Tiki Huts are spaced throughout the property so you can enjoy the evening. There simply was no down side to this stay!

Room Tip: There are many different sizes and areas. Look at the site map and request where you want to be.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johng1351
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being in the heart of Siesta Key Village is a huge asset when visiting the area, no need for a car! Thank you so much for staying with us, we look forward to your return.