“Nice little place”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
“Nice little place”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Pros:

1. Great location - you really can't get any closer to the beach, or downtown Siesta Key. Everything is within walking distance.
2. Cleanliness - the room was clean, and looked like it had been renovated somewhat recently.
3. Affordable - pricing was relatively decent, especially considering the prime location
4. Wifi - you know you're on vacation, but you just can't unplug COMPLETELY. The wifi is a nice addition here

Cons

1. Room size - this wasn't a huge deal to me, since honestly, how much time are you going to be spending in your room while visiting this place - but I could see how the room might be a bit cramped.
2. Aesthetics - something else that wasn't a huge deal for me, but there isn't any central air. A huge AC unit can be seen hangout out of the wall from outside, and it was definitely noisy. It did the job though, and we were definitely comfortable in the room.

That's about it. The pros certainly outweigh the cons, and honestly, this is a beachside property. You won't be spending much time in the room anyway. Go enjoy yourself. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The rooms were great, had a little kitchen, very clean and comfortable. I had a room that had a private entrance so I could hang out outside without people walking by me. The beach was a little disapointing because it was sectioned off and you could not walk down the rest of the beach because other resorts owned it. Although the beach wasnt that fascinating, Siesta Keys beach and Turtle beach are not far, so I ended up going there. Great location and not bad for the price. All in all, if you have a rental vehicle(been to sarasota 8 times), I would recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liz B
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Tropical Beach Resort exceeded all of my expectations! I really struggled with booking a place since this was my first trip to Siesta Key and being close to the beach and the village was a must for me. The location could not be more perfect! Did not need a car for the entirety of our trip and everything was so convenient. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was updated nicely and worked out perfectly for 3 adults. The room was very clean and quiet. I dealt with 4 or 5 different staff members throughout our stay and all were super friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a truly relaxing get away! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a suite if you want to have a living room that is separate from the kitchen area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Erin S
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Tropical Breeze Resort. The room was really tiny, I stayed there myself so it was ok but with two people staying in the room it would have been crowded. The room was quite basic but including a refridgerator. WiFi was mostly not working inside the room. Although my room was quite small there were a large public room outside with sofas, tables etc. Next door outside was a small but nice poolarea. It´s basic but cozy.

My reservation didn´t say breakfast was complimentary but when I arrived at the hotel I was told breakfast was complimentary. The first morning I couldn´t find where breakfast was served. It turned out that "breakfast" was served in the reception. All they had was a coffeemachine and muffins!! I wouldn´t call that breakfast, no good! However there´s a nice café two minutes walk away.

The location is really good. There´s a beach right next to the hotellarea and the main beach in the village is 2 km away, Most restaurants in the village are just a few minutes walk away. The hotell complex is quite big with lots of different houses in a large area. It actually took a while before I found the reception on arrival.

Considering it´s a 2* you can not expect a luxury hotell. It´s basic but I did though find the Tropical Breeze Resort to be a really cozy place. Since the room rates are quite low it´s a good deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Stig-Helmer
Tropical B, Director of Sales at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2016
We are in the process of upgrading our WIFI network and cable to HD for all of our units. We have also ended our complimentary breakfast, and we are actively working with local restaurants to provide an exclusive discount for Tropical Breeze guests. We hope to this available soon.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really neat collection of small homes close to the beach and close to Siesta Key Village. You don't feel like you're staying in a hotel. Great for a long stay, multiple gas grills to do your own cooking and multiple swimming pools for when you are tired of the beach. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brian K
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute vacation here and were very fortunate to have found somewhere that accepted our pets. We stayed in one of the pet-friendly 100s rooms (most of our neighbors had pets, so avoid if you don't like animals). The room was kind of small and dated, but functional and clean. Very close to one of the more private beaches on Siesta Key and the village with its restaurants and surf shops. The staff was very nice and helpful. But the complimentary "continental breakfast" was pitiful--vending machine snacks? Lol. Luckily our room had cooking utensils and we were able to make a real breakfast. Overall, just like the other reviews say, you're paying for the location and hospitable staff at this relaxed place. :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank cmhawkins
London
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the labour weekend and it was perfect for what we wanted. We could take our friends dog with us. It was so close to the beach and also the bars and restaurants. It had a nice pool which was very refreshing after a day by the beach. The apartments are quite small but fine for what we needed. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed September 2013