“This place has Character!”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Milan, Italy
“This place has Character!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Tropical Breeze is in a great location. It is right between the beach and the little main street in Siesta Key. It is old but kept up nicely. We were very happy with the accommodations. We did not use the beach chairs but the pool was clean.
It was a little pricey. The website has much lower "starting prices" so we were a little taken back with the difference when we pulled up... but that is what we get for not calling first. In any case, I would go back and recommend it to anyone who likes to not take the car everywhere and wants a place with character.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
We appreciate your kind review of our property! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Florida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Sweetwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is OLD. Clean, but OLD. The beach is the attraction here! A block from the beach, and the beach is awesome. Take along an umbrella and beach chairs, and a small cooler and enjoy. Same setup to watch the sunset! Incredible. One block in the opposite direction is the "Village", plenty there. (Check my other reviews) The hotel, in another location would rate a 1, did I say it is old? Old breaks! Broken door, clogged up drains in front of our door created a "Flood", 6-8" of water to walk thruogh to our room. Kitchen stove broke, dishes, pots and silverware limited, broke and old. 2 bedroom was small. Love seat for a sleeper couch, foldout bed and livingroom overtook the dining room. Sand and slime (no floor mats) on ceramic tile floor, good AC mixed with humidity helped slime, shower spit water with no pressure, bathroom was smaller than a cruise ship cabin's! Continental breakfast? Coffee and juice with access to vending machine pastries. On the pricey side to boot! BUT, the beach is great, so if the focus is there, and you can accept the rest, a great time could be had. If you have the funds, the Cottages are Very nice! (big bucks) Private houses are available to rent in this area as well.

Room Tip: Look at what they have online. The Cottages are pricey, but the one I saw was AMAZING! ($500 a night...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments Jerry. No questions we are an older property but I certainly want to address your comments about the suite. I will have the pots/pans/dishes replenished immediately, we try to always provide enough kitchen equipment for every room. That's an easy fix, what is not is the size of the units. I'm sorry if you had a smaller unit. Hopefully the location makes up for that because typically our guests don't spend much time in their rooms. But, I really appreciate your comments, we are always striving to make our resort better. Thank you for staying with us, I hope that you will return when in the Siesta Key area.
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Resort? Are you kidding???

On the positive:

A/C was cool enough
Location os close to beach and restaurants

On the negative:

Grounds are not clean
Public bathrooms are filthy and unstocked
Only 6-9 beach chairs available
No ice machine there but was told I could go to 7-11 and buy some
Uncomfortable bed
Room was not very clean and I had to clean the vent for the a/c return
The staff at the desk had negative attitude when we complained about no chairs and suggested renting some

We left a day early. Too bad they were so negative. I will not rent there nor suggest it to anyone.

Really??? “They call this a resort”?

Room Tip: No suggestions for this place
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear John and Sue, we do appreciate your comments. I'm sorry if our resort didn't meet your expectations. We really try to accommodate every guest and all requests. I tried to explain the beach chair situation but I understand your frustration. Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry you felt you needed to leave early. I hope that you enjoyed your visit to the Sarasota area.
Moscow
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Alright, it is a different set up for a resort or hotel but anyone who complains about this place needs to be tied to a chair and watch reruns of Elvis Presley beach movies! It's clean, close to the beach, great staff (both Joses are awesome!) who are willing to ensure a great stay and close to bars / restaurants. What else does anyone need on a beach vacation?
If I were to suggest any improvement it would be to upgrade the sleeper sofa mattress, but then again I've never slept on a comfortable pullout sofa mattress.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool house are updated and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Tropical Breeze Resort. I have shared your kind words to both Jose's! The entire staff works very hard and I'm glad their efforts are appreciated. Great news......your comments have been heard and we are ordering new sofa sleepers for the units you stayed in. We are always working to improve our resort. Your comfort and satisfaction remain a priority. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your return!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I cannot say anymore about this resort! If your looking for the Ritz or a Hyatt with someone waiting on you, this is not for you! But, if you're looking to get away to a nice little getaway at affordable prices, this is for you! My wife, myself, and 16 month old daughter checked in on a Thursday by the exceptionally nice girls at the desk and were given directions and answered all our questions a the desk. We had the efficiency room which was perfect for us. It was clean and equipped with towels, silverware, and clean sheets. Also, a nice big fridge for our drinks What else do you need! There was sand on the tile floor but we didn't mind, we were a block from the beach. The location is what we really love, we did not have to get in our car the whole weekend. Restaurants, shops, bars, pool, and beach is all less than a couple blocks away. We love this place and can't wait to come back for our wedding anniversary. This is our new getaway stop! One thing i do wish they would do was to have some sort of frequent stay program..If you accumulate so many days you get 50% off a night or even a free night...But regardless, we love this place!

Room Tip: We loved the efficiency room we stayed in, room 156. But if you want a 1 bedroom suite, the purple c...
1 Thank Ryan K
It sounds like you had a great "Getaway Weekend" at our resort, Tropical Breeze. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are certainly correct in saying that we are not the Ritz or the Hyatt, but that's what makes our resort unique, our location, accommodations and staff. Nothing fancy, but friendly staff, clean rooms and a great location! I look forward to your next visit to Siesta Key!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading negative reviews about the hotel not being clean, chairs being unavailable, being moved from room to room... I was just blown away by what I found to be the exact opposite. One said to request a renovated room, "all rooms except one are renovated" is what I was told. Chairs? First come first serve, they are limited, but it was the last of my concerns. And as far as cleanliness... Everything down to the sidewalk was spotless! I looked for something to confirm negative reviews, the only thing I found worth complaining about was the breakfast. It was packaged pastries and muffins. OJ and apple juice, coffee and oatmeal. But hey, it's Complimentary. I still enjoyed the choices given. The front desk clerk, Maree I believe, was the nicest person ever. Patricia was very helpful when we ran into difficulties. The room was spotless! The 160's are the closest to the beach. And 163, I believe was the best room to have. The pools were never crowded, and the location was the best! Close to the beach, close to the village. But not in a noisy area. We had a one bedroom suite, totally worth it. They give a AAA as well. Check-in however isn't until 3pm because they want the rooms to be as clean as possible, and they will hold your luggage if you want to go grab a bite to eat while you wait. Anyways, ignore the bad reviews, I promise you will not regret this choice.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Mfcamp02
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. All comments are appreciated and it's always nice to share great comments with the staff. I'm so pleased that we exceeded your expections, our staff works extremely hard to ensure every guest is satisfied with their accommodations and our resort as a whole. We look forward to your next visit! Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great value and excellent location, within walking distance from the beach and siesta village. Place was clean and basic although it felt like a garage that was converted into a small studio. Daily continental breakfast, housekeeping, full kitchen and pool towels were an added bonus. Blanca did a great job cleaning our unit on d 3rd day. I would suggest a retractable clothesline in the shower for wet swimsuits, better nonstick pots, (teflon on all pots were all scratched up), outlet plugs missing by the nightstand (no light source) and by the TV (couldn't plug DVD player ). Pls fix the front door/knob, it was frustrating trying to open from the inside. Other than those small "suggestions", we had a great time in siesta key and tropical breeze.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Tropical Breeze Resort. I appreciate your comments/suggestions and have taken care of the items you mentioned in regards to your suite. I hope to see you again when visiting the Siesta Key area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!