WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Fort lauderdale, FL
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here to attend a wedding. I wasn't sure what to expect as all the reservations were made for us. We had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen and livingroom. Absolutely loved the location! A short walk to the beautiful beaches of Siesta Key as well as Siesta Village. Once we parked the car we never had to drive anywhere. It's the perfect place for a relaxing beach trip. Our room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed. It is not a luxury hotel, so if you are expecting that type of experience, this may not be the right place for you. The area is beautiful and clean with great restaurants,bars,shopping within walking distance. Our unit had a little BBQ area in the courtyard for outdoor cooking. The full size kitchen made it great for storing food for the beach. We will definately be staying here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of the Tropical Breeze Resort. You summarized our resort beautifully.....not the Ritz but we provide clean comfortable rooms, friendly service and the best location between the Gulf of Mexico and Siesta Key Village. We look forward to your return to the West Coast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights here for a mini getaway before he starts spring training in Clearwater. It was excellent. I didn't know what to expect because yes, the reviews are all over the place. We stayed in 172. It was like a mini apartment with dishes, microwave, fridge, coffee maker with coffee, dining room table & a separate bedroom (king size) and bathroom. The room was very clean and neat. We were a 2 second walk to the beach. Yes, you need to wake early to get chairs - but there are also always some chairs left on the beach that were unoccupied to use which was nice. The beach wasn't crowded and it seemed almost private. If you walk a ways down towards cresent it's VERY over populated and not as nice. This was PRIME location. Walk to the beach and walk to the market, restaurants and shopping. The staff was very nice. We will def be back. For the price - you can't beat the location. For people who compain that things are "outdated" get over it..... If you want fancy and brand new- stay at the Marriott. This is a true gem/beach find. We will spread the word and def keep coming back.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patricia C, General Manager at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your positive review! I am very happy that you enjoyed your getaway at the Tropical Breeze Resort. It's true, we are nothing fancy, but we provide clean and comfortable accommodations our location can't be beat! I'm glad that you appreciate our little "slice of heaven" and look forward to seeing you again when visiting Siesta Key!
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The resort does not have a room 176. My family has stayed there multiple times and we love it. The fact that it is in residential area is a big seller. Would you rather be out by the young teens?
I'm just saying if you are going to write a horrible review put down the right information.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked a room at this resort based on a acquaintance's recommendation. It is not a resort. There are many units scattered between private residences. There are two company caretakers- the Commerce Bank holdings are very poor, and the others are better cared for. The standard room for 149.00, had a standard double bed ( terrible mattress) and looked very tired and was SMALL. We upgraded to the 1 bedroom/ kitchenette for 200.00. It too was very tired. I had to go to the office for a lightbulb, hairdryer, house phone and clothes hangers. The furniture is worn and dirty. the maid service did not sweep the floors ( sand is the problem). The sliding glass door did not always slide open and the screen door did not move. The good- we actually had a gulf view and were close to the beach- this is the 176 unit. We were in easy walking distance to a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants. So the decision is if the downtown Siesta Key proximity is worth the down side of these particular units. The pretty pink beach house and pool is deeper into the neighbor hood. In general, the accommodations are not what I would book again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drakem55
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate all comments and feedback. We recognize their are differences between units and we will be doing renovations this year to the suites that need upgrading. Our first improvement in those units will be replacement of the furniture. It's true, our property is a bit spread out but I hope you enjoyed the incredible location between the beach and Siesta Key Village. The building you were in isn't the closest to any of the three pools, but it is right across the street from the beach. If you will give us another try when in the area, I am confident that we will find your a beautiful room/suite that will suit your needs.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

After staying at this hotel I can see why the reviews for it are all over the place. The hotel has two owners and they redo the hotel differently. I got an excellet one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living room. The hotel room is more like a small house. It was really nice. I would get that room again if I could. (they do not let you request room numbers) I saw other small rooms and did not like them as much. My room was smell free. My friends stayed there for one night and I did not care for the way thier room smelled. The hotel allows dogs. Some of these dogs bark all day and night. The main pool deck was under construction. It looked nice. The jacuzzi was broken. We could not go to the beach due to the worst red tide in history. There were thousands of dead fish on the beach. That had nothing to do with the hotel at all but the deck of the pool being under construction and the jacuzzi being broken meant there was no need of unpacking a swimsuit at all. This hotel has the best location between Siesta Key beach and Siesta Village. The Village is loaded with excellent restuarants, bars, cafes, shops, I could go on. I just think the hotel could be better if all the rooms looked as good as the one I had. Oh they have this crazy thing that you have to call the front desk the night before to get a beach chair. Then the next morning you have to get the beach chair by 8:30am! I know crazy right? How do I know the night before that I want to go to the beach and who wants to get up on thier vacation to get the beach chair by 8:30am? Why not just leave two chairs on every porch? This way people will have a beach chair. They also do not have enough chairs around the pool. All this said I would stay there again if I was in the Siesta Key zone. The people that work their are really nice and they try hard to make you happy with the rules they are left to work with.

Room Tip: Would leave you a room tip but they do not let you request a room number, so why bother?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skipthelightfandango
Thank you for taking the time to review the Tropical Breeze Resort. I'm so sorry that you were here during Red Tide. It's such a nuisance and I know it's a real inconvenience to our guests who are looking for the wonderful beach experience. We appreciate your feedback on some of our policies.. Our main goal is to provide our guests with the best customer service and guest accommodations in a relaxed atmosphere. I hope that you will visit us again when in the Siesta Key area.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights, great location. The staff were really friendly, and the apartment was very clean. The furniture could use some updating, but for the price and location, you simply can't complain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will visit us again when looking for a vacation spot on Siesta Key!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love Tropical Breeze. We have made it a summer tradition with friends and family. The location is great and prices affordable. I love that is feet away from the beach. I will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012