This was our third stay at Tropical Breeze Resort. We booked two days in a one-bedroom suite and found it to still be a good choice. On the "plus" side, we found our unit to be clean, close to the beach with an updated bathroom and kitchen. The staff are friendly and accommodating, the no-charge continental breakfast is adequate and overall, the rates are very reasonable. Before I mention any negative items, it's also worth mentioning that compared to some other Gulf Coast resort areas, Siesta Key is generally a pretty laid-back place and accommodations/"cottages" can show some "rustic" qualities. Some of the furniture is in need of repair and as a previous reviewer noted, the mattresses have had a full life....my back didn't like the one in our suite very much. But, I feel that it is important to point out that the struggling US economy has had a dramatic impact on Florida Gulf Coast tourism. All things considered, it's a three-minute walk to the #1 beach in the US, plus the owners and staff of Tropical Breeze do a commendable job. To me, minor negatives would be an old non-HD television with a very poor picture and the lack of an exercise room. The resort did have an exercise room in the past but eliminated it. We also experienced a good bit of barking from nearby guest's dogs. This trip reinforced my feeling that I like to avoid accommodations that accept dogs, and the guests that fail to control them. Finally, I felt that security was an issue on this visit. During day 1, I locked our key card in our unit. An office employee that had never seen me before readily handed me a replacement key card. I appreciate her desire to be helpful, but I should have been asked for ID in that case. On day 2, after being away from our unit for a couple of hours, we came back to find the front door open/ajar. I went to the office to express my concern and was told that in all likelyhood the maid had left the door open for one moment and would return immediately. That turned-out not to be the case, we never saw the maid and there is no doubt in my mind that the maid simply forgot to close the door. We did not experience any loss of property but it could have turned-out much differently. No harm done....but it's something that owners need to address.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your ideal choice for Sarasota & Siesta Key Beach Resort and Property Rentals, the Tropical Breeze Resort on Siesta Key provides lodging on Siesta Key, within walking distance to both Siesta Key Beach, Voted the #1 in the USA and #3 in the World by TripAdvisor, and the Downtown Siesta Key Village area where all the dining, shopping, dessert, and entertainment on the key can be found. Choose from our unique accommodations featuring studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. We're also "pet friendly!" We now have single family home rentals as well!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Tropical Breeze Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Breeze Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Breeze Siesta Key
- Tropical Breeze Resort Siesta Key, Florida