“OUTSTANDING French cuisine!!!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great food and service. My husband enjoyed the escargot and said they were perfection. Best Caesar salad made table side. My daughter tried a gnocchi with crab appetizer which she declared was best ever! The salmon was perfectly grilled and my duck was delicious. It was served with a wonderful orange sauce, crispy and very lean, no fat. If you have room for dessert, chocolate mousse a MUST!!!! Definitely will return!!!!

2  Thank Luv2travel169
There are newer reviews for Miguel's Restaurant

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went to dinner last night at Miguel's and they exceeded our expectations once again. Me and my fiancé had a wonderful dinner! I ordered the Dover sole which was deboned tableside and he ordered the special of the evening: Grilled Prime Ribeye Steak w/ creamed fingerling potatoes, sauteed asparagus, and shallot marmalade. Both entrees were amazing and we are never disappointed when dining at Miguel's. I highly recommend this restaurant to locals and travelers who enjoy quality cuisine at affordable prices. Another homerun!!

1  Thank Meg P
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Me and my husband dined here with his parents on Christmas Eve and I must say it was truly one of the best meals we've ever had. The ambiance of this restaurant is unmatched in Sarasota and in my opinion the food is the best in town as well! They start out with house made pate and garlic bread that are to die for. My husband ordered prime rib and I had wild boar wrapped in puff pastry. The wild boar was absolutely amazing, served with glazed carrots, scalloped potatoes, and a lingonberry sauce. Words cannot describe how scrumptious our meals were. Hats off to the chef and service staff for an unforgettable experience. We will definitely be returning to Miguel's next time we're in Sarasota.

2  Thank Bethany S
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were taken here by regulars who insisited that this was the best restaurant in Sarasota.
Unfortunately, even our friends were disappointed that evening. You know things are going downhill when you are hungry, the food is not arriving and you keep asking for baskets of bread. Our onion soups were quite good but the entrees were good, not great. The entrees also arrived lukewarm and after such a wait, we did not want to send the food back.
The staff gave effusive apologies sayiing that there were issues in the kitchen and gave us free cordials with dessert - sorry - would rather just have a timely and hot meal.

The ambiance was lovely but everything did not gel that evening.
Maybe we would give this establishment another try since they did seem amicable

2  Thank shapgo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This place is a hidden gem. Do not be fooled by the location being in a strip plaza. It's beautifully decorated with french and spanish antiques and very romantic. The service and food were outstanding. They start you off with garlic bread, and I had Cesar salad prepared at the table, and the seafood vent, and my husband had the filet trio special. This is now my favorite restaurant in sarasota and possibly the best meal of my life. I will be dreaming of the shrimp and scallops until I return again. The prices are also very reasonable for such fine dining making the experience that much better.

4  Thank Charlotte M