“Could be excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartsdale, New York
“Could be excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were taken here by regulars who insisited that this was the best restaurant in Sarasota.
Unfortunately, even our friends were disappointed that evening. You know things are going downhill when you are hungry, the food is not arriving and you keep asking for baskets of bread. Our onion soups were quite good but the entrees were good, not great. The entrees also arrived lukewarm and after such a wait, we did not want to send the food back.
The staff gave effusive apologies sayiing that there were issues in the kitchen and gave us free cordials with dessert - sorry - would rather just have a timely and hot meal.

The ambiance was lovely but everything did not gel that evening.
Maybe we would give this establishment another try since they did seem amicable

2 Thank shapgo

“My favorite restaurant in Sarasota”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. Do not be fooled by the location being in a strip plaza. It's beautifully decorated with french and spanish antiques and very romantic. The service and food were outstanding. They start you off with garlic bread, and I had Cesar salad prepared at the table, and the seafood vent, and my husband had the filet trio special. This is now my favorite restaurant in sarasota and possibly the best meal of my life. I will be dreaming of the shrimp and scallops until I return again. The prices are also very reasonable for such fine dining making the experience that much better.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Charlotte M
Arlington, Texas
“Fine French/ reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Miguel's excells in service, food, and price.
Service was prompt and the waiter was extremely helpful, not intrusive at all.
Food was excellent, best Vichyssoise EVER. The colbert filet was perfect, the Fruit de mer was also great and you get three diferent dishes.
Go on a Monday and save 15%.
This is the first time I left a French restaurant with a bill less than 100 buck and than includes a great wine.

2 Thank joedvet
Siesta Key, Florida
“No patrons under 75 yrs old but good great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Food is wonderful. You will get a lot of food for the money. The clientele is much older. My husband is 30 and I am 27 yrs old. We were by far the youngest people in the place. The decor is very old as well. The service was very rushed and not really friendly.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Bronx, New York
“THEY DON'T DO SNOOTY !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had been meaning to try this place out, having heard of it on the computer, and since another restaurant I go to in Siesta Key is closed on Mondays decided to venture in. From the moment I walked in I knew this was not your typical snooty French restaurant. Gabriel greeted me at the door very warmly and seemingly was not put off by my beach t-shirt and shorts attire. It is sort of hard to find them tucked in the corner of a strip mall just a tiny bit south of the south bridge (Stickney Point) and I thought for a second that maybe they too took off on Mondays especially in the low season, but I was delighted to see the door slightly ajar. The atmosphere of the place is very pleasant with tasteful artwork and nice booths and tables and chairs. Sean introduced himself as my waiter and he too was outgoing and very helpful and most welcoming, I am somewhat of a finicky eater so it took a bit of discussion to settle on the Salmon, which was served with a wonderful sauce and rice pilaf, and delicious vegetables. They are so artistic in the way they decorate your plate with the food that you almost hate to eat it, because it is so nice to look at. I also received a great salad with honey mustard dressing that was outstanding and a red tomato in there far better than any I eaten in months. Now I must say that one of the best parts of this restaurant's experience is their flawless garlic bread. They must have brought me 6 or 7 baskets of it, and very fairly did not charge me for the refills. Liz was the bearer of water and a continuous flow of bread and she too was most gracious. Living in NYC I have had my fill of obnoxious waiters and waitresses at French restaurants so this was a breath of fresh air. I managed to go here twice during my brief 4 night stay in Siesta Key. Sean suggested I return
during their early bird time, and so I did. I was so impressed with the Salmon I had it again and he gave me a Shrimp Scampi appetizer that was delicious. Since I am not one for desserts and
coffee or tea I wasn't able to get the full impact of the early bird special, but that is not the restaurant's fault and the extremely high quality of the meal more than made up for it. I also appreciated that they did not resent the fact that I did not order any wine or alcohol, and accepted that I was not going to spend a lot of money there. Like I said snooty free !! I gave Sean a generous tip both times, especially considering that when I visited the second time I asked for him again and he had to go way out of his way to be my server, since the place was mobbed and his tables were on the other side of the restaurant. Sean has a lot of class. So if you are in Siesta Key, which is of course a lovely place to be, and I highly recommend October because it is far less crowded and the hotels give you some great deals, and I was happy to have exceptionally good weather, go to Miguel's , you will be impressed with their culinary artistry, warmth, and fair prices, and great atmosphere. Maybe next time I will try the duck, or chicken. I'm sorry I waited until my 4th visit to check out this place. Don't miss this great place !!!

MB Silver NYC