“Tableside food preparation at the Beach.....Wow?”

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant hides in the corner of a typical beach resort strip center. It's been there forever and it's probably the best French restaurant on Siesta Key. The wait staff has been there forever and they're good at what they do. We had Caesar Salad prepared tableside. The wife had the Dover Sole which was also serviced and prepared tableside. I had the Duck Breast and it was as good as any I've had in the finest French cafe's in Washington DC. Service is smooth, atmosphere is typical European, and the cost is half of what you'd pay in the big city.
Take the wife, it's worth the trip.

2  Thank SArnhart

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I have been frequenting Miguel's for years now and I can say it has always been our favorite. The high quality of the food is consistent and the service is always exceptional.

We enjoy the early dining menu with a four course meal that includes a non-alcoholic beverage, salad, appetizer, entree and dessert. The price for the quality and amount of food is a great value. I usually order the petite filet or the ducking with a delicious raspberry sauce (when I order the ala carte ducking I ask for that sauce specifically, without any hassle). And oh my god, the garlic soup!

When we are out for an extra special occasion we will order the Chateaubriand. It is carved tableside (the hubbs anyways give me the middle piece) and is served with a peppercorn brandy or béarnaise sauce, both of which are excellent. I always order the table side Cesar salad. It is truly made from scratch as you watch and has a great flavor. They also have Dover Sole (deboned tableside) and an array of tableside desserts for your viewing and consuming pleasure. We always tip extra when ordering table side service. The servers work so hard and are seamless even on a busy night.

Water is always severed right away and topped off frequently (the busser/water server has been there for years and she is exceptional). You also get a basket of the tastiest little garlic breads and a plate with veggies, cream cheese and pate.

Dan and Gabe (the owners and sons of Miguel) are welcoming and work quite hard to not only give the guests a great experience but also to support their staff. They welcome each guest as if they are family. They have recently started making improvements to the dining room (a new granite bar top, looks fantastic!) which is improving the overall look.

Some guests may have had a bad experience as evidenced by some of the other reviews (an off night happens even to the best of places) but Dan and Gabe are always more than willing to correct anything that may not be right. Those that say they won't go back...we will be more than happy to take your seat on a busy night during season. Reservations are recommended any time of the year, they have gotten quite busy!

My husband and I have both worked in the restaurant industry (he remains, I do not) and are avid travelers so we have been many places over the years. Miguel's is hands down our favorite. We hope it becomes yours as well.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had family in town and wanted to go someplace special so we went to Miguel's. It was wonderful. There were 5 of us and we all had something different. The meal was superb from the scallop appetizer to the roast duck main course. The evening was topped off with a delicoius strawberry flambe over vanilla ice cream prepared tableside! The perfect ending to a perfect meal. The service throughout the evening was outstanding. We never had to ask for a thing. I highly reccommend this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I had a ladies night with some friends, and we all had heard about a French restaurant on the key. Needless to say our decision to visit was definitely worth it! Our appetizers were fantastic, the salad was fresh and delicious, our drinks were always full, and our entrees were out of this world! I have never had such a rich and delicious french meal anywhere. Our server surprised us at the end of our meal with a dessert that he had created, with fresh strawberries, ice cream, and Sambucca. What an incredible experience, and I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

we've been visiting miguels for years and the food/atmosphere just continue to get better. it's a real siesta key/sarasota hidden gem, anyone who hasn't been is really missing out.