“Eat home, it's cheaper and better!”

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Dined at Miguel's with another couple. My onion soup was just ok as was the mussel appetizer. My husband and another member of our party both had the scallop appetizer which was mediocre to say the least. We all had the Caesar salad which consisted of greens in a bland dressing - I guess Caesar decided not to show up! But the most offensive part of our dinner were the veal dishes we all ordered. The poor veal had been pounded to death, reducing it to a mushy mess, and was totally covered by some liquid, which I guess the Chef categorizes as 'sauce'. That was enough for us, we paid and left...never to return. I have had a better dinner at McDonald's. Giving french names to menu offerings does not make a restaurant 'French'.

1  Thank Imelda M
There are newer reviews for Miguel's Restaurant

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate here on our first night of vacation. The manager was very attentive. The food was interesting. I can recommend the chicken. My family and I laughed and had a wonderful time during our 4 course mean.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Maybe they had a bad night but this restaurant did not deliver. Duck was overcooked as was steak. Chef is heavy on the garlic-even on dishes where garlic does not belong. Salads looked like they came from a cafeteria. I expected more for a $200 dinner.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had the Savor Sarasota menu. We had never eaten at Miguel's before. The escargot was all right but the garlic and butter sauce was just fair. My wife had the soup to start. It was interesting and somewhat tasty. The breast of chicken was in a heavy sauce that was a bit over powering. The salmon was very good. The cream brulee and pineapple sorbet were good. The wine menu was good and the prices were fair. The service was very good, but the overall experience was pretty average.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Yes it is located in the corner of a strip mall. Once inside it does take you back to a European restaurant with nice décor and atmosphere. As you walk in they have a table announcing the bottle of wine of the day special, a Chilean Cab! Now you would think it would be a French wine since they served French food. My wife had the escargot that she thought was wonderful and the scallops that were chewy and terrible. Me, I had a chicken dish that looked wonderful on the menu, but came out dripping in an oily, buttery, garlic sauce. At that point we didn't chance having desert, and left unsatisfied. It was so disappointing as we were looking for a romantic French dinner. Next time in the area we'll go somewhere else.