“Super fresh French food in an open airy atmosphere with a smile.”

Bonjour French Cafe
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bonjour French Cafe Siesta Key Sarasota. Enjoy the taste of an authentic French Bistro, cuisine handcraft with natural food and delicious !!! Breakfast and lunch all day, Welcome in a little Paris at Siesta Key.. Come in for taste our famous egg benedict. Executive Chef Marie.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a crown jewel in the middle of the Siesta Key village. Super fresh and outstanding flavor.

My wife had their croque monsieur with an included small salad. The croque monsieur was rich and savory. Every bite melted in your mouth. The small side salad had a very light tasting mustard based dressing which complimented all the flavor on the plate.

I had an incredibly fresh and flavorful crepe haricot which also came with the same fresh side salad and dressing. I am not a fan of buckwheat crepes so I went with white. This is flat out one of the best crepes I have ever had. Just such a rich and flavorful taste, but yet not too heavy. Just a perfect balance.

My wife and I absolutely love fruit tarts and we noticed in their small display case they had freshly made blueberry and strawberry fruit tarts. We ordered both and split them. The tarts were creamy and light with a perfect crust and the fruit was at peak ripeness. My wife and I agreed they were some of the finest fresh fruit tarts we have ever had.

The atmosphere is open and airy with windows open yet the air conditioning was still on. This made for a perfect blend of beach breezes coming in, but the air conditioning kept the temperature perfect. The inside is very bright, welcoming and European. The owner is very friendly as well as her staff.

I can't stress enough how refreshing a bistro like this is in Sarasota which is a city with a sea of chain restaurants. If you want something fresh, healthy and full of flavor served with a smile I cannot recommend Bonjour French Cafe enough.

Now go get your French on!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The chocolate croissant is fabulous!!
Foods are actually prepared and created (not heat & eat).
Quality food. Marie is darling.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

French/American Breakfast, very tasty, though not for big appetites. Charging $2.25 extra for 2 slices of toast??? Ehh-Not cool!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We decided to try Bonjour French Cafe and Crepes and we are so glad we did. It is a very quaint space. We ate upstairs and could watch the food being prepared from up there. I had the crepes and they were soooo good.

The selfish part of me would like it to be like Paris and have a "crepe happy hour"! They are so delicious.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Always looked busy when we passed do thought we should give it a try for breakfast. I had the French American, which consisited of two eggs, a cheese crepe, bacon and a fresh fruit cup.
Only one word to describe it, superb. The crepe in particular was to die for. The French sever was very nice and attentive but not over bearing. No wonder it has so many excellent reviews.