“You'd never know just walking by the place!”
Review of LeLu Coffee Lounge

LeLu Coffee Lounge
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: LeLu Coffee Lounge is a coffee shop, bar, and restaurant all in one. We are a retro, surf inspired cafe serving coffee from around the world, Cuban Coffee, Cafe con Leche, Fresh Fruit Smoothies, Hot, Iced or Blended Lattes, Fresh Brewed Iced Teas, a wide selection of Hot Teas, Coffee free Frappes, Handmade Sodas, and Fresh Squeezed Lemonade. We have a full breakfast menu featuring our Costa Rican, Stuffed Blueberry & Mascarpone French Toast, Egg White Power Omelette's, Breakfast Samiches, and all the traditional menu items you would want. We also have a lunch/dinner/small plates menu featuring our Cuban with Black Beans & Rice & Sweet Plantains, Blue Burger Sliders, Baha Fish Tacos, Mahi Sliders, and a Fresh Grilled Fish Selection with Veggies and Rice. You can also find specialty cocktails such as the Espresso Martini & Chocolate Martini, our signature Strawberry Basiltini & Mango Basiltini, and Margarita's made with Fresh Lime Juice and Agave. We have a Boutique Wine list and serve bottled beer as well. Want to try surfing or paddle boarding? We have those too, for rent or for sale! There is something for all ages and walks of life at LeLu. We can host parties large or small, catered or not, any time of the day or night.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

While walking around Siesta Key Village, we happened upon LeLu Coffee Lounge. They had a breakfast menu posted and we were hooked. When you walk into the place, the aroma of coffee is intoxicating. Really cool décor with comfy seating areas and tables. We ordered breakfast and decided to sit outside on their quaint patio. HIGHLY recommend the Huevos Rancheros! Sooooooooooo good! A bit pricey, but very tasty! We'll be back.

LeLu C, Owner at LeLu Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

I'm so glad you decided to pop in for the Huevos!!!! Thank you! It's a favorite for sure!! I'm always asking people what would make the outside as inviting as the inside?!?!? It's been one of my biggest dilemmas. Regardless, I'm so happy you chose to hang out with us while you were here. If I could just get the outside to smell like the inside I think I'd have everyone's attention!! On your next visit, please bring some "outside area" suggestions with you!!!! :-) Mahalo and travel well….

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the place for a homestyle breakfast and Homemade Pastries. The ladies are very nice here and we look forward to dining there this year as well. Oh lots of coffees to choose from and it looks like a place you would find Monica,Chandler and Rachel.

I love Friends!!!!! Ha! Thanks for that and thanks for loving LeLu! We try to source as much as possible local to Sarasota. Our pastries are done by our baker who is located just over the bridge and all of our coffee is roasted here in Sarasota! We also try and get as much local produce as possible. Thank you for your support, eat and drink local! Travel well….we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The coffee my husband had was wonderful and the food we had was very good. Definitely recommend! Wish we would have eaten here earlier.

Thanks so much for hanging out with us….as we always say, "better late than never!" Hopefully we will see you all again soon! Travel well...

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very warm welcoming atmosphere- you feel like you are in your own home with all of the comfy couches and magazines. Coffee selection is vast and creative. Loved the white chocolate mocha. Breakfast was so good had to go back both days- recommend the juevos rancheros whole heartedly. My wife got the peanut butter banana pancake and it was perfect.. My warning is this- get one pancake at a time as they are massive. Place is pet friendly- brought in my green cheeked conure (who is potty trained by the way) and we were welcomed. Saw another couple bring in a big happy dog. I can't wait to go back to Siesta Key and to have breakfast there!

We do love our dogs who come to visit, most locals cant't walk by LeLu without their dog leading them into the shop for a treat and a sip of water! Thanks s much for loving LeLu and for hanging out with us while you were here! The Huevos is definitely a favorite and how can you go wrong with peanut butter and banana anything?!?!? Next time, try the Chocolate Peanut butter Shibby, add banana, it's a blended drink and it's delicious!!!! As always, we do our best to make everyone feel welcome, I'm so happy you enjoyed the vibe….your support is much appreciated! Travel well….

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The inside of Lelu's is just fun. Lots to look at and see, great décor and really delicious selections of food and coffee!

Thank you for that awesome mood booster! I'm so happy you enjoyed LeLu and hope to see you again soon! Your support is much appreciated! Travel well….Mahalo