“A real treat”

A Taste of Germany
Ranked #5 of 7 Dessert in Siesta Key
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Breakfast all Day and Lunch - Bratwurst Coffee - Pastrys,cakes and Rum Cakes and more..
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The best muffins, rolls, bread, coffee. Huge breakfast sandwiches! Folks here are real nice and friendly, food is great. Unlike anything else on the island, a very cool place. This is a place we always visit a number of times while on vacation in Siesta Key.

1  Thank Kevin J

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Coffee as good as Starbucks only cheaper. The owner was very pleasant. The apple pastry was delish! A great stop for that morning coffee on the Key.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Me and my wife visited "A Taste of Germany" in August of 2013, and we were not disappointed! I can't remember all the details of what we ate, I had a brat and German Potato's and my wife had some type of meat in a brown gravy/sauce, but I do remember the food tasted excellent and the owners prepared the meals individually. We will definitly be back again when visiting Siesta Key/Sarasota! Also for desert I has the German Chocalite Cake, which was the best and my wife had some type of coconut desert that tasted like an Almond Joy Bar and it was outstanding as well. There is limited seating indoors, but I highly recommend this place if you happen to be in the area!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We at here on a trip to Siesta Key following a trip to Germany. We were excited to try German food outside of Germany. It was delicious and very authentic. No surprise considering the family that runs the restaurant are German. Try the coffee-very European, strong and rich. The family was very friendly and enjoyed sharing stories with us about our travels in Germany. Will definitely go back next time we are in Siesta Key!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had breakfast here two days in a row it was so good. Pastries were very fresh and the breakfast dishes were authentic and delicious. Owners are very friendly and courteous, making the experience that much better.